U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2007, 12:22 AM

11,806 posts, read 13,526,773 times
Thumbs up Moving to Timberon

nmthorell: I envy you. Timberon would seem to have the most perfect climate in NM, as far as I'm concerned. I hope to ride my motorcycle out there next fall to look it over. High elevation at southerly latitude sounds ideal. It's fairly isolated, but I think I could live with that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,880,584 times
Catman,
It is a lovely community. Its great watching the wildlife, and sit on the porch and listen to the breeze blow through the trees.
I just talked to a friend there and she said there were people moving in from CA, TX,MI,and AZ. And those were just the ones she knew about.
Come out for a tour.
Jane

Old 05-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default I can hardly wait to visit

I certainly will, Jane! It sounds wonderful. Is access to Alamogordo very difficult from there, just in case one needs to go to the 'big city'? I suppose you have to go up through Cloudcroft to stay on pavement. It doesn't appear that there is any easy way to get to El Paso from there (although I might not want to).

I hope Timberon doesn't get too popular! Otherwise it will turn into what I want to get away from.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Catman,
Alamo is about1 1/2 hrs drive, 70 miles of paved road, but very curvy so you can't go that fast. El Paso Just add another hr+ on the trip.
I would not worry about Timberon getting crowded. 9,000 acres of "town" and about 340 residents. Summer there are a few more, but nothing you can't handle. Let us know when you are planning on the visit.
Jane

Old 05-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Thanks, Jane. I'll let you know when I'll be out there. I tentatively plan for September. I looked at Timberon on Google Earth and did notice that the homes aren't jammed together on tiny lots, which suits me fine.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 AM

7,064 posts, read 11,540,109 times
Catman,
We are in the process of closing on a house there right now and it is pretty isolated but sooooo nice and peaceful.
My boyfriend has a motorcycle also and is concerned what it would be like on a gravel road. We will be a couple miles off the paved road. He is a good rider but wondering how his bike will be on the gravel. I heard the thing to do in Timberon (From Jane) is to get an atv.
Do you ever go to the bike rallys in Ruidoso?
Peace,
Cheryl

Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Catman, Some of the lots are close together, but not that much building on them. Most lots are 1/2 acre or more. Cheryl, Nan and I live in the same area of the town. So that will be fun.

Cheryl as for the bike, your BF will just have to take it slow and easy till he knows the roads. But the paved road into timberon is so pretty and I love seeing the turkeys, elk and cattle on the trip in. And during the summer you will have to watch out for cattle on the road, its free range on parts of the trip.
Come up and enjoy Timberon.
Jane

Old 05-13-2007, 08:28 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,062,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I looked at Timberon on Google Earth
I know I am causing thread drift by changing the topic here, but I LOVE to look at New Mexico on Google Earth... I type in the name of a town, and suddenly I am flying over the mountains to the town. I guess I will go to Timberon tonight.

Back to the topic....

Old 05-13-2007, 08:46 PM

1,457 posts, read 1,377,753 times
Towanda, while you're flying over Timberon, check out Sunspot NM (it's near Timberon) - you can see the Solar Observatory buildings.
(I love playing in Google Earth too )

Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM

I heard from Jeremy that Nan and family made it in to Timberon today. Trip took a little longer than they thought.
I am anxious to meet her, which should be on Friday. Its going to be a busy week-end in Timberon,
Jane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico