U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 AM
 
19 posts, read 68,983 times
Reputation: 22
Default lots in Timberon

I am planning a visit to Timberon for a day to see/purchase one plot of land to build a house.

Which areas are better than the other? For example, are Golf Couse 2 or Golf Course 3 areas flat?

What about around Canyon Road in Timberon Unit 4 or Unit 7 Golf Course around Maialae St?

How much does it cost for the connection to the water and electricity?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 AM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,841,641 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralita View Post
I am planning a visit to Timberon for a day to see/purchase one plot of land to build a house.

Which areas are better than the other? For example, are Golf Couse 2 or Golf Course 3 areas flat?

What about around Canyon Road in Timberon Unit 4 or Unit 7 Golf Course around Maialae St?

How much does it cost for the connection to the water and electricity?

Thank you.
When will you be out to look over the land?
Not all golf course lots have elec. and you would be paying some to get it in. I really can't say if any of the lots are flat. You really need to look at the lots to decide. And get out and walk them. You have all types of land up there, flat, slope, hill and where you couldn't build if you wanted to with out it costing a lot. Do not buy on e-bay, without looking at it personally.
Connections are not that much, I really don't remember. right now our water/garbage etc is around $21. a month.
good luck on your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 AM
 
19 posts, read 68,983 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
When will you be out to look over the land?
Not all golf course lots have elec. and you would be paying some to get it in. I really can't say if any of the lots are flat. You really need to look at the lots to decide. And get out and walk them. You have all types of land up there, flat, slope, hill and where you couldn't build if you wanted to with out it costing a lot. Do not buy on e-bay, without looking at it personally.
Connections are not that much, I really don't remember. right now our water/garbage etc is around $21. a month.
good luck on your search.
Thank you for the answer.

I am not planning to purchase ebay but from some local realtors. They have lists with availability and utilities but not all the lots have pictures.

I know that in parts of Colorado the connection to water/sewer can run up to $25000.
Is there much lower in Timberon?

How much are the anual taxes for the land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Status: "Count your Blessings" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Capitan, NM
7,064 posts, read 11,300,343 times
Reputation: 3323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralita View Post
I am planning a visit to Timberon for a day to see/purchase one plot of land to build a house.

Which areas are better than the other? For example, are Golf Couse 2 or Golf Course 3 areas flat?

What about around Canyon Road in Timberon Unit 4 or Unit 7 Golf Course around Maialae St?

How much does it cost for the connection to the water and electricity?

Thank you.
Ralita,
We just hooked up to water and electricity a few weeks ago. To hook up to the electric was 106.74.
(Otero County Electric in Cloudcroft) The water hookup is 22.75.
As far as the lots are concerned, besides looking at them, contact Roberts Realty in Timberon and they can answer your questions about that.
Michelle Lowe or Ruby Roberts-505 987-2440....
Hope this has helped.
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 AM
 
19 posts, read 68,983 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Ralita,
We just hooked up to water and electricity a few weeks ago. To hook up to the electric was 106.74.
(Otero County Electric in Cloudcroft) The water hookup is 22.75.
As far as the lots are concerned, besides looking at them, contact Roberts Realty in Timberon and they can answer your questions about that.
Michelle Lowe or Ruby Roberts-505 987-2440....
Hope this has helped.
Cheryl
I contacted Roberts Realty, I shall see them when I am in Timberon.

The hook-up prices seem to be reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top