Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:21 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHurry View Post
We are planning a trip through Florida (prob along the Gulf Coast) up to NO in late November this year, taking in a few destinations along the way

Can anyone give me an idea of what the weather will be like at this time of year and any places worth visiting on this two week trip? We'll probably spend around 5 days in NO.
November is usually in the low 70's in the day and 50's at night early on in the month but gets highly variable later on in the month, with lows from 30 to 60 and highs from 40 to 80. It's a crap shoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy920 View Post
We will be first time visitors this October. We are planning on spending a day or two in the French Quarter, taking a swamp tour, touring Oak Alley, and a steamboat cruise, we will also do the horse and carriage ride, and tour the Garden District, we are currently booked at the Country Inn and Suites on Magazine Street, which includes a hot buffet breakfast every morning.
Weather should be nice in October, mid 70's to low 80's for highs, mid 50's to mid 60's for lows.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:05 AM

14 posts, read 27,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
November is usually in the low 70's in the day and 50's at night early on in the month but gets highly variable later on in the month, with lows from 30 to 60 and highs from 40 to 80. It's a crap shoot.
OK thanks for that. Doesn't need to be warm n sunny but I'd prefer that it wasn't too wet.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHurry View Post
OK thanks for that. Doesn't need to be warm n sunny but I'd prefer that it wasn't too wet.
Well, unfortunately wet is usually in the picture too more often than not...

Old 05-30-2014, 02:59 AM

14 posts, read 27,908 times
I shall make sure I pack my raincoat!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,088 times
Just as someone who was a tourist in New Orleans last summer (holy humidity), I wanted to put in a plug for the WWII Museum. I thought it was a very, very well done museum with a lot of personal stories to hear and very interactive exhibits. We spent almost 4 hours there one morning. Well worth a visit. I had a wonderful 4 days in New Orleans. We took a very nice tour one morning, did a lot of walking around the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Spent time at the French Market. Ate alot, drank a bit, and very much enjoyed visiting.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
Just as someone who was a tourist in New Orleans last summer (holy humidity), I wanted to put in a plug for the WWII Museum. I thought it was a very, very well done museum with a lot of personal stories to hear and very interactive exhibits. We spent almost 4 hours there one morning. Well worth a visit. I had a wonderful 4 days in New Orleans. We took a very nice tour one morning, did a lot of walking around the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Spent time at the French Market. Ate alot, drank a bit, and very much enjoyed visiting.
Happy to hear!
I really want to make it back to the WWII museum, haven't been in about 10 years I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans