U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-10-2010, 07:50 PM

6 posts, read 9,896 times
Default shared room less than $1000- Chelsea, Astoria, Hoboken

Hello, everyone.

I am an international student who is looking for a safe and quiet place to live. I am not a social girl. I don'e like night life. I want a quiet and peaceful life. (May I am wrong to come NYC, but I think I will get used to it.)

My maximum budget for living is $900. I know it is tough in NYC, so I choose to share an apartment with someone.

My school is located in 25th street. And I have a part-time job near Federal Plaza. I don't like subway and bus. The best choice is where I can walk to school and job. Ohhhh, don't laugh at me. . So I tried to look some place in east village or west village. But I was told that these areas are crowded with artists and hippies. I am not that cool person. So I turn my eyes to the area within 30 minutes travel.

Who can help me to know the following area: Chelsea, Astoria, Hoboken.

Chelsea: I found two place. one is in 58th street, another one is in 15th street. which location do you think is better. "Better" mean safe, clean and quiet. I don't care restaurants, bars, and grocery stores. I do care safety of night-walk and trees around the road.

Astoria: I found a place near Astoria Park. I've never been in Astoria. Is the area near the park nice? Again, safe? quiet? not crowded? I used to visit a friend in Elmhurst where I really don't like. Too many people around the street.

Hoboken: How about Hoboken? Anyone knows this area. I read a post in this forum recommending this area. SO I search. I got a place on 2nd street & garden street. How about this?

I asks a lot of questions. Thanks a lot for your patience to read these all. Please help me. I appreciate all your helps.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-12-2010, 11:30 AM

486 posts, read 568,392 times
I'd go for that place near Astoria Park based on your preferences. However, you'll have to take public transportation (which you say you don't like) from there to get to school and work.

Unread 06-12-2010, 01:06 PM

6 posts, read 9,896 times
Thank you very much for help. I am still looking. It is not easy to find a nice place for a poor student.

Unread 06-13-2010, 07:12 AM

757 posts, read 1,105,753 times
FYI - 58th St. is not Chelsea; that's Midtown.

In Astoria or Hoboken, you will have to take public transportation to get to school or work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City