Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:44 AM

48 posts, read 109,398 times

Advertisements

thanks for your site!!!! im checking it out now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,865,332 times
Restaurants: Mother's on Poydras St, Acme Oyster House on Iberville St, Jacquesimos Cafe on Oak St, Cochon. Have fun, jealous!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM

does crayfish taste like lobster? im not a seafood lover...but i dont have a problem trying stuff. crayfish i always look at as pets. up here thats what people do with them lol.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,036,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Restaurants: Mother's on Poydras St, Acme Oyster House on Iberville St, Jacquesimos Cafe on Oak St, Cochon. Have fun, jealous!!!

Mothers is the most over rated restaurant in New Orleans and not worth the money.

R & O's in Bucktown and CrabbyJacks are way better.

busta

Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,036,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpylemon View Post
Just went through about 7 pages. got some good insight. got some confirmed good places to go from you locals and with people that visited....im kind of a "off the map" guy. i love nature...i love to see animals that aren't in my region (mass). I am addicted to Cajun food....i make jambalaya weekly and Cajun Alfredo sauce all the time as well. so basically all i wanna do is eat some good jambalaya...and see some alligators and some nice cypress trees and explore the bayou's. I saw the tours and what not...but i dont wanna be on a boat or do drive byes....i wanna be able to go to the water and look in it and explore and take pics at my own leisure. my wife is like i dont wanna get a rent a car cuz i know you'll just drive to the 9th ward and all the places we aren't welcome....im like its not like we will just get shot for being white and in a low income area. I wanted to just drive around and take pics and explore myself. i also wanna do some cat fishing or something of the sort. ive yet to find an "Affordable" place for that. up here we have party boats that go out and its like 30 bucks a person. im sure ill have more questions. basically im the guy who likes the pictures of history, countryside, palm trees, oceans ect. thanks!!

edit:
i do see that the pyratecon will be in town...how is that gonna add to the bourbon street flavor? we are staying at the hilton on st charles just so people know.

currently this is what i have listed to do or go

St Louis Cemetary #1
Canal Street Ferry
Jackson Square Ferry Cats lol (i have to see this)
Pat O'Briens
St Charles Street Car
Zoo
Aquarium
Central Grocery
Johnny's Po Boy's
Coops Place
I would stay away from the lower 9th ward, even during the day, unless you're packing heat and don't mine being shot at.

If you want some great boiled seafood, go see Louie at the crab trap. It's on the lake in the swamp about 30min. est of New Orleans.

The Fresh Prince of Frenier: The Crab Trap and Louis Lipps | Brett Anderson - NOLA.com

busta

Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,429,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I would stay away from the lower 9th ward, even during the day, unless you're packing heat and don't mine being shot at.

If you want some great boiled seafood, go see Louie at the crab trap. It's on the lake in the swamp about 30min. est of New Orleans.

The Fresh Prince of Frenier: The Crab Trap and Louis Lipps | Brett Anderson - NOLA.com

busta
I live in Houston area and curious about visiting NO. Not really scared about getting shot at since I just visited relatives in CD. Juarez, MX.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

67 posts, read 171,664 times
Crab Trap opens up again mid February, thank goodness. Also they make a mighty fine snowball upstairs. I'm so glad someone called out Mother's. They are terrible. I have eaten at three different Acme locations and they were all bad. From the service to the food, just terrible.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 AM

well i leave for my trip in a few hours....where is the best jambalaya? and what bar has the best drink specials?

Old 04-17-2010, 12:51 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,253,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Mothers is the most over rated restaurant in New Orleans and not worth the money.
I didn't care for it, either. Won't say I wouldn't eat there again but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for it. I'll say this, though ~ we were definitely entertained by some of the chaos in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans