U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,364,641 times
Reputation: 1567

Advertisements

im looking at the city data profiles of jamaica in all to see what this "eek" character is speaking of and this is what i found.

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...amaica-NY.html

south jamaica is almost entirely black as i thought^^^^^

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...amaica-NY.html

^^^^^the jamaica hills area above hillside is ave is very diverse with blacks not being the majority as i thought again.

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...amaica-NY.html

^^^and the actual jamaica neighborhood is basically 50 ar around 50 percent black , and 25 or around 25 percent hispanic as i also thought correctly.

so im just curious to know where "eek" believes that pakis , and indians are the majority of these areas. if they were wouldn't Asians have the biggest percentage when doing the math?

 
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
 
Location: Bronx
14,808 posts, read 17,410,399 times
Reputation: 7515
Dang you guys got off topic already.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 06:27 AM
eek
 
Location: Queens, NY
3,576 posts, read 6,451,258 times
Reputation: 1419
i wasn't aware that the e and f trains stop in south jamaica. my fault. i thought they (residents of south jamaica) had to take a bus just to get to the last stop on either train. i guess i was wrong.

i wasn't aware that 179th st was in south jamaica.

i wasn't aware that jamaica center was in south jamaica.

the j/z trains are basically brooklyn trains. the majority of their stops are in bk. of course you will see black ppl on those trains. who the hell on 179th, 169th or parsons (near the f train station) is taking the j/z and why??

how about you get up at 1am and walk from 179th to the first stop on the j and see how much sense that makes in your quest to hunt for black ppl in queens. have fun walking 2423434234 blocks.

lol @ this guy talking about south jamaica. its not even relevant. nobody even mentioned that area.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 AM
eek
 
Location: Queens, NY
3,576 posts, read 6,451,258 times
Reputation: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
jamaica is not mostly paki anyone who drives in the area will see this is not true at all.

i can agree with central american and hispanics, but pakis and indians nope.
ride a bus.
ride the e/f trains.

walk up and down hillside av. you see mad indians/pakistanis. they own damn near every building. walk in any deli, bodega, c town, etc.

anybody that says they don't see indians and pakistani's is lying. if they don't run whatever businesses are along hillside then its a mexican/central american running it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you dont see any black people on the last stop of the e train

i think this person does not live in ny and listens to to much 50 cent.

i will go on the e train right now at 1 am and i bet you all the passesngers on the train will be black.

i took the j train to the last stop last week , and if you live in queens you know the e/j share the same last stop and the train was mostly black and hispanic with the indian looking guyanese people.

this person is an impostor hahahahahahhahah
who the hell rides the e train at 1am? most of us have jobs and get on at normal hours of the day.

get on during the (regular) morning and look around. do the same with the f.

i know you don't know what you're talking about at all.

you talking about southside, the j train and other useless stuff knowing full well that just because the e and j share the same last stop that it means absolutely nothing.

when i mention queens, i mean the e, f, r, 7, etc. not a train that is a bk train with a few stops in queens. the e is a queens train and the j is pretty much a bk train. period.

all these supposed black ppl swarming around queens but where??
off in eastern queens with no train lines whatsoever? oh i know, jamaica av.

newsflash, queens and jamaica in particular are more than southside and the av.

its you that listens to too much 50 cent. nobody cares about southside, nobody mentioned it until you brought it up. southside definitely isn't representative of jamaica at all, period. turn off your ipod and go outside and walk up and down hillside. and south jamaica is definitely not representative of queens.

you also need to learn reading comprehension, jordan. not many =/= none. and i never said that jamaica was mostly pakistani. reread what i wrote.

how do you quote something and not read whats in the quote before posting?? come on, son.

Last edited by eek; 07-07-2010 at 07:08 AM..
 
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Toronto
1,655 posts, read 5,091,323 times
Reputation: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times View Post
Really? So you can tell a person is Jewish just by looking at them?
Yeah, unless the Jews decided to stop wearing yarmulke's all of a sudden. And I can obviously tell if 80% of the people I see in a particular area are black, lol.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Queens THE REAL international city
2,386 posts, read 5,277,742 times
Reputation: 2802
Are you serious? No one is being "pushed out" times just have changed. And whats with the "overwhelmingly Black" statement? Go cry somewhere else, in NYC there's bound to be a good population of every race concentrated in some area of any borough. Their might be more Black people than White in one area and more White than Black in any other and vice-versa with any other ethnic groups in this city. I'm glad that you're not in this city you can go back to the homogeneous area that you're living in and I'm sure you can enjoy you're "overwhelmingly" White area.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 AM
eek
 
Location: Queens, NY
3,576 posts, read 6,451,258 times
Reputation: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroatGuzzler View Post
Yeah, unless the Jews decided to stop wearing yarmulke's all of a sudden. And I can obviously tell if 80% of the people I see in a particular area are black, lol.
have you tried kew gardens?
 
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Led
 
Location: Astoria, Queens
146 posts, read 369,703 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Are you serious? No one is being "pushed out" times just have changed. And whats with the "overwhelmingly Black" statement? Go cry somewhere else, in NYC there's bound to be a good population of every race concentrated in some area of any borough. Their might be more Black people than White in one area and more White than Black in any other and vice-versa with any other ethnic groups in this city. I'm glad that you're not in this city you can go back to the homogeneous area that you're living in and I'm sure you can enjoy you're "overwhelmingly" White area.
You're obviously black. And yeah the blacks are effectively pushing the Jews and Italians out of Brooklyn from what i've seen, no surprise.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Queens THE REAL international city
2,386 posts, read 5,277,742 times
Reputation: 2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
You're obviously black. And yeah the blacks are effectively pushing the Jews and Italians out of Brooklyn from what i've seen, no surprise.
You're obviously ignorant and wrong, I'm more White if anything. I can't defend people of other race? Not that I'm defending Black or White people here, I'm just stating the obvious that this guy seems scared and somewhat threatened that White people aren't in the areas they once predominantly occupied. Times have changed and I don't understand why he feels so overwhelmed when NYC is a huge melting pot of cultures and ethnicity's and pretty much always has been since its inception. You're probably just another ignorant xenophobe.
 
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
 
Location: NYC
2,296 posts, read 4,513,138 times
Reputation: 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i wasn't aware that the e and f trains stop in south jamaica. my fault. i thought they (residents of south jamaica) had to take a bus just to get to the last stop on either train. i guess i was wrong.

i wasn't aware that 179th st was in south jamaica.

i wasn't aware that jamaica center was in south jamaica.

the j/z trains are basically brooklyn trains. the majority of their stops are in bk. of course you will see black ppl on those trains. who the hell on 179th, 169th or parsons (near the f train station) is taking the j/z and why??

how about you get up at 1am and walk from 179th to the first stop on the j and see how much sense that makes in your quest to hunt for black ppl in queens. have fun walking 2423434234 blocks.

lol @ this guy talking about south jamaica. its not even relevant. nobody even mentioned that area.
I hope this clarifies everything ...

The E, J and Z trains end at Sutphin and Archer which is technically "Central Jamaica" but it borders on South Jamaica. South Jamaica is a specific neighborhood. It is not the same as Southeast Queens, which comprises several neighborhoods. The blacks (Americans, Caribbeans and Africans) that live in Southeast Queens neighborhoods like St. Albans, Laurelton, Springfield Gardens, Rochdale and Rosedale take the E, J and Z trains to Sutphin and Archer, and then take buses to those distant neighborhoods. It is a brutal commute.

The F rides along Hillside Avenue and stops at several points in Jamaica: Sutphin & Hillside, Parsons & Hillside, 169th & Hillside and 179th & Hillside. The 169th Street station is actually split between two neighborhoods: Jamaica Hills to the north and Jamaica to the south of Hillside. The last stop on the F is 179th & Hillside is Jamaica Estates to the north and Hollis to the south. There are numerous bus connections at 179th St to Nassau County and other "whiter" parts of Queens which is why you may not see that many black people on the F. They are more likely to be on the E, J or Z.

All in all, Central Jamaica is very diverse. There aren't many blacks at all. I'd guess that it is primarily Latino. Jamaica Hills has lots of Arabs. Hollis between Jamaica & Hillside, and Woodhaven have many Guyanese Indians. Southeast Queens is probably 95% black, if not more. The people living in Southeast Queens are more suburban and drive, which is another reason why you may not be seeing blacks on public transportation.

Getting back to the OP. My old neighborhood in Southeast Queens was a nice mix of blacks and Jews. It turned all black over the course of 20 years, or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top