Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 09:59 AM

11 posts, read 29,913 times

Advertisements

Any experiences/feedback about this hospital. I'm interviewing (Hospitalist) there next week.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
The only experience I've had is to go get the cholestorol and other bloodwork done.
The people were nice and professional. They were also quick. I usually don't like to stand around and wait for a long period of time so that's important to me.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
I actually know a couple of the OB nurses over there, don't really hear them complain. I had a baby there 8 yrs ago and can't complain, had a couple of my boys in the ER and can't really complain. I know there are some people who do but I think you find that anywhere, the old adage "you can't please everyone."

Old 05-22-2009, 08:11 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
What I have had done has only been tests. But I have friends that work there, and they seem happy.
Good luck with the interview.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 PM

390 posts, read 951,803 times
Are you a physician? The reputation some years ago was very poor. But they have learned how to package and ship out patients that need more advanced care. They need more young Docs and energy. I'm sure you will be a welcome asset and can really improve health care for the community.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 PM

11 posts, read 29,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caydriver View Post
Are you a physician? The reputation some years ago was very poor. But they have learned how to package and ship out patients that need more advanced care. They need more young Docs and energy. I'm sure you will be a welcome asset and can really improve health care for the community.
Yes, I'm a Hospitalist (Internal Medicine) and interviewing there May 28. They appear to be aggressively recruiting. They liked that I have experience and was prior Air Force. However, small programs can be tricky.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Were you stationed at Holloman? If not they have beds assigned there and are staffed by AF docs. You might want to talk with some of the AF staff and they will be able to give you a good idea of the problems, the positives and type of care available. Take a look at Lincoln County Medical Center in Ruidoso while you are in the area.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
I drug up this old post so that I wouldn't start a new one. My opinion has changed dramatically about the hospital. Tuesday I was prescribed an antibiotic that I had taken before but for some strange reason this time it did not like me. Within an hour of taking the first dose, my lips began to swell and tingle, I broke out in hives with severe itching and my throat felt really weird. Hubby told me to go to the ER to be on the safe side. Got there at 8 p.m., about 45 minutes later they triaged me, by this time my feet were broken out and severely itching so the nurse gave me a Benadryl, said they had a couple of traumas so I would have to sit in the area outside triage. She left and never came back. Then about 11:30 a different nurse comes to triage and asks if I am having trouble breathing, I said no, finally took me to a room close the curtain and walked out. I was still itching pretty good. Finally at 11:50 I was exhausted having been up since 4:30 a.m. got up and walked out. The whole time I never saw a doctor. I understand they had some traumas and I obviously wasn't going to die but to be so unprepared to deal with the waiting ER because of 2 traumas is unacceptable to me. There were others that had been there way longer than I had. I called patient accounts the next day to tell them I would pay for the benadryl but I wasn't paying for anything else, they told me to call back on Monday to make sure the ER doesn't submit charges. Anyway this was just a FWIW to anyone, make sure it you need to go to the ER don't go when they have any traumas. LOL

Old 06-07-2009, 08:21 PM

I'm so sorry this happened. unfortunately this has been the history. I worked trauma at UNM and we used to roll our eyes when something came in from Alamo knowing it was too little , too late. Don't pay the bill you could have treated yourself at home. Hope you are doing better. Gee, do they ever need some new blood down there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico