Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM

13 posts, read 36,500 times

Advertisements

Can I get a name or company? The rest of my squadron mates need to hear about this so they can avoid accidentally giving him business.

To be honest, just by him being associated with the shifty 50 I would've kicked him out of my house. So good on you for hanging in there for a few more minutes to hear just what kind of a deceitful retard this guy really is.

Ironic that he lies about something and turns right around and thumps the bible.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
I was just watching the Kendra show on E! and she said that Clovis took down Hank Baskett's (who is from Clovis) billboard when they found out he was dating a Playboy model, must be the Shifty 50.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
PRUDES RULE! thanks for letting the world know there are a vigilant group of upstanding citizens minding everyone else's morals. Clovis must be a fine place for a prude. I would love to see the results of some research into what the shifty 50 do for entertainment to and with each other. Generally the more overtly publically moral the greater the private depravity.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM

312 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
they have been talking about getting a Olive Garden for about 5 years now, and I have told people many times on this forum that people in Clovis/Portales are stuck in their own ways.

It almost sounds like you are condoning his/their beliefs.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM

312 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurlburtLove View Post
Can I get a name or company? The rest of my squadron mates need to hear about this so they can avoid accidentally giving him business.

To be honest, just by him being associated with the shifty 50 I would've kicked him out of my house. So good on you for hanging in there for a few more minutes to hear just what kind of a deceitful retard this guy really is.

Ironic that he lies about something and turns right around and thumps the bible.

Sure! I will look around for his Card and then send you a PM.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:54 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,079 times
Everyone i know in Portales/Clovis WANTS Target and Olive Garden, among MANY others. The leaders just would rather not bring in competition that would compete with THEM. The mayor owns the local bank and realty company… Corruption out the whazoo. People are just working hard to make it and improve the communities, yet the leaders seem to stand in the way of anything great or progressive. Sad, really…

Old 06-10-2010, 05:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Local aristocracies are hard to live with or break. Some town resident should try and get the State Justice system to investigate or maybe the Feds under the Organized Crime statutes. Maybe the base commander could complain to the Justice Department that the S-50 are ripping off the soldiers and airman.

If nothing else it would annoy the Gang of 50.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,629,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Everyone i know in Portales/Clovis WANTS Target and Olive Garden, among MANY others. The leaders just would rather not bring in competition that would compete with THEM. The mayor owns the local bank and realty company… Corruption out the whazoo. People are just working hard to make it and improve the communities, yet the leaders seem to stand in the way of anything great or progressive. Sad, really…
That is only if you consider Target and Olive Garden as progress.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 36,500 times
Anything other than another substandard and overpriced mom & pop store would be considered progress. I'm all for supporting the little guy but if your product sucks, it sucks; get over it. Now, like I said in another thread, one mom & pop shop I'd support is clovis cleaners--exceptional work on some pretty gnarly requests I had for my uniforms.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurlburtLove View Post
Anything other than another substandard and overpriced mom & pop store would be considered progress. I'm all for supporting the little guy but if your product sucks, it sucks; get over it. Now, like I said in another thread, one mom & pop shop I'd support is clovis cleaners--exceptional work on some pretty gnarly requests I had for my uniforms.

you should be happy to still have mom and pop shops around, here in the San Antonio/Austin area and inbetween, it seems there is a Lowes, Chilis,McDonalds,Target,Best Buy and every other big box store and fast food chain you could think of everywhere you go, its actually pretty sad that this is what America is now, be thankful that the town still has its character and hasnt become anytown USA, if you want big city amenities you can go anywhere in this country and find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico