U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 AM

868 posts, read 1,285,065 times

Advertisements

Does the glamour and style of NYC live on only in its billboards . . ?

http://stylepeterson.com/new-york/nyc-beautiful-people.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 AM
grant516

n/a posts
There's quite some good looking people, but it's no Los Angeles.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 AM

180 posts, read 195,433 times
Pshh. The people in New York are much better looking. Not everyone's blonde with fake breast augmentations.
You have all types of beautiful people. Not just one look that fits "beautiful".
I'm sure LA has tons of beautiful people. But New York has almost triple the amount of people in the city alone. There are just bound to be more beautiful people.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM

142 posts, read 240,695 times
NY has some beautiful people but not by America's typical standard of beauty. Especially since the city is a melting pot and the standard is fair skin, light eyes and light hair.

Coming from the southern region, I say that NYC women are more natural...often their hair is free flowing sans product and heat styling and they wear minimal makeup.

I like it because I feel that I can wear whatever I want. I can even wear skirts that come above my knees to the office and bigger earrings!!! I have to tone down my color choices though, lol.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM

6,970 posts, read 12,424,151 times
there are tons of beautiful people in the city. just sit on a public bench in Chelsea or SoHo and look around.

one day, way back, i remember walking out of my apt and Milla Jovovich walked by in a see through wifebeater....i was like: "man, i love this city"

Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 AM

3,995 posts, read 5,120,972 times
Manhattanites look good because they're not overweight and they know who to dress.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 AM

910 posts, read 1,840,425 times
NYC is a beautiful city. I've been almost everywhere including LA, Orange County, Miami, and so on and NYC is up there. However, the highest percentage-wise of beautiful people i've seen was in (drum roll)....Austin, TX. I lived there but i'm not biased. That is one good-looking town especially for the under 35 demographic.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 AM

47 posts, read 122,196 times
Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The perception of beauty is going to be different all over the country as demographics vary from region to region. NY is going to be different from other parts of the country because we have so many different tastes and cultures. Also, climate and quality of living has a lot to do with "beauty" as well.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM

6,970 posts, read 12,424,151 times
i think NYC beauty is on par with Paris or Madrid. if you don't like the way people look there, you won't like NY.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 AM

868 posts, read 1,285,065 times
I do think that New York falls a bit behind when it comes to fashion and style compared to Paris or Madrid. Parisians have great taste even when dressed casually. We New Yorkers are a quite a bit more stylish than most of the country but not quite in the same league with Paris. They taught me a thing or two about style in my visits--the quality of clothing in general is higher there. Even here in New York City you can always spot the French tourists . . . they're the ones who press a crease in their jeans and iron their t-shirts . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City