U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 AM

94 posts, read 96,221 times

Advertisements

I also noticed alot of people smoking outside of schools in Paris recently, even high schools kids. What a bunch of hicks!!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:52 AM

1,046 posts, read 680,545 times
The O.P. has not posted at all in nearly two years since he/she created this thread.

I would let it die.....I am not even sure if they OP was serious. Might have all been a farce. Just looking to stir the pot.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 1,751 times
Default Lame

Get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberRays View Post
I've been here two weeks and I am constantly shaking my head and trying NOT to compare this backwoods place to California.

The latest today. TEACHERS standing outside of the school smoking. That would never happen in California and my friend assured me of the same in Texas. When I asked the office personnel if staff can smoke she informed me yes but not in the building...outside the building is ok. When I told her you can still SMELL the smoke in the air since they're doing it in front of the school she just gave me a look.

The streets are atrocious still post Katrina - get ready to get some tires.

The demographics have changed so get ready to need more IMMUNIZATIONS for your children due to the immigrant influx.

I KNOW I cannot compare this place to California by any stretch of the imagination but I would strongly URGE anyone considering a move here to SERIOUSLY think it over. I am only here temporarily (God say the same) - a month at most then I'm OUT of here.

I was BORN and RAISED here until 21 so I know what this city used to be like. You would have to be mentally depraved to CHOOSE to live here and educate your kids in this hell hole. Sorry, I'll always have love for the city but this place is through.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 PM

16,488 posts, read 31,306,510 times
This thread has run its course.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans