Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:17 PM

194 posts, read 220,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
What would it be like to retire in NEw Orleans?
Every person I know planning to retire plans on LEAVING Nola so they will have a decent affordable peaceful retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 PM

860 posts, read 1,184,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali504 View Post
Every person I know planning to retire plans on LEAVING Nola so they will have a decent affordable peaceful retirement.
I understand the bad in this city, but for some the good outweighs it. Who wants to retire in a place where nothing is happening? I lived in South Florida, where everyone goes to retire. Give me NOLA any day.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 PM

117 posts, read 256,209 times
I'm a westbank guy, currently living in West Texas. I always love coming back home for the holidays and get homesick pretty often. But, I honestly don't know if I really want to live in the city again. But who knows what I will end up doing...

When i'm home, I love everything about it. The culture, the food,..... THE FOOD, humid and rainy weather, having events to go to all the time, watching ghetto/ratchet people make a fool out of themselves on a daily basis, music, the Saints. There is a lot to love about the city. Is it right for you? that's a question that only you can answer.

Last edited by tekboi; 12-02-2015 at 07:34 PM..

Old 05-13-2016, 11:28 PM

28 posts, read 27,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
I live here by choice. I've been here 9 months. I had people tell me the same things before I moved down here. Their comments were ugly. VERY ugly, like telling me they would see me dead on national television.

I'm still alive, and doing far better than I was where I lived before. I have no regrets coming here and I hope I can stay here a long time.

YOU are living your life, not the people who are saying mean things to you (maybe out of jealousy? ) so do what you need to do. If you want to move here, then do it and let the negative stuff roll off you. If it turns out you don't like living here, then chalk it up to a life experience and find a place you like better.
Dead on national television? how ignorant, their coments made no sense! i'm glad you didn't listen to them!

Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,061,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekboi View Post
I'm a westbank guy, currently living in West Texas. I always love coming back home for the holidays and get homesick pretty often. But, I honestly don't know if I really want to live in the city again. But who knows what I will end up doing...

When i'm home, I love everything about it. The culture, the food,..... THE FOOD, humid and rainy weather, having events to go to all the time, watching ghetto/ratchet people make a fool out of themselves on a daily basis, music, the Saints. There is a lot to love about the city. Is it right for you? that's a question that only you can answer.
Love this post.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:41 AM

1,057 posts, read 861,215 times
Nola is a true southern treasure. I'm from Atlanta and Nola is my favorite southern city and also maybe my overall favorite American city. I was in a restaurant with a group of Muslim friends and this old white guy with a deep Louisiana accent came over and greeted us and we all sang happy birthday to his wife. Then he proceeded to give us advice about his favorite strip clubs. Granted he was drunk lol, but that experience just speaks to the good ole Nola hospitality.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:54 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,070,677 times
I'm here for the nice Summers.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:25 AM

65 posts, read 75,102 times
...because once you live here, it's really hard to live anywhere else! It took me a few years (and a few cities) to learn that, but I'm here for good now!

Old 07-21-2016, 04:39 AM

806 posts, read 869,003 times
It's an individual thing . New Orleans is not for everybody .

Old 07-21-2016, 11:35 AM

9 posts, read 12,408 times
Because I'm saving to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans