U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:33 AM

526 posts, read 455,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
hmm, someone's bitter

lool
You misunderstood what I said. I'm saying that very attractive women (natural 10s) tend to have certain personality traits that make them dependent. That's not necessarily a bad thing from a traditionalist point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 11:50 AM

7,126 posts, read 5,499,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
You misunderstood what I said. I'm saying that very attractive women (natural 10s) tend to have certain personality traits that make them dependent. That's not necessarily a bad thing from a traditionalist point of view.
If I had to generalize about the 10s in Manhattan, I would have to say that they all know they're 10s. They're used to hearing the cat calls and solicitations from horny men of all walks of life and backgrounds and have had to develop a thick skin. They will only give 1 minute of their time to men who hold what they desire, or that are from their circles of interest (someone in the same career / career they respect, someone with influence/well respected, etc...). Necessarily they're going to have a wall up for whoever isn't selected by her as a natural defense mechanism

Old 10-23-2014, 12:13 PM

526 posts, read 455,139 times
Quote:
If I had to generalize about the 10s in Manhattan, I would have to say that they all know they're 10s. They're used to hearing the cat calls and solicitations from horny men of all walks of life and backgrounds and have had to develop a thick skin. They will only give 1 minute of their time to men who hold what they desire, or that are from their circles of interest (someone in the same career / career they respect, someone with influence/well respected, etc...). Necessarily they're going to have a wall up for whoever isn't selected by her as a natural defense mechanism
I would say this is an accurate description of 7s or 8s. In other words, women who are sexually attractive, who know they have seductive power over others and use it as leverage to control others. Tend to be stuck up. Look up Jess Greenberg for an example of what I mean by this.

I would say 10s go into the realm of beauty rather than just being attractive, which is something quite different; and is more to do with attitude and mentality. It's fundamentally incompatible with being stuck up or controlling because of its nature.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:08 PM

14,811 posts, read 17,410,399 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
I would say this is an accurate description of 7s or 8s. In other words, women who are sexually attractive, who know they have seductive power over others and use it as leverage to control others. Tend to be stuck up. Look up Jess Greenberg for an example of what I mean by this.

I would say 10s go into the realm of beauty rather than just being attractive, which is something quite different; and is more to do with attitude and mentality. It's fundamentally incompatible with being stuck up or controlling because of its nature.
A ten in NYC. Is a seven in South Florida or socal. Even in NYC average women get cat called and sometimes need validation by being with a man in the good looking department. You never see an unattractive or bbw woman walking around with an unattractive man on the streets of NYC. I can't say all women know they are tens. Under the assumption of ten most likely.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-23-2014 at 03:43 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 05:50 PM

11,828 posts, read 7,699,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejj2004 View Post
I recently spent about a week in Manhattan. I couldn't help but notice that everywhere you were - subway, street corner, restaurant - there were women absolutely everywhere, especially on the UES and UWS. 18-29 year old women in particular seem to be flocking to Manhattan like some kind of homing pigeon.

I also couldn't help but notice the almost total lack of 18-29 year old men. You expect to come to NYC and see a lot Bud Fox's from the movie Wall Street decked out in $2,000 suits, but men like these seem to be like elusive white rhinos, you hear a lot about them but when you look around there just not there.
You spent a week in tourist spots. You are going to see a lot of women tourists but they are not NYC residents.

Just by looking at places I travel to work at big commuter hubs, men outnumber women by a significant number. There a many work places where the men to women ratios are 8-2 especially in business and technology.

While most men are stuck in the office and you're wandering around, it's no wonder all you see are women tourists or office ladies talking a walk or doing shopping.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:30 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,041,654 times
I don't understand why women have foregotten their values on starting families. Today it seems they are not interested in building a family of their own but rather they are all about career which is fine to want a good job but one thing alot of these careerists forget is that in this day age your chosen career can drop you like a bad habit where as your children will always be there and be supportive, chosing a career over the value of family will lead you to a very cold and lonely place, there is no more employer dedication to their employees, if sales numbers drop out the door you go, then what will you have?

Perhaps I'm a bit old fashion or maybe just an anomolie but I've been married for 21 years thus far and never regretted the decision. I wanted a wife and kids, I wanted a little house in the country, I still value some of those old Skool ways of thinking.

In today's world I see some things that I just can't agree with, from the term hipster to the young professional careerist, I just sometimes wonder how we got away from family and traditions.

Think about this, last year Macy's decided to open on Thanksgiving. This is the same company that promotes holiday spirit with their annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. If I'm not mistaken, and I may be off by a few years, Macy's had a 118 year tradition of being closed on Thanksgiving that is until last year. This is what I mean about how important values and traditions can be, out of nowhere and driven by the bottom line, Macy's tossed their 118 year tradition out the window.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM

8,218 posts, read 8,501,765 times
Possibly we have more women because they have a better life here - they get to be more outspoken and less subject to sexism.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:35 PM

14,811 posts, read 17,410,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Possibly we have more women because they have a better life here - they get to be more outspoken and less subject to sexism.
A better life by being a single mom trying to get by on your own. Please. The progressive liberal NYC can be more sexist than the most places in the union.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-23-2014 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 10:55 PM

13 posts, read 14,109 times
I don't think it's because there's less sexism. If anything in many ways NY is more sexist than many other big cities in the USA. Not that it bothers me.

I think many are here for working in fashion. Some like the glamor of being in an international city. Many are students looking for sugar daddies. Women are less likely than men to be full time employed so some spend their free time on the streets to be seen.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:42 AM

2,269 posts, read 2,212,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejj2004 View Post

Obviously, they're all looking for me . . . . . . in my dreams!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or