Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:51 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness they haven't figured out how to make fake IDs there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,250 times
There's around 4 or 5 bars in Clovis if not more. The place is growing and younger people from less conservative places are moving in so there will probably be a few more places open. Amarillo and Lubbock are both less than 2 hours away so you can also find some better places there on a weekend.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:39 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,422,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
Why would a Spanish speaker be insulted if you tried to speak Spanish with them? I would think they would be grateful...I have heard others say this and it has always puzzled me..Could someone actually be that "thin skinned)?
I'm a retired Spanish teacher who moved here 6 years ago. During my first few months here, I spoke Spanish to all kinds of brown-skinned people in order to befriend them and ended up offending lots of folks who were Indians.

Culture and cultural pride are very important out here.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:00 AM

18 posts, read 25,645 times
I'm originally from NM was born and raised in the Albuquerque area, in Bosque Farms. I moved to WA state for the passed 9 years. I'm looking to move back. I'm 26 now almost 27. I'm thinking of moving to T or C I remember going there a lot as a kid. What would it be like for a person my age to live there? I love small towns, and I know Las Cruces is a lil over an hour away so wont be too bad, just would like some others opinions on it.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM

83 posts, read 180,328 times
I have a 19 year olg attending college, she's looking into joining NMU. I also have a 15 year old, almost 16 who's gotten into some trouble with friends around our neighborhood. I have a great job but I am sick and tired of Las Vegas, I hate this city!! I want to move back to El Paso but I am afraid of the border and my son taking that route. I am deciding between Anthony or Las Cruces and someone today mentioned Chaparral. I read the comment above and if it has a big amount of drug users, I want nothing to do with it.

Suggestions please? I am also looking for a place that will have activities for my son, he's into boxing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico