Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 PM

124 posts, read 415,035 times

Advertisements

Good evening to all. What kinds of plants grow in LC? How about potting, and indoor plants? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 05:01 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,527 times
I would wonder about the indoor plants. In the winter it can get to freezing or below. Even if it is overnight it could kill the house plants. In Alamogordo within 1 hr we have all of the growing zones except tropical, so there is a big range of plants that can grow. I stick to the native plants in the area.
Jane

Old 05-28-2007, 05:40 AM

271 posts, read 1,175,204 times
The climate for plant growing is not San Diego and I also notice a lot of
incredible foilage growing in the Tucson area that may or may not make
it in Las Cruces. Las Cruces does have a nice climate even though it is
quite hot in the summer and it occasionally snows in the winter but generally
it has a pretty good winter climate.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,948 times
I would recommend Judith Phillips to anyone interested in gardening in New Mexico. I find her the foremost expert in gardening in all areas of the state. She has written several excellent books.

However, I believe all of her research and advice is about outdoor gardening.

I have lived in hot climates and cold ones, and indoor plants will thrive any place, since our homes are usually pretty well climate controlled these days with heat in the winter and air conditioning if necessary in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico