U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:13 PM

6,078 posts, read 6,245,516 times
I like the turquoise. I wanna get an old Chevy pick-up to put it on.

ABQConvict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 03:47 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,621,755 times
That new turquoise plate is most excellent. As much as I love the old Zia plate, I would consider getting the turquoise plate too. I'd like to see them both stay.

p.s. Glad to see the balloon plate finally getting phased out...

Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,160,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I like the turquoise. I wanna get an old Chevy pick-up to put it on.

ABQConvict
As soon as I move back, I'm gunna put one on mi camión, Its newer though but i'd rather have a plate with an exotic color.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM

185 posts, read 252,078 times
Wink So what's the deal on the counties?

Well, we're finally legal in NM, moved everything these last week and loving it! But one question for you long-timers. We registered my old F150 pickup as it was due (holding off on the Honda for a while) and the plate we got shows Lincoln county on the top. But looking around, we didn't see many other plates that showed the county, most just generic New Mexico. Is that just a pickup thing, or is this something new?

Love living here now, went out the first night after our first decent monsoon, and saw a full rainbow. Many more spectacular night skies to come, and so glad to be here!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:59 PM

167 posts, read 337,838 times
I love both the yellow and turquoise. I have the balloon ones and I hate them. I am stuck with that particular plate??? I guess I could go to the DMV and ask.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
I love both the yellow and turquoise. I have the balloon ones and I hate them. I am stuck with that particular plate??? I guess I could go to the DMV and ask.
Don't quote me - but I think you can request a new plate at the time you pay your annual renewal fee. But I also seem to recall you have to pay something for the new plate, in addition to the renewal fee to cover the cost of re-registering.

There is probably no reason not to issue a new plate anytime a customer requests it - if they are going to charge for the change anyway. People who loose or have the plate stolen have to have a way to purchase a new one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer View Post
We registered my old F150 pickup as it was due (holding off on the Honda for a while) and the plate we got shows Lincoln county on the top....Is that just a pickup thing, or is this something new?
I do recall seeing Lincoln County on plates before, but can't recall which design plate that was - seems as though it was not the older yellow design.

Were you offered different options for plates when you registered you truck? And did you get the older yellow design or one of the newer ones?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM

7,821 posts, read 14,706,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer View Post
Well, we're finally legal in NM, moved everything these last week and loving it! But one question for you long-timers. We registered my old F150 pickup as it was due (holding off on the Honda for a while) and the plate we got shows Lincoln county on the top. But looking around, we didn't see many other plates that showed the county, most just generic New Mexico. Is that just a pickup thing, or is this something new?

Love living here now, went out the first night after our first decent monsoon, and saw a full rainbow. Many more spectacular night skies to come, and so glad to be here!
I haven't seen a New Mexico plate with the county sticker for years. If it is a new plate, I hope they are bringing the county stickers back.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:32 AM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,250,767 times
My pick-up still has the (Zia plate) Lincoln county designation on it. The state quit doing that quite some time ago. Mid to late 90's if I remember correctly.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 AM

7,821 posts, read 14,706,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
My pick-up still has the (Zia plate) Lincoln county designation on it. The state quit doing that quite some time ago. Mid to late 90's if I remember correctly.
That is what I thought, too, that the only plates with the county stickers were old ones, but hogfarmer indicated he got the county-stickered plate on a new registration. Was that correct?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 AM

3,062 posts, read 5,942,648 times
I'd like to see the county designation on the plates, too.

I like the new turquoise plate, but don't want one if they don't say USA on them. I like that part.

I'll stick with my yellow zia plate if I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico