U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:05 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,575,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijomarco View Post
What I did on my summer vacation..

This sounds familiar!

My gal and I started the same way but a year earlier. Funny, we came from Florida...the place where the guy who started this thread moved to! Florida was good for us...but we have always loved the west.

We bought property in Cloudcroft at the Woodlands and plan to build someday when we retire. Right now we are living in Tularosa. It's a charming little oasis...plenty of history and lots of characters, maybe even some potential for the spectacular. But it's lot warmer than any of the nearby mountains.

Good luck with your plans. You'll certainly enjoy it up at 9000 feet!
If you don't mind - what do you do for a living to be able to survive in Tularosa. I am (perhaps incorrectly) deducing that you are not of retirement age.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:19 PM

11 posts, read 11,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
If you don't mind - what do you do for a living to be able to survive in Tularosa. I am (perhaps incorrectly) deducing that you are not of retirement age.

Thanks!
We are artists and operate a studio/gallery on Hwy 54/70 in Tularosa. It's called Studio 54@70. You can see pictures of it if you search 'Tularosa' on this website. We also do outdoor shows from time to time, hold workshops, offer lessons and provide services to artists, e.g. matting, restoration, etc.
Come by and see us, we're here everyday except Mondays. 575-585-5470

Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,628,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post

Thanks!
I've been driving through Tulie all of my long life as I tripped to the family cabin in Ruidoso in both summer and winter months. Until they began development on the rich farmland on the south side of Tulie (US 54), it was always such a treat to reach there after the long ride across the sand dunes of the desert. Such wonderful mature cottonwoods and lombardy poplars and those irrigated fields of crops.

I've long pondered why Tulie hasn't taken off as a retirement haven. And I've come to understand that it's because the family-owned lands there have been "in the family" for generations. One of the most knowledgeable people on area history lives in Tulie and anyone who has the chance should take one of the tours that she leads - Cynthia Prelo-Reidinger. She is associated with ENMU in Ruidoso and does several tours a year as part of their "Continuing Education" program. Very reasonably priced and so interesting. Especially the one that visits the old mission churches in the area surrounding Tulie.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,300,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijomarco View Post
We are artists and operate a studio/gallery on Hwy 54/70 in Tularosa. It's called Studio 54@70. You can see pictures of it if you search 'Tularosa' on this website. We also do outdoor shows from time to time, hold workshops, offer lessons and provide services to artists, e.g. matting, restoration, etc.
Come by and see us, we're here everyday except Mondays. 575-585-5470
Are you on the main drag or on a side street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico