U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:09 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,328,179 times
Default love ya baby

Don't know where to put this because we have been in a zombi state seine last week.

Our son Ian was operated on last Monday and they couldn't complete the operation because he was under for over six hours so they rescheduled his completion this week, today.

Me as a farther would trade places with him in a second because I know that all of the operations that he's been through are tuff for any child, much less an adult.

LOVE YA IAN, LOVE DAD

my heart is hurting so bad, I love you so much and wish I could take your pain away, love ya baby.

love ya dad
busta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 04:22 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,722,745 times
Busta, I've been seeing your posts for years, so I know how much you love this city, but I also know that can't compare to your love for your son. Here's hoping for a successful surgery/ swift recovery.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Busta, I've been seeing your posts for years, so I know how much you love this city, but I also know that can't compare to your love for your son. Here's hoping for a successful surgery/ swift recovery.
Thank you. I can build this city with my bare hands and I cant fix my son. As a dad I feel like a failure and I am crying in my hands because I feel like I let my son down.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM

10,435 posts, read 7,598,158 times
Your son is lucky to have a father that cares. We are not all that lucky.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

3,562 posts, read 2,674,801 times
My thoughts are with your child and with you. Your young man is already blessed to have a father who cares so much about him in this era where fathers seem to be such a non-existant part of most childrens lives. May your child be blanketed with excellent care and a quick recovery following his path.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 PM

4,236 posts, read 5,450,265 times
Best wishes Busta, My thoughts with you all.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 PM

15,930 posts, read 27,802,651 times
This really belongs in Parenting but I am leaving it here b/c "here" is where we know you. So sorry to hear this Busta and will be saying a prayer for you both, him to heal and you to find comfort.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM

152 posts, read 278,131 times
Oh man I hope it all goes well. I understand what's its like to deal with major medical issues/illnesses in the family, it can be so frustrating to feel so helpless. What's worse is to see it so young.

Let us know how it goes. I'm sure you guys are in all our thoughts this week.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,722,745 times
Keep us posted and hang in there.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 PM

Thanks guys, it really means a lot that you guys care and thanks for the prayers and best wishes.

Its so hard because Ian has been through so many operations throughout his life that I hate to see him suffer.

Last week was real bad because Ian was in pain for over five days after the operation. This week was not so bad.

My wife called me at work this morning telling me that Ian woke up around 9am and wanted to eat and he told her that he was no longer in pain. Last week he didn't eat hardly at all and was in so much pain.

Ian also told my wife that he remembered everything from this weeks operation. From the time they put him under to the time I carried him out of the wheelchair and put him in the car to go home. I don't know how he could because he was knocked out but I don't doubt him because he described everything that went on. He even told my wife that he loves his doctor and could she come over and visit so he can tell her that, lol.

Anyway it looks like he's doing much better than last week and is finally not in pain like he was for the past few years.

I guess what gets me is that he's artistic and has had some many operations in his short life that this one put me over the top. But now that I see he's doing much better I can get a little relief.

I need to be more like my wife, she's stronger then I am. We as a family have been through so much that I don't know where she gets it but I depend on her support to get me through.

Again thank you all for your kind post. I was just needed to let it out because I hurt so much as a dad and couldn't do a thing to help my son.

busta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans