Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,340,751 times

Advertisements

Baie Rouge on Magazine near Marengo. Go there now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,947,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
Baie Rouge on Magazine near Marengo. Go there now!
Well, I went, mainly because I respect my elders.

I try to be objective when I review things, and not to indulge in superlatives- like Joe Theismann, I think the word "genius" should only be applied to people like Norman Einstein.

I got the Pig Dip- a pork debris sandwich served on a sweet French bread with caramelized onions and au jus.

Wow. This was the first time in quite a while that a meal surprised and excited me- I'm usually content to be just satisfied, but this was truly exceptional. The flavor was overwhelming and I spent the whole drive home trying to find something wrong with it, to no avail, and at the expense of paying attention to the surrounding traffic.

Will be going back. Possibly for tonight's dinner

5/5

Last edited by Neworleansisprettygood; 05-06-2013 at 12:14 PM..

Old 06-12-2013, 09:34 AM

154 posts, read 291,234 times
Jacque-Imos on Oak St is excellent. The Alligator Cheesecake is impressive. It's actually an appetizer, not a dessert! One of my local friends mentioned Jacque-Imos is known for its fried chicken, calling it the 2nd best in the city.
The restaurant is open for dinner only, from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, approximately. Yelp reviews have some good ordering advice for this restaurant.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,636 times
Jacques-Imo's is my favourite NOLA restaurant. The last time I was there, oddly enough, I had the two dishes Sunnny mentioned - Alligator Cheesecake and Fried Chicken. Divine!! I have also had the Mushroom Stuffed Salmon, Chicken Pontalba, and Stuffed Pork Chop. (They really like stuffing things there.)

Old 06-17-2013, 08:07 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times
Can anyone tell me about a place named "The Joint"? It is supposed to have really great BBQ. Opinions and location would be appreciated.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
Can anyone tell me about a place named "The Joint"? It is supposed to have really great BBQ. Opinions and location would be appreciated.
My sister called me a few months ago, to ask me where the best barbecue in New Orleans could be found. Without hesitation, I answered "the joint". They've moved from their original location, and I haven't been to the new one yet, but the Zagat rating gives them 27 out of 30. They are now at 701 Mazant in Bywater.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 07-18-2013, 10:58 AM

Just had Five Guys. I know it's a chain, but it's Zagat rated, so I'm going to go ahead and include it here.

I was going to order the Little Hamburger because I heard that would be enough for one, but when she told me the regular came with a double patty I went ahead and ordered that. I tried to make it my own version of Whataburger's A1 Burger but somehow forgot the bacon.

The meat was good. Tasted like something you could grill at home, instead of frozen pre-packaged stuff. But even with the two patties I still didn't feel like it was all that much food. I've felt a lot more full after eating singles elsewhere.

The bun was nothing special. Really didn't taste any different from something you could buy at the supermarket.

I'm going to go ahead an give it a 3/5, but I will be going back, just because the meat was so well cooked. If I can figure out how to top it correctly I might bump up the rating.

Also want to give a shout out to Lemonade Parade on Carrollton, in the same house that Manuel's used Pre-K. They have tamales, smoothies, Nathan's Hot Dogs, snowballs, fresh-baked cookies, etc.... I would recommend it to anyone who's never had New Orleans style hot tamales. Also, if you order a hot dog, then a snowball counts as a drink which means a free pack of chips.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:47 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
3 words...Port of Call

Thank me later

Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVtoATL View Post
3 words...Port of Call

Thank me later
Lakeview Harbor on Harrison serves the same burger, and you can actually park there.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Lakeview Harbor on Harrison serves the same burger, and you can actually park there.
You have no idea how long my wife and I have sworn by Port of Call. I just looked at Lakeview Harbor's website and you're absolutely right! Its the SAME burger and baked potato with a hellava lot more on the menu. We'll be headed there in a few weeks. Thanks, mon frer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans