Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 01:14 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,984,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I have checked Mr privilege. It was a humbling experience. Everything you said has little to do with privilege.

We all need to learn

You don't have the privilege of being born into a state with world famous food? Sucks because I do.

You don't "get" privileges. You are born into them. No one is born with welfare checks.
So why aren't you mad at the system that doesn't allow everyone to her help when they need it as opppsed to being mad are people who did?

Actually my company is relying on your taxes to pay for a $5b investment in automation if this tax cut makes it through Congress. But screw the poor folks.
Tell me, then. I was born white in Mississippi. Into what privilege was I born? Be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 02:52 PM

1,665 posts, read 974,128 times
Quote:

You don't have the privilege of being born into a state with world famous food? Sucks because I do.

You don't "get" privileges. You are born into them. No one is born with welfare checks.
So why aren't you mad at the system that doesn't allow everyone to her help when they need it as opppsed to being mad are people who did?

Actually my company is relying on your taxes to pay for a $5b investment in automation if this tax cut makes it through Congress. But screw the poor folks.

Oh my. Unfortunately I was born in this state. You obviously have no clue. Maybe you need to go back to school reading and comprehension because you TOTALLY do not get what I've wrote. Or.. you're just to blind to see the facts that I've stated. Typical liberal.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:57 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,984,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
Oh my. Unfortunately I was born in this state. You obviously have no clue. Maybe you need to go back to school reading and comprehension because you TOTALLY do not get what I've wrote. Or.. you're just to blind to see the facts that I've stated. Typical liberal.
annie creates his viewpoint from the way he WANTS it to be, then gives that viewpoint every benefit of the doubt possible. Yet, he gives no benefit to any other POV. When you do this, you can always create a situation where you can explain an outcome, no matter how horrible. It helps him sleep at night, in others, while he whistles past the graveyard.

Facts never mattered to the left. It's more about what FEELS good.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
annie creates his viewpoint from the way he WANTS it to be, then gives that viewpoint every benefit of the doubt possible. Yet, he gives no benefit to any other POV. When you do this, you can always create a situation where you can explain an outcome, no matter how horrible. It helps him sleep at night, in others, while he whistles past the graveyard.

From several posts that I've read, I highly agree. From here on out, it's no use arguing with someone like that. A true narcissist.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,243,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Why would they even let this trash out on early parole. Makes me sick, and the NFL or anyone else has the right to protest anythang they want in this country, but know this, you protest the men in blue you will lose all support for you're organization from me. Hoping these spoiled overpaid supposed superstars can figure it out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BPjIMr00wj7Zsp Check out the link to see a REAL SUPERSTAR HERO thank you MARCUS MCNEIL for you're service, you are a true hero, doing a thankless job for not much money. A true civil servant and all the NOPD has my support, know many NOPD police officers, talk about a rough job, any punk runnin around in tights and a jock strap thanks thanks he's gona get my support by disrespecting law enforcement officers is making a grave miscalculation. Just one lil working man that can quickly lose all NFL support and support of any company that supports them in a split second, just like the split second it took this punk to ambush and kill OFFICER MCNEIL, any player that knells should be fined 100,000 dollars and fine should be sent to MCNEILS 2 and 5 year old children.
what about the men in blue who have murdered?? dont get on a fuc$$ng soap box and start campaigning for all cops, which includes bad cops. You wanna run off at the mouth about people getting murdered? Wwhat about NOPD that were killing our friends when I was growing up? And only a couple got caught. Weldon Williams.....but I guess since he was a cop he has your support too huh?

Old 11-01-2017, 06:10 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
Quote:
There are no "other ones". If people would put their guns or other weapons down or stop their vehicles instead of crashing them in police and/or their vehicles, there shouldn't be a problem. But I forgot, they dindu nuffin wrong.
Are you stupid or just obtuse??

Old 11-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Are you stupid or just obtuse??
Nope. Just call it as it is. As I've said it before, if those idiots would have LISTENED and COMPLIED with the officers, they would most probably still be alive. But no. It's as if they had something to prove.

Now, are YOU stupid or obtuse?

Reason why I ask is, well, major points has been stated my others, including myself, as to why some people are shot by police. But yet, some can't stand the facts. Especially when the facts are against their beliefs.

ANYONE killed being public or police is unacceptable. Unfortunately it happens. And at times, the death could have been avoidable.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 PM

370 posts, read 446,694 times
Quote:
In this statement, your argument is with technology not social injustice.

Care to discuss why you continue to work for a company that oppresses the rest of us?

Why not quit and start a protest movement against modern technology?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Tell me, then. I was born white in Mississippi. Into what privilege was I born? Be specific.
Being white is a privilege just like being male is. I don't have to walk around worrying about being raped as much as a woman. That's an unearned advantage we have as men.
You don't have to worry about being pulled over because the color of your skin. That's a privilege. I'm trying to keep it simple.
One objective truth is that you are in the majority. That is an advantage that you will disagree with. Racial statistics show that white people are born into more wealth, better neighborhoods, more 2 parent homes, etc.
And yes, black people have them too, but they do not benefit us the way they do white people (homestead act, Jim Crow, GIBill exclusion, redlining, etc).
Quote:

We all have varying perspectives. I actually do understand why you feel like white privilege doesn't exist. You didn't get handed anything, you were dirt poor, maybe your grandparents were poor Sicilian immigrants who got off with only the clothes on their backs, maybe you went to prison, maybe you got your ass whooped by cops, maybe you grew up in the hood, etc. I truly understand why you may think that white privilege isn't true or doesn't apply to you.
Would this be a fair assessment of your opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
In this statement, your argument is with technology not social injustice.

Care to discuss why you continue to work for a company that oppresses the rest of us?

Why not quit and start a protest movement against modern technology?

Actually my point was that you or whoever wrote that they had to go to work to provide welfare meanwhile the Waltons will receive a $90 billion dollar tax cut that we will have to fill.

Because I have bills and there's not many other jobs that pay over $20/hr without going into the plants.

I'm not an activist. I am quitting and going back to college actually.
Edit: why would I protest technology and not corporate welfare? I know you're bring sarcastic but seeing as I'm the next coming of Carl Marx, I would have thought you'd lean more towards suggesting a Russian revolution style approach rather than Mormon. Would have been funny too.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Nope. Just call it as it is. As I've said it before, if those idiots would have LISTENED and COMPLIED with the officers, they would most probably still be alive. But no. It's as if they had something to prove.

Now, are YOU stupid or obtuse?

Reason why I ask is, well, major points has been stated my others, including myself, as to why some people are shot by police. But yet, some can't stand the facts. Especially when the facts are against their beliefs.

ANYONE killed being public or police is unacceptable. Unfortunately it happens. And at times, the death could have been avoidable.
I quoted a friend who was murdered by an NOPD officer. Which disputes your false narrative that all people killed by cops, even the ones over the last few years which have brought more attention to the issue being that they were caught on camera, was justified. Even to the extreme of your red herring, which is non-compliance does not call for shooting un-armed people who pose no threat. Thats why they carry batons and tasers. So once again, are you stupid OR obtuse? Do you know the definition of those words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans