U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,685 times
Default Question Regarding to New Orleans resident!!

Hi there,
my name is philly, I reasonly heard that people who own property in Chalmette is required to rebuild their home, if not the City will Demolition the property. I don't know this rumer is true or not but I am a home owner in Chalmette which is making me to worry and depress. When i heard this message, I felt like the City is trying to Rob my money/Capital. Did any1 know about this. please let me know ASAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM

1,129 posts, read 3,159,930 times
Philly_do St. Bernard at this point are requiring that your grass is cut and that your property has windows and doors (or something like it). There are people who have just put up plexi-glass where their windows once were. You need to check the St. Bernard government website for any information pertaining to your property. There is a demo list that you can check and see if your house is on it. Homes that are supposed to be demo'd are ones that don't meet the minium requirements. Check the list because I understand that there are homes on the list that shouldn't be. (SBPG.net - The Official St. Bernard Parish Government Website)

Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 8,849 times
I live in Mid City New Orleans close to Delgado and City Park. I have not come in contact with too much crime myself. I live in an area with mainly homeowners who have lived there for 10+ years. I walk my two dogs everyday and go to the grocery store up the street from house after dark. I don't feel unsafe. I am disturbed by all the crime that is going on the areas surrounding me but I have not been directly affected...(not yet anyway) I am actually moving to Florida in May and am very sad to be leaving New Orleans.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Caa

870 posts, read 1,498,787 times
I live in Baton Rouge, and feel safe here. I have been to NO about 6 times since HK and I feel fine walking around the French Quarter, but never(even before HK)would I go out at night pretty much anywhere nowadays, even in 'safe' cities and towns. I just want to know why Colorado is so great though. I have a friend who lives there and thinks the people are very unfriendly, is this true? I think Louisiana people are very kind. Also, she said that the Colorado people are beginning to get po'd due to the fact that so many are moving there from all over the country.

Last edited by Caa; 02-29-2008 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Location: Southern California native, now a few miles from Lake Michigan
801 posts, read 2,352,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
Heh

I am trying to move to New Orleans.
Brilliant! Wanting to move *to* one of the worst cities in America.
Best of luck.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM

595 posts, read 1,565,365 times
That's old.

I live in New Orleans now, and it is definitely not a place without issues but it's one of the greatest cities in America!@

Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 AM

3,035 posts, read 3,447,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
That's old.

I live in New Orleans now, and it is definitely not a place without issues but it's one of the greatest cities in America!@
Yes.

Considering all she's been through, the ol' gal aint doin' too badly. Looking forward to our next trip there in February next year. I dont know of any city that is pure, innocent, and totally free of crime/corruption, etc. Oh wait..there was that city/planet/whatever in 'Brave New World'.

If you look for trouble, you wont have to wait long, it'll find you anywhere.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:29 PM

Location: Southern California native, now a few miles from Lake Michigan
801 posts, read 2,352,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I dont know of any city that is pure, innocent, and totally free of crime/corruption, etc.
If you look for trouble, you wont have to wait long, it'll find you anywhere.
Yeah, but come on... let's be honest. Look at the crime statistics. N.O. is one of the worst. High crime in all categories... violent crimes, property crimes, you name it.
Maybe trouble will find you anywhere, but it appears it is much more likely in N.O. than in many places.
And yes... I *have* been there.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM

3,035 posts, read 3,447,171 times
True, but I think NOLA has enough of the good stuff to outweigh the bad. I'm speaking only for me...it's not for everyone. I have a feeling Vampgrrl *may* like it too...just a hunch.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:22 PM

595 posts, read 1,565,365 times
Well I *really* love this city.
I don't think I could live in most any other American city after living here, and if I was forced to leave it would only for somewhere like Montreal or somewhere in Europe and even then I'd consider it boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans