U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,097,280 times
Jordandubeil: a ton of people and most of friends. Obviously, you haven't spent much time in San Jose. If you did, it must have been very brief and back in the Nineties or during dotcom bust when San Jose was really suffering. Now, San Jose is a world class city with all the big amenities you can find anywhere. Just check out San Jose, and you'll see. Go to Dt. San Jose on Fri afternoon this Summer and hang out at the farmer's market. You'll change your mind. On a warm Sat. evening, go to Santana Row and check out all those cute, upscale chics. Spend more time in San Jose, and you'll be a convert. Like I said, New York City is boring and spread out more than San Jose while you can do all the cultural things in Downtown S.J.. Subway need not apply. It's all in walking distant.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,097,280 times
Jordandubreil, I don't pay attention to the University of England's world cities' world class stature since they lost me when they said Montreal is only as world class as San jose, Costa Rica. I don't care if I'm the only one said New York city is less desirable. As for Fashion, haven't you watch "The City" where Kelly Cuthrone said the business of fashion is struggling and is concentrating on Hollywood to make ends meet. I didn't say the whole business is moving to LA. By the way, the fashion peaked in the 90's. I like late 70's to mid 80's because the girls were not to skinnning bone.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 AM

24 posts, read 22,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Jordandubreil and DC90, you have disservice The Rotten Apple(New York City). I'm clearly going to be truthful and explain why San Jose, alone, destroys the Rotten Apple and it's going to awfully offend alot of New Yorkers and wound their pride so badly. Sorry New Yorkers, these bloggers ask for it.

San Jose is better than New York:

Weather
Natural Scenery
tons of parks through the city
safety
Downtown: New York has a crummy and boring downtown with big hole in the middle
cleanliness
Airport: check out the new airport in San Jose. By the way, Kennedy + La Guardia are ugly
and outdated
Food: Original Joes, which is old school, destroys the italian restaurant in MeatPacking district,
wharehouse area of Manhattan, around 9th Ave, no man land.
Beautiful Women: In San Jose, blond chics. In New York, short and stocky or tall and boring with
no personality-just a bone-headed fashion models
Architecture: check out the new city hall and Axis Condo on Flickr.com or Google it. Keep looking
Quality of Life
Friendliness
More communities: Mountain View, Campbell, willow Glen, Palo Alto Los Gatos, the Alameda and etc.
Better Location: California vs New York
Gateway Point: Monterey, San Francisco and Lake Tahoe/ Yosemite nearby
etc.
Hope you guys are convinced.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Man oh man do you have bad taste!! I really thought you were joking at first, but it's as if you've really convinced yourself that San Jose is better than NYC or London. You go againt every single opinion poll, city ranking known to man if you truly believe this. I don't think you'd find more than 10 people in the United States who agree with you. Hell, I'm certain that people who really live in San Jose would laugh in your face if you told them that San Jose is more fun than NYC and has better food, nightlfe and architecture. LOL!!

Sheesh.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 AM

244 posts, read 323,668 times
Quote:
Jordandubeil: a ton of people and most of friends. Obviously, you haven't spent much time in San Jose. If you did, it must have been very brief and back in the Nineties or during dotcom bust when San Jose was really suffering. Now, San Jose is a world class city with all the big amenities you can find anywhere. Just check out San Jose, and you'll see. Go to Dt. San Jose on Fri afternoon this Summer and hang out at the farmer's market. You'll change your mind. On a warm Sat. evening, go to Santana Row and check out all those cute, upscale chics. Spend more time in San Jose, and you'll be a convert. Like I said, New York City is boring and spread out more than San Jose while you can do all the cultural things in Downtown S.J.. Subway need not apply. It's all in walking distant.
OMGYUCK.

I would rather visit Hillbillyland, West Virginia than "visit" San Jose (nobody actually visits San Jose other than people there on business.)

Grosssss.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 AM

244 posts, read 323,668 times
[quote=durf;15047029]

Quote:
Weather
Indifferent.

Quote:
Natural Scenery
"Scenery" miles away, but San Jose as a city is so ugly. It turns my stomach. Ugly strip mall after strip mall. Fugly cookie cutter home after the next. Really a disaster of a city.

Quote:
tons of parks through the city
New York City has more parkland than San Jose. As a matter of fact, New York City boasts the highest percentage of parkland of all cities in the United States.

Quote:
1. New York City - 19.6% - [38,229 acres]
2. Washington DC -19.4% - [7,617 acres]
3. San Francisco -18% [5,384 acres]
4. Jersey City -17.3% [1,660 acres]
5. Boston -16.3% [5,040 acres]
6. Philadelphia -12.6% [10,886 acres]
7. Long Beach -10.1% [3,275 acres]
8. Baltimore -9.5% [5,905 acres]
9. Chicago -8.2% [11,860 acres]
10. Los Angeles -7.9% [23,761 acres]
http://www.tpl.org/content_documents/citypark_facts/ccpe_TotalAcresPercentofLandArea_09.pdf (broken link)

San Jowhat?

Next...

Quote:
safety
According to the FBI, New York City is America's safest large city.

http://www.govtech.com/gt/370385

Quote:
Downtown: New York has a crummy and boring downtown with big hole in the middle
Beautiful Downtown San Jose

Crummy Downtown Manhattan

The other crummy "Downtown", Midtown Manhattan:

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Quote:
cleanliness
Oklahoma City is also cleaner than New York. Guess why? Oklahoma City, just like San Jose are both insignificant villages compared to NYC. Both tiny towns with ugly dead downtowns and both lack foot traffic. How can either be dirty when the streets are deserted?

Quote:
Airport: check out the new airport in San Jose. By the way, Kennedy + La Guardia are ugly
Man Jose is a hellhole and doesn't have nearly as many international flights going in and out of the airport as JFK.

Quote:
Food: Original Joes, which is old school, destroys the italian restaurant in MeatPacking district,
Food. Let's not start this. As mentioned for the past few posts, New York City is continually ranked the best food city in the United States, arguably the world.

Quote:
wharehouse area of Manhattan, around 9th Ave, no man land.
The entire city of San Jose is no man land. Which is why nobody that matters would ever set foot in toilet that is San Jose.

Seems as if the world agrees with me...

Most visited cities by overall overseas travelers 2009

1. New York City - 7,792,000
2. Miami - 2,661,000
3. Los Angeles - 2,518,000
4. Orlando - 2,399,000
5, San Francisco - 2,233,000
6. Las Vegas - 1,853,000
7. Washington - 1,544,000
8. Honolulu - 1,497,000
9. Boston - 1,140,000
10. Chicago - 1,118,000
11. San Diego - 618,000
12. Philadelphia - 594,000
13. Atlanta - 570,000
14. Houston - 428,000

San Jowho?

Quote:
Beautiful Women: In San Jose, blond chics. In New York, short and stocky or tall and boring with
Huh? The vast majority of the "chics" in San Jose are Asian.
Quote:

Architecture: check out the new city hall and Axis Condo on Flickr.com or Google it. Keep looking
Jesus Christ, what an ugly building.

I've seen Axis Condominiums in San Jose and what an UGLY building. What the hell. I've seen much prettier condos in Queens! This entire San Jose vs NYC thing must be a taste issue, because you've done nothing but exude poor taste.

Do you really think the Axis Condo is better than the Time Warner or One Beacon Court? Or HL23? or 100 Eleveneth Avenue? Or 200 Eleventh Avenue? Or Superior Ink? Or 1 Jackson Square? Or 166 Perry Street? I could go on and on and on.

That Axis San Jose looks like a ghetto version of The Edge Condominiums in Williamsburg Brooklyn.

The sad thing is that that monstrosity is the best building in San Jofug. Proves once again how gross the city is.

Quote:
Quality of Life
Tell that to all the billioniares, millionaires and celebrities that live in NYC.

Quote:
Friendliness
People are "friendly" in San Jose because they have nothing better to do.

Quote:
More communities: Mountain View, Campbell, willow Glen, Palo Alto Los Gatos, the Alameda and etc.
Um, Greenwich, Scarsdale, Bedford, Darien, New Canaan, etc are all better than those communities.

Quote:
Better Location: California vs New York
San Jose is San Jose (a toilet) and New York City is New York City (the most powerful city the world)

Quote:

Gateway Point: Monterey, San Francisco and Lake Tahoe/ Yosemite nearby
etc.
*yawn*

Quote:
Hope you guys are convinced.
The only thing you've convinced me is that you need psychiatric evaluation. Like now.

Last edited by DC90; 07-15-2010 at 03:34 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 AM

2,171 posts, read 2,602,144 times
All of the talk on this thread about gangs, crime and poverty, the racial hatred and ethnic bravado puts NYC in a terrible light. No wonder the middle class OF ALL RACES is heading to exurbia. It's a damned shame that we have so much in-fighting going on when people from the outside are trying to blow us up.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 AM

24 posts, read 22,663 times
What a ridiculous thread!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 AM

140 posts, read 189,218 times
Mr. President: then why are you following it and adding to it?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 AM

40,060 posts, read 18,946,485 times
Quote:
You had to come to the New York City forum to make comments like this? You've got a lot to learn about making an argument! And hopefully, you don't typify San Jose.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:40 AM

8,752 posts, read 8,931,678 times
I am wondering why this thread is still open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City