Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 PM

73,011 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Not all white people in New Orleans are racist. I can agree on that. With that said, there are white people in New Orleans who do have hateful views about blacks. In fact, in Algiers Point, there was alot of "vigilante violence" against blacks. I found an article on it. I actually didn't even know this had happened until I read "Between Barack and a Hard Place" by Tim Wise.
Katrina's Hidden Race War
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Let us be blunt about this, the white people of the New Orleans area dont give a ---- about the black people in New Orleans, they consider them to be ------- and far less than human and far less than animals. Before people start ripping me and wanting to dock me points, this is NOT my opinion of the black people that live in the area, it is the typical attitude of the racist whites that permeate that area. I wish it wasnt true, but that is the way a LOT of them feel.
They don't hate BLACK PEOPLE IN GENERAL...THEY HATE ALL THE DAMN THUGS, AS DO I.

I don't care what they think anymore. If you wear your pants around your knees and you carry guns and shoot at people and tell lound nasty jokes about white people and ruin your neighborhood and you refuse to go to school or do anything beneficial with yourself and generally cause havoc...I (and millions of others) HATE YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO SO MANY CITIES IN THIS COUNTRY. If anybody reading (unlikely, on account of most can't read) fits the description above, you are less than human by your own devices, and you don't deserve the life you have been given.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,234 times
Agreed MetroBTR.

As for the above poster...you are in far flung metro Atlanta? Why doesn't the outer suburbs want Marta, fear of blacks...

I'm not saying its a correct view...I think its short sighted and bigoted but fair is fair...

Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Agreed MetroBTR.

As for the above poster...you are in far flung metro Atlanta? Why doesn't the outer suburbs want Marta, fear of blacks...

I'm not saying its a correct view...I think its short sighted and bigoted but fair is fair...
I am gravely aware that many in the suburbs of metro Atlanta do not want MARTA rail extended to the 'burbs(mainly Cobb County). Some people claim it is because crime would go up. I don't buy that from personal experience. I was mugged in Kennesaw(not Atlanta, but Kennesaw) inside of an apartment complex and the criminals got away in a car, not a bus or the rail, but a car. Personally, my own view is that many residents have that fear that blacks from the inner areas of metro Atlanta would get up into Kennesaw, Alpharetta,etc. I think about it like this. I am the one who is suffering from MARTA not being in the suburbs. I am there because my university is in Kennesaw. After I graduate I am moving inside of a major city rather than the suburbs because I can't really deal with some of the crap for much longer. Basically, the fear of the "thugs" getting into parts of Cobb County is part of why MARTA has been fiercely resisted. Crime has risen in Cobb County already without MARTA being there. As for fair is fair, I don't think it is fair. It is bigoted thinking, but some people would never admit this. Why was I making a post about New Orleans, I was born there believe it or not. I have family in the greater New Orleans area. I have a relative living in a FEMA trailer in southern Louisiana. I am upset about some of the things going on in New Orleans. Katrina opened my eyes to much of the crap that was going on. I knew there was poverty and violence in New Orleans, but I never knew it was that bad until after Katrina. I was hearing reports about looting. What I never heard about was the "vigilante" killings in Algiers Point. I mentioned that because some people have mentioned race relations. There were people who flat out admitted that they would kill blacks entering Algiers Point and made no apologies for it. Disturbing, and yet, New Orleans has gained a reputation for violence. What it tells me is that no one is immuned to being violent.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
They don't hate BLACK PEOPLE IN GENERAL...THEY HATE ALL THE DAMN THUGS, AS DO I.

I don't care what they think anymore. If you wear your pants around your knees and you carry guns and shoot at people and tell lound nasty jokes about white people and ruin your neighborhood and you refuse to go to school or do anything beneficial with yourself and generally cause havoc...I (and millions of others) HATE YOU AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO SO MANY CITIES IN THIS COUNTRY. If anybody reading (unlikely, on account of most can't read) fits the description above, you are less than human by your own devices, and you don't deserve the life you have been given.
I can only agree to an extent. There are whites in this city who hate blacks in general, just as there are blacks who hate whites in general. I have encountered a fair share of both.

About those not being beneficial with themselves.. It angers me to see people not being productive to society, but some (not all) of this just goes back to the same systematic cycle that we all share a bit of accountability for that has existed for years, but I really don't want to get into that right now.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
I live in Lake Charles, and seldomly go to New Orleans, but I can that there is nothing going on in New Orleans, that is not going on in Houston. When ppl go to houston, they usually go to the fu fu areas, but Houston has got some terrible neighborhoods.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 5,858 times
Don't be to sad..There will be another murder tonight and the next and the next..and most of them will be by a teenager that was not taught that life is priceless..It's been that way for my 40yrs living here..Sad to say I don't believe it will ever change.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM

I watched an episode of Gangland on The History Channel. It was done on the Gotti Boys in New Orleans. From what I heard from the show, Napoleonic law had something to do with the crime. What was said was that some of the gang members would go to prison and if they weren't indicted within 60 days, they were set free.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM

18 posts, read 13,552 times
^^^Yeah, that's somewhat like the problem happening in Milwaukee and Country Club Hills,IL. Both cities are seeing a rise in crime.

Last edited by Squeege14; 08-05-2010 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: none of your damn business *****!!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,957 times
This is the history of New Orleans since the first day someone decided to build a city in the middle of a swamp, by a bunch of gamblers pirates and horse thieves, surely you don't expect to change it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans