Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,251,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarela View Post
I am going to to be relocating to Ruidoso and will need a long term rental (at least a year). Before I decide whether or not I want to make Ruidoso my permanent home, I'd rather rent before I buy. I haven't had much luck because everything is short term. I do not plan to trash anybody's home. For this reason, I feel there is a need for long term rentals in Ruidoso.

Try this link for long term rentals in Ruidoso.

Ziahousing.com: Search Ruidoso, New Mexico apartments, houses and condos for rent or lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,915,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTH View Post
Great site. I was "thumbing" through it and surprised to see some places I'm familiar with being advertised as rentals since they are, to my knowledge, brand new and never been occupied. I'm guessing that sales are slow enough that developers/realtors are opting to rent until the sales market recovers

The number of rentals on that site confirms the stance I've been taking about long term rental availability in the area.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,972 times
I am looking at buying a condo in Ruidoso for short term rental. I was looking at some of the agent listings wesites and everything seems to be available, no bookings. Where are the best places to find the weekly renters? Is there a good management company anyone could recommend?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy123 View Post
Is there a good management company anyone could recommend?
Virtually every large real estate office in the area will have at least one agent - or in some cases a dept - that deals with rental properties.
A look at the Ruidoso Yellow Pages will reveal other firms, in addition to these that advertise as property managers:

ALL AMERICAN REALTY
PROFESSIONAL PROPERTY MGT.
CENTURY 21
CONDOTEL PROPERTY MANAGERS
THE WOODLANDS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT CORP.

Cost, quality and degree of services offered will differ between them.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,251,775 times
We have our cabin listed with Condotel. They have been in business for about 25 years and really know what they are doing. Ask for Cindi or Riker. This is the slow time of year. October and April are really slow. The ski slopes open around Thanksgiving and stay open until Easter depending upon how much snow they receive.

http://www.ruidosoreservations.com/RDF21.htm

Last edited by JDTH; 10-19-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 9,244 times
I am a professional moving to Ruidoso to work and have had an impossible journey looking for a long term rental. Most reasonable people (even if they can qualify for a mortgage) want to explore the area and live in it prior to making a decision to buy. Good luck with that plan in a town where short term vacation rentals reign supreme and bring in big money. I've seen homes in desperate disrepair for $1500.00 per month looking out over the neighbor's garbage. In the golf course areas, be prepared to leave your furry and feathered friends behind as they are not welcome in those communities, where one can be evicted for putting up a dog run. Your dog will be banished to the second story deck where you will have your work cut out for you once you get home.
With so many homes for sale, one might think a responsible long term tenant would be a desirable commodity; we are rather more like a gnat bite. Be careful what you fall in love with, because if the owner agrees to rent, the house may very well remain on the market where you will be booted out after 30 days should the house sell.
So how is the long term rental market in Ruidoso? Next to nonexistant.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron 800 View Post
I have no idea where your information comes from, but as someone who has lived in Ruidoso full time for 13 years, and been a property owner in Ruidoso for several generations of family, I find your comments TOTALLY OFF THE MARK!

I've contributed tons of information to other recent threads with RUIDOSO in the subject line, so I am not about to waste time responding to further misinformation.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:16 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,590,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron 800 View Post
That's just the way things are. The short term rental market is so lucrative that long-terms are fairly expensive and rare. We spoke to a couple who was also looking at rentals 3.5 years ago when we arrived, and the reason they were looking was because the owner decided to rent short-term and kicked them out. We eventually found a townhouse that was perfect for our needs for $550/mo, so it isn't impossible.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Once again I'm posting this web reference for long term Ruidoso area rentals. As will be observed by anyone caring to browse through the list, many if not most require a MINIMUM 6 MONTH LEASE!

http://www.ziahousing.com/

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM

2 posts, read 9,244 times
My comments came from first hand experience so they are right on the mark. It is unfortunate that you, JAXART, cannot accept the reality of other people's experiences. A six month lease? Big whoop! Who wants to move in six months when they work in Ruidoso? Of course one could always succumb to the high pressure sales techniques of the local realtor set.

Actually, I'm out of this discussion as I chose to settle in a community, Las Cruces, which is far more tenant friendly. I found a pristine, beautiful home in a gated community, that welcomed me AND my dog, cat, and bird. Granite countertops, cathedral ceilings, landscaping, sprinkler system, garage with automatic opener, membership for use of the swimming pool and club house, all for the gigantic price of $1150.00 per month. You couldn't hope to find what I have in Ruidoso, as a tenant. So JAXART, keep dreamin' man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico