Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you own a Gun?
Do you own more than 1? 25 69.44%
Do you own more than 7? 5 13.89%
Do you own more than 12? 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,350 times

Advertisements

Nopes, but maybe some day. I have enough hobbies, tho.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM

143 posts, read 364,830 times
We have always had - always will & are looking to add to the collection!
Mostly defend home & self type!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,749,864 times
Do not currently own one, but have in the past and may do so again. I'm neither
a hunter nor a collector so I'd either have to become worried about safety or
develop a real interest in target shooting to make the outlay worth it.

I also do not own a weed-whacker, a wool loom nor a post hole digger as I have
no current need for those, either. (Just making the point that non-ownership is
not a vote AGAINST ownership)

Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM

26 posts, read 55,735 times
We grew up hunting and target practicing. Having guns around is like having my favorite old pair of boots! We are just totally comfortable with them. We know how to use them safetly. We have hand guns, shotguns, and rifles. We target shoot and hunt with them all. And I feel safe at home alone.
Education is the best weapon.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Do not currently own one, but have in the past and may do so again. I'm neither
a hunter nor a collector so I'd either have to become worried about safety or
develop a real interest in target shooting to make the outlay worth it.

I also do not own a weed-whacker, a wool loom nor a post hole digger as I have
no current need for those, either. (Just making the point that non-ownership is
not a vote AGAINST ownership)
x2, even down to no weed-whacker, loom or post-hole digger

Old 02-18-2010, 05:06 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,058 times
When I was 12 years old, I had earned enough money to by myself a single shot .22 rifle. It was sooooo long ago that I walked into a Western Auto store and purchased it myself, unaccompanied by an adult. No questions asked. My dad never knew and would NOT have approved since he was not a hunter and did not favor guns. I kept it hidden from him until I was a couple of years older.

I became not only a "marksman" but an avid hunter, but in later life gave all that up entirely. Now I just "shoot" with a camera. I do still have a few guns around, but have divided up the others between my sons.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 AM

908 posts, read 2,853,483 times
Speak softly and carry a big stick. I've got a few myself, including some black powder, for a variety of reasons.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,169,437 times
I have 8 guns.
Three pistols, two rifles, two shotguns, and one 58 cal. black powder buffalo gun I built from a kit.
Ain't seen a buffalo in the yard yet.
Five of those guns are loaded and ready for action.
I have never, (except for the time I was in the military back in the 60's)) and hope I never have to point a gun at another human being.
But if the need arises to protect my family, my home, or myself, I'm ready. I don't want that to ever happen.
It wouldn't be something I would intice or provoke with threats. It would be the last worse case scenario to save my life or those I love and the only choice left available.
And there wouldn't be any warning. I would try to avoid or talk someone out of a confrontation or even give what little money I have if robbed on the street.
But a home invasion--they're dead.
When the dog alerts, I have a gun close and ready to use. That dog is the best security system there is. She just lets me know something ain't right. And thankfully so far it was just getting my attention to things that haven't been a real threat.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 AM

26 posts, read 55,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
When I was 12 years old, I had earned enough money to by myself a single shot .22 rifle. It was sooooo long ago that I walked into a Western Auto store and purchased it myself, unaccompanied by an adult. No questions asked. My dad never knew and would NOT have approved since he was not a hunter and did not favor guns. I kept it hidden from him until I was a couple of years older.

I became not only a "marksman" but an avid hunter, but in later life gave all that up entirely. Now I just "shoot" with a camera. I do still have a few guns around, but have divided up the others between my sons.

Things sure have changed from the good old days! My husband has a similar story about his first rifle. Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I have my late father's .22 single shot that he bought at Wards in 1938. Accurate little gun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico