Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM

995 posts, read 2,727,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Valley Gal View Post
Ick, ick, and ick again. I'm from New Jersey, and after every storm, there's lots of seaweed and dead fish washed up on the beach.

This Jersey girl knows dinner when she sees it, folks, and that ain't it. Eeesh, what some people will eat...
Amen sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
I love sushi. When I was still in New Jersey, I used to go at least once a week. I've been to two excellent places here in Las Cruces - Mix Pacific Rim and Aqua Reef - but I don't go as often now as it is much more expensive here than in the NE. That being said, I do find the quality here as good, if not better, than my favorite NJ place.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Sushi is awesome.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,862 times
I also love seaweed!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:46 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,003,004 times
Default RE sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
Hunter, I see that your location is "heading to the NW." Has your love of sushi trumped your love of NM?

~clairz
My "love" of NM has gone from 1000 to -10....
Many many issues re this.....
But re the Sushi issue...it is a factor in our decision...but only as a side benefit....

The reasons for leaving are numerous and range from the cold cold weather, muddy muddy and snowed roads, lack of county co-operation to maintain roads, local residents who have threated us to get out.., lack of "normal" facilaties for a community...++ many many more.

Happy trails,

HW

Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,003,004 times
Exclamation Re Sushi...et.al...

while the original intent was to talk about Sushi..it seem's to have widened into Seafood as a whole..

A while back I posted a thread re SEAFOOD....etc...my background of over 30 years in the seafood business as a : FISHERMAN, PROCESSOR, SALES REP.,
SALES MGR, BUYER, SPEAKER AND WAS CONSIDERED THE "SEAFOOD CAPTAIN FOR SEATTLE!!!.

Let me tell you AGAIN...there is sooo much confusion and LACK OF KNOWEDLE RE SEAFOOD OUT THERE THAT EDUCATION NEEDS AND MUST BE DONE...

In this day and age....there are excellent sources of good and fresh seafood(that being caught form the oceans of the world) and there are sooooo many BAD PRODUCTS OUT THERE....

There many very very good website's re Sushi and Seafood...please do a search for those..

But as a couple items: Fresh Seafood is available now pretty much whereever you live with today's airfreight etc.

In Abq..we found a very good resturant and has top notch Sushi...

RE: fresh seafood for retail...WHOLE FOODS DOES A GREAT JOB.....

Sure the closer you are to a SEAPORT...is great for the local faire..

RE as a side note LOBSTERS ....there are many many types.

The best in my opinion is the NORTHERN AUSTRIALIAN LOBSTER...$$$$ BUT WORTH IT...

Maine lob's are excellent...but a different type...they have claws..

CALIFORNIA SPINY LOBS'S ARE TOP NOTCH....

Other varieties are of course caught and frozen...

ASK YOUR SERVER WHERE ARE THEY FROM...
SOME OF THE """WARM"""WATER TYPE ARE VERY VERY VERY GOOOD...

DO YOU HOMEWORK, ASK YOUR SERVER, YOUR LOCAL STORE ETC.

SEAFOOD IS GOOD AND GOOD FOR YOU...

DO SOME RESEARCH AND LEARN...

Happy trails,

HW...aka CAPTAIN SEAFOOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico