Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,804 times

Advertisements

Can someone help me...I am doing a research project on Eunice NM and what they have there for Health Care Resources...

Such as

radiology?
pharmacy?
laboratory (tests)
how many doctors, how many physician assistants

services

family practice
pediatrics
ob/gyn

and other specialty doctors

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Default Eunice Next Boomtown?

Good story in todays Las Cruces Sun newspaper about how the town of Eunice (pop 2700) just south of Hobbs is building the 1.5 billion dollar LES Uranium plant as they need about 700 more construction workers which they are having a hard time finding. On top of that they need according to the town Mayor Matt White 400 new houses to be built and also an appartment complex. They are also getting ready to build the new 6 million dollar Waste Water treatment plant and also recieved from Gov. Richardson 1 million dollars for downtown beautification projects. Once the LES plant is built they will have 350 permanent workers and an additional 70 Security Guard workers to protect the plant.

The Democratic Governor (Richardson) has allowed it to proceed although some are opposed because of the radiation storage. Since its happening its good to see a small town of 2700 people get an infusion of jobs. So if your in the construction industry and want to make big bucks then you may want to head down to Eunice where they are begging for construction Workers.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
harry o,

Were will the 5600 tons of toxic waste that the plant produces every year end up? C-bad wipp?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:16 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,405,367 times
Seems like everywhere in NM is under, or will be under construction.

Were building the 600 bed prison, 150 new homes, truck stop and possibly another hotel / motel too. Looking good for everybody.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 20,055 times
Well as a concerned citizen of Eunice New Mexico , Eunice is not the next BoomTown, its more like the next Crime scene.. Since LES has come to town we have experienced nothing but Hell if you will , our crime rate has gone up dramatically.. The People from these big cities have come into our little town demanding "change"... Well there is no need for change or no reason for what so ever.. The big city people don't smile, not a hello, and sure not a thank you!! Who do they think they are.. Listen as someone that has been born and raised here in Eunice, and is now bringing my children up here i have no problem with change but who gave Eunice, the bright idea that a Nuclear Plant would just be the right thing.. Maybe they have been around one to many nuclear plants themselves. My main concern is what happens when, the jobs are not there anymore, people lose their incomes due to cutbacks , and layoffs. What happens when there is a major accident or spill, and they have no clue how to take care of it.. I don't want my town to like the other plant in Louisiana, a Terror Threat, What happened on 9-11 is bad enough, and with the high levels in the nuclear waste that they will be transporting in you better believe it will be one hell of a boom!!! And why are they building it here of all places, Do they not see That we have WCS and nothing ever or hardly ever goes in that place.. As a individual that used to be employed there , work decreased nearly 65% percent and where do you think everyone went !!HELLO. WIPP!!! Well i think i said my peace.. But when people start getting sick and lawsuits uproar , don't say you weren't warned, Eunice wanted change and let me tell you people it won't last long.. If you have questions on what is behind the LES Plant request info from it i can let you know and send you , some things on it...

Thx
~Concerned88231

Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,025,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned88231 View Post
our crime rate has gone up dramatically..
What kind of crimes are you seeing?

Just wondering what "dramatically" means .... your post is kind of vague.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
Quote:

~Concerned88231
Well it's PNM that is up to no good with all the blessings of our current governor and the PRC. PNM is fixing to jack all of there customer rates so they can build a nuclear generating plant up in the four corners. The gov. and the prc have pretty much approved the rate hikes.

PNM recently hired Jim Ferland to head it's generation division. He is connected to westinghouse nuclear and he is the one who secured all of the permits for the enrichment plant in Eunice for LES. So yes PNM is pushing to have a plant built in NM. The need more money thats why they want the rate increase.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Well as a concerned citizen of Eunice New Mexico , Eunice is not the next BoomTown, its more like the next Crime scene.. Since LES has come to town we have experienced nothing but Hell if you will , our crime rate has gone up dramatically.. The People from these big cities have come into our little town demanding "change"... Well there is no need for change or no reason for what so ever.. The big city people don't smile, not a hello, and sure not a thank you!! Who do they think they are.. Listen as someone that has been born and raised here in Eunice, and is now bringing my children up here i have no problem with change but who gave Eunice, the bright idea that a Nuclear Plant would just be the right thing.. Maybe they have been around one to many nuclear plants themselves. My main concern is what happens when, the jobs are not there anymore, people lose their incomes due to cutbacks , and layoffs. What happens when there is a major accident or spill, and they have no clue how to take care of it.. I don't want my town to like the other plant in Louisiana, a Terror Threat, What happened on 9-11 is bad enough, and with the high levels in the nuclear waste that they will be transporting in you better believe it will be one hell of a boom!!! And why are they building it here of all places, Do they not see That we have WCS and nothing ever or hardly ever goes in that place.. As a individual that used to be employed there , work decreased nearly 65% percent and where do you think everyone went !!HELLO. WIPP!!! Well i think i said my peace.. But when people start getting sick and lawsuits uproar , don't say you weren't warned, Eunice wanted change and let me tell you people it won't last long.. If you have questions on what is behind the LES Plant request info from it i can let you know and send you , some things on it...

Thx
~Concerned88231
So i take it that you and the Mayor Matt White do not see eye to eye....

Old 07-05-2007, 10:32 PM

385 posts, read 1,555,610 times
I am sorry to hear about this situation in Eunice. I don't know how close Jal is to you but I know when I was working out there about three years ago, all the people had a lot of hopes and dreams pinned on this nuclear waste plant, etc. I really did have a bad feeling about the whole deal but I know there are some very poor people in Jal who really didn't have much option when it came to working. Jal seemed like a place ripe for the picking by fast talking big city folk, if you know what I mean.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM

150 posts, read 792,067 times
Default Some Things Never Change

All of the nasty, dirty, dangerous projects that the more powerful citizens of New Mexico's larger cities want no part of, seem to end up being shoved down the throats of those enjoying their peaceful, safe, lifestyles in small towns. Unfortunately, a few wheeler-dealers can undermine their entire communities.

Hopefully, Eunice's citizens will impeach your mayor! I've passed through Eunice a number of times, and have to admit, I never thought of it in any connection whatsoever to nuclear energy!

Peace and prosperity don't seem to ever go together do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico