Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:08 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times

Advertisements

I was reading Southern New Mexico congressman Steve Pierce's web site and he mentioned that Nascar is interested in building a Track in T or C. I was surprised when i read it. Has anyone out there any info on this one way or the other. First the Spaceport and now a Nascar Race Track possibly. T or C would really make out if that happened. Also read on their newspaper that a 107,000 visitors hit Elephant Butte Reservoir over the Memorial Weekend. I'm sure T or C ''Gross Reciepts'' revenue was thru the roof on that weekend which is good for the town.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 PM

35 posts, read 194,366 times
Nascar has been talking about putting a track in the southwest, but most likely it would be in Colorado. Love Nascar, Indycars, F1 etc. though.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisco55 View Post
Nascar has been talking about putting a track in the southwest, but most likely it would be in Colorado. Love Nascar, Indycars, F1 etc. though.
Of course there's one in Phoenix....but i really can't beleive they would choose T or C because of its size but on the other hand Congressman Pierce must know something we don't or he would look stupid for announcing this.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM

710 posts, read 2,961,404 times
Do you have the link to Congressman Pierce's website announcement?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Do you have the link to Congressman Pierce's website announcement?
Congressman Stevan Pearce once on his site click ''Hot Projects'' along the top and then you'll see Nascar and click that.
I see i mispelled his last name so his correct spelling is Pearce not Pierce so my mistake.....

Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM

I actually found a new website for the development as well. It doesn't give much info, but I'm guessing they'll update as needed.

Hot Springs Motorplex Development - Home

It would be exciting if this did happen. It can pull from over 2.5 million people in the ABQ to EP corridor. What will they do for hotels and such? My guess is this isn't happening for a few years so they can get the infrastructure set up first. Which may mean cities like Denver and Seattle may actually beat us to the punch. Years ago some investors had planned Albuquerque International Raceway (AIR) but they were not able to generate enough interest and it is now call Las Vegas Speedway, huge loss to ABQ.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The 10-year-old NASCAR track in Louden, New Hampshire has been very beneficial to the state’s tourist revenue. It also provides a track for local racers to run. The downside is that there are NO hotel rooms available on race weekends for 50 miles.

I’ll have to consider this while planning a relocation/retirement to NM.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 PM

811 posts, read 2,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
I actually found a new website for the development as well. It doesn't give much info, but I'm guessing they'll update as needed.

Hot Springs Motorplex Development - Home

It would be exciting if this did happen. It can pull from over 2.5 million people in the ABQ to EP corridor. What will they do for hotels and such? My guess is this isn't happening for a few years so they can get the infrastructure set up first. Which may mean cities like Denver and Seattle may actually beat us to the punch. Years ago some investors had planned Albuquerque International Raceway (AIR) but they were not able to generate enough interest and it is now call Las Vegas Speedway, huge loss to ABQ.
If i'm not mistaken there's a track south of Colorado Springs.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:17 PM

There is, it's called Pikes Peak International Raceway, no NASCAR though just Indy. They are supposedly building a track outside Boise called War Eagle Speedway and Portland, and Seattle are trying too. There is plenty of competition, and I'm not sure T or C can handle with so few hotels. I'll keep my fingers crossed though as a development like this would be great for the entire region!

Old 06-06-2007, 01:40 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Alot of people look at towns and think 'god thatd never work there' but you really need to look at it logically. Shops (and other business) do not come into small towns because of population, its probably second or third on the list. 1) Major higways + Accesibility + Traffic County have a bigger part to play. Dosent atter if the town has a population of 2000 or 20000. When people see business coming to Clayton they wonder why on earth would it go there, the proposed Racino that we didnt want was a big factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico