Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 AM

268 posts, read 741,856 times

Advertisements

Yup, the terror from the desert musta got him.

To see it now is to be a little worried, as storm after storm lines up to take a swing
from the coast of Africa. Funny how one after the other they seem to swing up onto
the eastern seaboard. Not sure how these few depressions and waves will work out,
but it looks like a touch and go month ahead. But I think Tygress will breeze in and
out with no trouble. At least that's what I am hoping for. We'll see. This has been going
on for so long, I am really on the edge of my seat to hear what she does, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM

34 posts, read 116,974 times
Default Back From NOLA!!!

Hey everyone!!

I'm back from my vacation (actually returned last Sunday...just now getting on here to tell all about it). We had a fantastic time!!!

We did take a red-eye as planned and arrived in NOLA around 9:30 in the morning on a Thursday. Luckily the hotel we were staying at let us check in right away. We dropped our bags and hit the Quarter. First stop: Cafe du Monde. We decided immediately that happiness = a warm beignet. LOL

We wandered around for awhile, ate lunch (I am in love with corn & crab bisque, which seems to be in every restaurant down there). Ended up back at the hotel for a much-needed nap. We ate dinner at Bacco (OMG....lobster and shrimp ravioli in a champagne butter sauce....to DIE for).

We did a cemetery tour of St. Louis No. 1....that was a GREAT time. I expected to just learn about the cemetery, but we had a GREAT tour guide that told us a lot of the history of the city as well. He was a local, born and raised, and you could tell he really loved the city. His enthusiasm made for a great time. We also took the streetcar down to Magazine Street...but I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. It was OK (Magazine St)...the streetcar was fun though.

During our stay we also did a tour of the Garden District, and I've decided if I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a home there and moving~! LOL

We did hit the ferry across the river, which was a nice reprieve from the sticky hot weather...but honestly, it wasn't bad. It was a little humid, and the evenings were perfect. During the day I think it was only about 85 + humidity...easily manageable. We got lucky I think with the perfect weather, really.

Oh...and the po'boys at Mothers were amazing as well.

Wanted to thank everyone for all of the suggestions of places to eat and things to do and see. It really did feel like we had a leg up on everyone else that was there, like we had been there for years.

The Coffee Pot Restaurant, by the way, on St. Peter next to Preservation Hall and Pat O'Brian's I think had the best, most authentic Southern breakfast. Cala Cakes and Grits. YUMMY~!!

And speaking of Pat O'Brian's...what fun that was. HUGE hurricane drinks for $8 each, and fairly strong. I think I got completely wasted on $16 one of the nights we were there. LOL And we loved Preservation Hall...I'm wearng my shirt as we speak...great music and a wonderful atmosphere. One of the highlights of our trip.

We did not get a chance to get uptown or to Carrollton / Audobon, etc. Hopefully next trip. We only had 4 days in town...but we plan to come back. We were both so bummed and sad when it was time to leave.

What a wonderful city~

Old 09-11-2010, 03:17 PM

310 posts, read 852,531 times
Awesome! You hit the right spot of better weather. Temps went back up right after you left! It's a "wonderful" heat index of 104 right now and it wasn't any better yesterday. Lucky you! Very glad you enjoyed your trip.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 AM

13,382 posts, read 28,646,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook77 View Post
Awesome! You hit the right spot of better weather. Temps went back up right after you left! It's a "wonderful" heat index of 104 right now and it wasn't any better yesterday. Lucky you! Very glad you enjoyed your trip.
Oh Lawd...I hope that drops down some by the end of the month when I'm due to fly into NOLA

Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM

310 posts, read 852,531 times
Hopefully, it'll only go down from here. It was a very pleasant morning today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans