U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-17-2009, 02:34 PM

152 posts, read 140,193 times
How about putting it on a consignment lot?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-17-2009, 09:07 PM

409 posts, read 779,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b9ev View Post
How about putting it on a consignment lot?

Aw..I don't even know what that means!

Unread 11-18-2009, 08:59 AM

106 posts, read 173,721 times
oodle places it in many online markets
facebook free ads
myspace free ads
auto trader .com free ad
craigslist

I recently sold two vehicles only with online advertising. Of course at that time I was in the Atlanta market, but both sold within two weeks. The key is to price it with market comparable's, not what you have in it or think it's worth.

Unread 11-18-2009, 09:56 AM

152 posts, read 140,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer_girl View Post
Aw..I don't even know what that means!
Those are lots where you park your car to sell and the owner of the lot makes a percentage of the sale when the transaction occurs.

Unread 11-18-2009, 06:01 PM

246 posts, read 341,574 times
Lightbulb Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer_girl View Post

So- I'm sure there are rules and regs on this site about not selling things..so I won't...and I wouldn't want to bore anyone!
But..I do need a little help! I'm looking to sell my very good used car, and was wondering if anyone had ideas. I've already done the craigslist and "for Sale" signs but that is as far as I get with MY ideas! The Santa Fe New Mexican wanted $103 for my ad and I'm not about to drop that kind of money when I'm trying to SELL something!
Thanks for your ideas! I'm pretty desperate for something creative!

Fischer Girl, by purchasing the 'Deluxe' ad on autotrader.com, it runs your ad until it is sold.

--BtK

Unread 11-19-2009, 08:46 PM

409 posts, read 779,872 times
Wow..thanks guys! So my dad asked me tonight why I don't put it on a consignment lot. *laughs* Theres SO much I never thought of! Anyone know of one in SF/ABQ?

Unread 12-25-2009, 07:47 PM

10 posts, read 13,131 times
just looked at these posts ... might want to check out www.MilitaryCarLot.com. This site has the used cars lots online (or "lemon lots") for the military bases around the country. I think there are some out there in the Santa Fe area. Hope this helps.

Reach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico