Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 PM

8 posts, read 53,489 times

Advertisements

These rules suck lol Thanks for the info...yeah I know..I wonder why they don't allow ft students....sucks.I will have to talk to him about it but I doubt hes gonna want to drop a class..thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,139 times
Hi N and congrats on your apt.
Could you share a little with those of us who want to know more about the process after you have been qualified (income verified) for an apt. What happens next and then after that? How long does the whole process take, you know all the good stuff. Thanks so much!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,058 times
I have an interview with them today, my income is within the guidelines, but I own an apartment. Does anyone know how that may affect me.

Thanks!!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:08 PM

5 posts, read 13,819 times
I recevied a letter stating i was on low priority status due to not being a nyc resident...does anyone know if i would be put on a waiting list if they dont contact me for an interviw??

Old 09-05-2010, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,880 times
Hello everyone,

If anyone can answer my questions I would very much appreciate it. My question/concern is that although I am receiving unemployment benefits, will the fact that I am currently unemployed disqualify me from getting into affordable housing?

I just applied for an affordable unit but worried that I will be disqualified because I am unemployed and receiving unemployment benefits. There is a second source of income which combined with unemployment benefits puts me in the required income level.

How important is a person's credit history? what is a safe credit score that applicants should have?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM

252 posts, read 607,809 times
i live in an affordable housing unit. i got it through a lottery last year.
the first thing they checked was my credit
i was also interviewd for another lottery apt. before this one, and the first thing again they checked was credit.
they told me the two most important things are credit and criminal background.
i do think unemployment might hinder you, because they might want only working tenants. but it doesnt hurt to try, good luck

Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 PM

252 posts, read 607,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelady View Post
Hi N and congrats on your apt.
Could you share a little with those of us who want to know more about the process after you have been qualified (income verified) for an apt. What happens next and then after that? How long does the whole process take, you know all the good stuff. Thanks so much!
this wasnt directed towards me, but after your income is verified, they check criminal background. and then they ask for your bank statements, if you are in school, who wil be living with you, social security cards, birth certificates, letters that you are employed, pay stubs, last 3 years tax returns...they ask for everything but your blood
its a long and stressful process im not going to lie.........
i went for the interview on august 17 and signed my lease october 5..takes a while, depending on your situation, but they held the apartment for me all that time, because i was missing documents, but i called the lady almost everyday , she knew me on a first name basis to tell her i was getting the paperwork for her.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:14 PM

5 posts, read 18,579 times
Default quest

hey can i ask you a question. they show me a blueprint of my apt. but they said they have to send my file to the state first. how does that work?

Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 PM

5 posts, read 21,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flosolj20 View Post
hey can i ask you a question. they show me a blueprint of my apt. but they said they have to send my file to the state first. how does that work?
Why did they show you a blueprint of your Apartment?

I guess that you have already signed the lease of your Apartment. Right?

Who is in charge of this 505 West 37th Street, NYC HPD or State?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 PM

5 posts, read 21,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flosolj20 View Post

Is there any a Washer / Dryer unit in the blueprint of your Apartment?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City