Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 AM

12 posts, read 76,093 times

Advertisements

I'm going to say this, in response to some other post here, God did not destroy New Orleans, God is not responsable for the condition New Orleans is in currently; however God allows things to happen when nations or cities continue to reject His word and his salvation such as New Orleans has constantly done for many, many, many decades and even further back. Finally God says I had enough, and He will allow evil to take over a city/nation and that is His judgement. You have to be a blind fool to not beable to look and see that New Orleans has brought judgement on itself, the church/people of God should be out preaching the word of God because that is the only thing thats going to save the city. New Orleans has a God problem, as well as a lot of those young black male thugs out there doing all the killing. I know exactly what their problem is because for many years perhaps close to twenty I was out in those streets of New Orleans, and I personally talked with those missguided men, and I told them what their problem was, all of them agreed with me. One man cant do it all, you have to know how to approach them and you have to be empowered by the Lord to reach out to them, otherwise you will be fearful and possably get hurt. Dont worry New Orleans is a small example of where America is heading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
I'm going to say this, in response to some other post here, God did not destroy New Orleans, God is not responsable for the condition New Orleans is in currently; however God allows things to happen when nations or cities continue to reject His word and his salvation such as New Orleans has constantly done for many, many, many decades and even further back. Finally God says I had enough, and He will allow evil to take over a city/nation and that is His judgement. You have to be a blind fool to not beable to look and see that New Orleans has brought judgement on itself, the church/people of God should be out preaching the word of God because that is the only thing thats going to save the city. New Orleans has a God problem, as well as a lot of those young black male thugs out there doing all the killing. I know exactly what their problem is because for many years perhaps close to twenty I was out in those streets of New Orleans, and I personally talked with those missguided men, and I told them what their problem was, all of them agreed with me. One man cant do it all, you have to know how to approach them and you have to be empowered by the Lord to reach out to them, otherwise you will be fearful and possably get hurt. Dont worry New Orleans is a small example of where America is heading.
I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing, but...

People drink, gamble, steal, kill, etc. everywhere
Sin is sin right?, so why does NOLA bring on more judgement than the next?
No degree of sin can be worse or more than the other, so I thought.
Whatever plan God has for this city no doubt is his will, but is done in New Orleans that isn't done in any other city?

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 01-27-2009 at 08:49 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Default a new atlantis is being created

its a lost cause that city is sinking and those leveys are to its just a matter of time befor all u guys will be living on house boats so unless u all have sea legs and know how to swim u better get to some higher ground soon the next big hurricane is going to swamp the entire city of new orleans that last hurricane allmost toped the leveys and it was only a two stome on the saffir simpsom scale the next swamping will shourly do the city in for good

Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 AM

6 posts, read 12,895 times
New Orleans will never cease to exist, can everyone say that all together at once. Levees may break again and again and again, murders will persist again and again and again, people will leave the city and people will come, politicians will be in office and they will leave office, the tides will rise and they will fall over and over again, you may feel god is punishing new orleans, you may feel new orleans is in gods graces, in the end the only guarantee we all have is that the fate of our lives lie in our hands, the places we inhabit will be only as beautiful and peaceful or destructive and violent as we allow them to become. New Orleans like other cities will have to hit it's bottom hard enough every citizen demands more. Anyone remember what Manhattan was like thirty forty years ago. Now its one of the safest large cities in the country. I don't think the people of this city are going to let this place go under for good. The current that will wash out what evil plagues the streets will not come from any storm it will come from the citizens who take back what is thier's.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:22 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
its a lost cause that city is sinking and those leveys are to its just a matter of time befor all u guys will be living on house boats so unless u all have sea legs and know how to swim u better get to some higher ground soon the next big hurricane is going to swamp the entire city of new orleans that last hurricane allmost toped the leveys and it was only a two stome on the saffir simpsom scale the next swamping will shourly do the city in for good
Actually it has been scientifically proven that most of the city has stopped sinking. Also...do some research on the city/vulnerability/future projects. The main portion of the city's biggest weakness right now is the industrial canal. The Mississippi River Gulf Outlet (MRGO for short) is a seldom used shortcut to the gulf. This canal "funnels" a ton of water into the industrial canal, causing most of the problems. MRGO is going to be plugged up, which will take alot of water out of the equation when future storms threaten the area.

If you want proof that a surge prone area that is below sea level can exist and thrive...just look at the Netherlands.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,673 times
Default Misery loves company

Hey y'all

i lived and worked in new orleans 30 years ago............and i still miss the place; probably untill the day i die.
Born and raised in holland
now living in australia since 15 years

there is no place or people like new orleans. With all the flaws; the losses and hardship. And yes even the murderers.

I still "stand up" for the city and it's people; and wish i could visit more often

but crime is everywhere in the world; it only gets scary when it happens "next door"
it's a respectfull and humane reaction to defend your home and city though

i know most true new orleanians would only leave the city "in a box"; and no matter where they originally come from; they will love and fight for the city untill the end

well; good for "all y'all"!!!!!!!!!
I think the city and it's beautifull surroundings deserves it; and will come back bigger and better

good luck to you all

Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 PM

65 posts, read 381,245 times
Storms come and go-we take a beating and we build again-although I don't live in NO- I would hate to think what the area (all of south La.) would be without it. The culture, the food, the music, the people-there are lots of things to be proud of but there is the dark side. I hope there is a leader in the future that can make the whole city a good place to live. On the other hand, I may just be an naive old cajun who knows nothing at all. I would have thought that folks would have grown tired of the murders years ago but that didn't happen.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Yes, and the sun will burn out eventually as well, and that will be the end of us. You need to stick to topics you know something about, and you might want to consider proofreading your posts.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miserylovesco. View Post
Here's the million dollar question then, why did it go back if things had gotten better?
I don't know why the murder rate is back up again. I understand that there is a smaller customer base for the drug gangs and that there are a lot of unsupervised kids who have parents/grandparents in Houston that are letting them run amuck.

I will say that compared to the mid 1990's things are a lot better. Back then there were NOPD cops on the take for contract killings for the drug dealers, dealing drugs, etc. A new chief full of reform came in and cleaned things up. My philosophy is keep voting em out until you get one who is capable of doing the job. Shorter terms, so that people are not stuck with an idiot for four years, would be ideal in the current situation.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 AM

26 posts, read 57,412 times
I have been going to NOLA for years. Just before or just after Mardi Gras. This was the slowest I have ever seen Bourbon St. I wondered why the cops were going down every street constantly. Since I have been going to NOLA [1999] I have always been told that if you stay from Bourbon to the Mississippi you are fine at any hour. If I was told correctly this woman was shot on Gov. Nicholas St. in this area of the quarter. I took my Brother and his wife through Saint Louis No 1. Which is on the edge of the 1/4 and the projects and is a bit secluded. I had my hand on my 380 automatic with finger on the trigger that was in my pocket and was on the look out for anything unusual. I did see two black men in hoods walking several row's away so we worked our way out to the front looking around corners carefully. I know there is a police station just across the st. but I also did not see any tours in the cemetery. I quickly showed them the Italian mausoleum where easy rider was shot, and the man who brought craps to the US, and Marie Laveau's tomb. Then back out. Then we went to Lafayette No 1 where it is relatively safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans