U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,399 times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,324 times
Are you Japanese? Your username sounds like it.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM

255 posts, read 390,777 times
Isn't the dating scene the Same everywhere?
Generally speaking, when you're A teen to mid 20s, there's hundreds to choose from. Then after 30, it dwindles down. Then, you have the divorced crowd, and then elderly/senior citizens.
Its all the same.
The more people you meet, the better your chances for alove connection.
You can meet people who just want one thing in every state.
But love..and a good person to start a relationship.that takes time, and trial and error. Beautiful or not. You have to "click". I have friends in nyc who are lonely. I also have friends who are serial daters and never find anyone. All attractive and professional. I believe its a numbers game, and also the quality of people stink for the most part these. Days no matter where you go, most people are just selfish looking for what pleases them, and they treat people like toys. But best wishes to all.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 PM

244 posts, read 380,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermerci View Post
Isn't the dating scene the Same everywhere?
Generally speaking, when you're A teen to mid 20s, there's hundreds to choose from. Then after 30, it dwindles down. Then, you have the divorced crowd, and then elderly/senior citizens.
Its all the same.
The more people you meet, the better your chances for alove connection.
You can meet people who just want one thing in every state.
But love..and a good person to start a relationship.that takes time, and trial and error. Beautiful or not. You have to "click". I have friends in nyc who are lonely. I also have friends who are serial daters and never find anyone. All attractive and professional. I believe its a numbers game, and also the quality of people stink for the most part these. Days no matter where you go, most people are just selfish looking for what pleases them, and they treat people like toys. But best wishes to all.

Powerful and true.

But having f king doing it.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 PM

11 posts, read 20,724 times
I visit Manhattan on a monthly basis and, each time, it's fairly easy to meet single men. The 1st time I visited, I bumped into a very attractive Turkish guy in a Duane Reade isle! Another time, I was stopped by a cute cop patrolling a store front near Times Square. We chatted, exchanged numbers and he even hailed me a cab, opened the door for me and saw me off. (NY men, IMO, are funny, polite, real and MUCH more fun than men from other cities...and those accents are sexy, if you're into accents!)
Another time I met a guy from Jersey when I was in an Indian nightclub. The distance factor was a slight problem, since I live in Chicago, but its been a year and we still keep in touch and are the best of friends.
Men will approach you at random, and as pretty as you are, from your photo, you should have no problems attracting men in a huge city like that.

NYC is your oyster! Just go out and see what happens. Best of luck.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:19 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,621,416 times
Not hard at all to meet people here unless you're "one of those girls" who has impossibly high standards, who will either hit the lottery and snare the guy she deems worthy of her (if she really has the stuff to back it up), or more than likely, end up one of the tens of thousands of other cat ladies time was cruel to. Don't even get me started on how hard women make life for themselves (and by extension, mens lives), but I guess they cant help being the way nature made them any more than men can.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:41 AM

966 posts, read 1,372,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena123 View Post
I visit Manhattan on a monthly basis and, each time, it's fairly easy to meet single men. The 1st time I visited, I bumped into a very attractive Turkish guy in a Duane Reade isle! Another time, I was stopped by a cute cop patrolling a store front near Times Square. We chatted, exchanged numbers and he even hailed me a cab, opened the door for me and saw me off. (NY men, IMO, are funny, polite, real and MUCH more fun than men from other cities...and those accents are sexy, if you're into accents!)
Another time I met a guy from Jersey when I was in an Indian nightclub. The distance factor was a slight problem, since I live in Chicago, but its been a year and we still keep in touch and are the best of friends.
Men will approach you at random, and as pretty as you are, from your photo, you should have no problems attracting men in a huge city like that.

NYC is your oyster! Just go out and see what happens. Best of luck.

Yes it is easy to meet or attract men in NYC, and you definitely have to get out there. In such a busy environment, the challenge or question is how to not only meet men but how to create something meaningful. I may be off here, but I think the OP is looking for more than a pickup or hookup, or passing flirtations. It's great that you and the guy you met at the Indian club have stayed in touch. This is beautiful but, I think, rare.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 AM

966 posts, read 1,372,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Not hard at all to meet people here unless you're "one of those girls" who has impossibly high standards, who will either hit the lottery and snare the guy she deems worthy of her (if she really has the stuff to back it up), or more than likely, end up one of the tens of thousands of other cat ladies time was cruel to. Don't even get me started on how hard women make life for themselves (and by extension, mens lives), but I guess they cant help being the way nature made them any more than men can.
Meeting people is definitely easy. I think the OP is looking for more, and I don't she sounds stuck up or jaded. It may be that she needs to get out more and change her routine, so that she stands a better chance of meeting more of a variety of people.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM

11 posts, read 20,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Yes it is easy to meet or attract men in NYC, and you definitely have to get out there. In such a busy environment, the challenge or question is how to not only meet men but how to create something meaningful. I may be off here, but I think the OP is looking for more than a pickup or hookup, or passing flirtations. It's great that you and the guy you met at the Indian club have stayed in touch. This is beautiful but, I think, rare.

Hi Nala,
Very true. The type of men I run into there do seem more geared towards "seeing where it goes," rather than one-nighters, but being that I'm in my mid 30's, I tend to attract (thankfully) those around my age or older...and wiser....*sometimes*. lol.

The OP, being still in her teens, I believe should get involved with some activities where others her age will also gravitate. I think that would be her best bet. Then, there's always the chance meeting at a Duane Reade, lol! You just never know.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM

37 posts, read 83,847 times
It depends on what you are into.
If you are into partying, you are more likely to meet people. A lot of my friends who go out all the time have multiple numbers every time they go out....even the less attractive ones.
You will have people looking at you and talking to you on the street, or in Duane Reade isles, or whatever, no matter what your age or body type. My mom, who's 60 yrs old, gets this, and so do I, at 22...same as when I was 14.

The problem, as I see it, is that there are so many people in NYC, and so many of them are beautiful and successful and well-off, and into experiencing the NYC "scene" that it's hard to find someone who is actually interested in mantaining a relationship. It seems like everyone - both male and female - date a little, but always keep their eye out for something better. Friends who have come from the Midwest or South have told me it seems very hard to meet a decent guy here - back home, people think about settling down by their mid-20s, but here, I think a lot of people want to enjoy their freedom until their mid-to-late-30s. If you're a long-term relationship type, you have to struggle not to lose hope as each seemingly perfect guy falls off the face of the planet.

Me, I'm one of those difficult ones. I'm picky when it comes to men, and I'm not that into partying. It seems difficult for me to meet down-to-earth guys who aren't all about living it up in NYC. I don't date that much, but then, I'm not exactly looking or putting myself out there.

Anyway, those are my observations. Take from it what you will. Relationship types aren't non-existent, but they're harder to spot amongst the millions of people here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City