Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 PM

51 posts, read 166,301 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for anyone who has experience with renting office space in the Manhattan area. I'm only looking for an office for 1 person and have checked craigslist, but it's a little vague.

Anyone here work for themselves and rent a 1 person office (private or cubicle) and can share experiences? Prices, location, quality, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon124 View Post
I'm looking for anyone who has experience with renting office space in the Manhattan area. I'm only looking for an office for 1 person and have checked craigslist, but it's a little vague.

Anyone here work for themselves and rent a 1 person office (private or cubicle) and can share experiences? Prices, location, quality, etc.
What is your profession?

You should check trade ppublications and/or web sites.

The Lincoln Buildiing has many small offices and small firms which sublease space.
Check with management. 60 East 42nd Street, across from Grand Central. Other older buildings do the same.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I have a friend who uses an office with 2 rooms, a small waiting room with a couple chairs and a "consultation" room...shrink furniture Couple recliners and a sofa. Like 5th Avenue lower 30's.

She shares with a couple others and she takes it for 2 days and pays about $800/ month and it includes heat and air conditioning.

(I think the tenants kicked in to buy the furniture a while ago.)

I've never seen the space but she has taste so I'm sure it's pretty decent looking.

I don't know if this is typical.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 AM

43,652 posts, read 44,375,612 times
I know someone who sublets a room/office from a larger company.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
erm...

take a quick look at the OP date folks

hopefully icon found a place by now

the thread was spam-resurrected

Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 PM

In my defense, I respond only to recent posts, in this case a post by JColtrane of last Wednesday.
If others choose to dig up two year old posts, that's their proclivity.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
In my defense, I respond only to recent posts, in this case a post by JColtrane of last Wednesday.
wasn't trying to single anyone out. that's why i mentioned the spam

just trying to put this thread back to sleep

Old 08-19-2012, 07:50 AM

I know some are bothered by old posts but I kinds feel that information is information. Perhaps what is not useful for a long dead poster might be of interest to somebody else.

Of course nobody needs info about the Statler Hotel or the meals at the Forum of the Twelve Caesars or the quality of the clothes at Gimbel's.
Or what a bastard Mayor Koch is.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:13 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
No defense necessary. I didn't dig up this post.

If you people aren't aware, CD for reasons of their own, ressurects old threads for continued discussion. Apparently thiis is one.

What "spam" has to do with it, I'm at a loss....

Quote:
I know some are bothered by old posts but I kinds feel that information is information. Perhaps what is not useful for a long dead poster might be of interest to somebody else.
Agreed. Though, some threads deserve to die. Those which provide no useful relevant information. A lot of new people going through the pages of threads, either don't realize the thread's age, or just can't resist commenting, on some long dead subject matter no longer relevant.

Personllly, I dislike the CD policy of "resurrecting". I think they do it when discussion gets a little slow. Hve you noticed those advert comments at the bottom of old threads, encouraging folks to comment/post?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
If you people aren't aware, CD for reasons of their own, ressurects old threads for continued discussion. Apparently thiis is one.

What "spam" has to do with it, I'm at a loss....
the original "resurrecting" response (from a few days ago, responding to the most recent post which was at that time 2 years old) was an automated spam

it clearly was placed by some sort of bot, it was from a profile with only 1 post and it was a link to some commercial office space

then a few others like yourself saw the thread in the recent list and continued responding, not realizing any of this

so the reason it got resurrected was a spam bot

yesterday i flagged the spambot post and I assume a CD mod deleted that post since it's gone now

so there is no conspiracy by CD to resurrect threads, at least here. quite the contrary. active modding to kill spam posts

but once the spam is gone, it's not obvious that's how it got resurrected

the more you know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City