U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 AM

12 posts, read 131,244 times

Advertisements

What is the humidity like?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,270,009 times
Franco,

Those temps you quoted for last few weeks (example: July 2nd: High 102 low 64 ) are for KDMN ....Deming, NM airport ....some 60 miles away and 1,600feet lower ...if you type Silver City at weather underground ...you get forecast for Silver City but temp data for KDMN (Deming !!) ...not sure why ....same scenario for other towns too ... though weather has been above "normal" for last few weeks ....look at Phoenix ...high's in the 112-115 range and lows as high as 93 degrees....thankfully NM is significantly cooler !

Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 AM

17 posts, read 105,458 times
paste this into your browser--it is for Silver

San Lorenzo, New Mexico (88041) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Old 07-17-2007, 08:06 PM

28 posts, read 138,816 times
Yes, Silver City has wonderful weather, but climate and mountains do not pay the bills. There is not much oppotunity for work in the area. There are alot of houses for sale right now. Alot of people want out and some are still coming in. If it wasnt for my education I rec'd at WNMU, Silver would be the biggest mistake we ever made. Its not right that I am forced to work out of town due to the lack of employment opps. There is one hospital, 2 nursing homes, a couple of assisted living facilities, Walmart, Albertsons, a locally owned grocery store, a few fast food places and a handful of resturants. Not much too choose from at all. If considering this area, PLEASE do yourself a favor make sure you visit more than one time and be for damn sure its what you want to do!!!!! People need to know what they are getting into before making a move to small town Silver City. There are several art galleries downtown, but there are also empty store fronts or galleries/shops for sale downtown too. All the artsy fartsy types come in, but they usually do not last long. I think they figure out that they cant make money here. If you are living off retirement and do not need to make money then you might do well here. I have lived here almost 6 years, if you want to know anything else, feel free to ask away!

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM

11,798 posts, read 23,036,790 times
dallas3740: I'm a professional musician. Are there ANY opportunities there?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:13 PM

40 posts, read 145,327 times
Default Silver City musicians

I have taught in Silver City for 13 years and would have to say that it would be difficult to make much money as a musician. Musicians are needed badly, but so are the people to fork over the $ to pay musicians. I am optimistic that this will someday be a thriving music town one day.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Smile soon to be in Silver--loving the blues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
I have taught in Silver City for 13 years and would have to say that it would be difficult to make much money as a musician. Musicians are needed badly, but so are the people to fork over the $ to pay musicians. I am optimistic that this will someday be a thriving music town one day.
We will be retiring in 2mo. in Silver, we have 37 acres in the (Lower Mimbres Valley) hoping to build there in the future--have 5th wheel set up, power and well in. (Royal John Mine Rd.) How about the Blues festival—you got to love the blues! Check out our web page!!.
www(dot)newmexicodreamland.com

Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM

15 posts, read 71,068 times
rocky all your info is greatly appreciated........thanks so much. Look forward to seeing Silver City.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 PM

11,798 posts, read 23,036,790 times
Default Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCity View Post
Well, it was worth a try. Curses! The place seems like a perfect fit for me except for the little matter of not being able to make a living. Maybe I can retire there eventually.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Smile May Blues

)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Well, it was worth a try. Curses! The place seems like a perfect fit for me except for the little matter of not being able to make a living. Maybe I can retire there eventually.
Try to come out in May--you will have to check for the dates--they have a 3 day free Blues festivial--there are a lot of local types/bands/talent--and some name bands?? in the area--plus they play in the clubs--and have some jam sessions--and such, maybe a good time to make a connection, or (show your stuff) on a open mike??
NM Dreaming, Rocky
www(dot)newmexicodreaming.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico