U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 AM

506 posts, read 676,592 times

Advertisements

What New York women? The majority of women living in this city are recent transplants from other American cities, excluding first and second generation immigrants of course.

A friend of mine was here for a month long visit from Europe, and made a couple of comments about men in New York. She said that they all seemed tired and scared; that they are either too reserved or too aggressive. I suppose she was used to more of romantic courtship, and men who are not afraid to approach and chat her up. Most men who were approaching her (in a civil way that is) turned out to be Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 PM

6,828 posts, read 4,428,208 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A&t=42

Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM

1,088 posts, read 1,041,654 times
It's not hard to meet a girl really. You have to be welcoming and honest. I would say hello my name is Armyvet1 and I was wondering if you would be interested in going out sometime?

You see my male counterparts a woman just wants you to get to the point. Just ask, say I happened to notice you from across the room and would really like the opportunity to take you out sometime. She either will say yes or no. If she says yes and asks where then show confidence and say I would like to take you to wherever it is you would like to take her.

If you ask a woman out and when she asks where and you say I have no idea then that means you invited her out without proper thought or planning. Have some confidence and direction take charge of the situation while still being aware of her desires and interests.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:26 PM

14,811 posts, read 17,410,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
It's not hard to meet a girl really. You have to be welcoming and honest. I would say hello my name is Armyvet1 and I was wondering if you would be interested in going out sometime?

You see my male counterparts a woman just wants you to get to the point. Just ask, say I happened to notice you from across the room and would really like the opportunity to take you out sometime. She either will say yes or no. If she says yes and asks where then show confidence and say I would like to take you to wherever it is you would like to take her.

If you ask a woman out and when she asks where and you say I have no idea then that means you invited her out without proper thought or planning. Have some confidence and direction take charge of the situation while still being aware of her desires and interests.
Some one repped me. I don't know who it was but I agree here with you. I just wanna say is that women in NYC do not have time or take time to get to know someone, just get to the point and that's it, again this is not the best option either. I just went out with a friends of mines, one guy is attractive and not successful in life while the other guy is successful and unattractive. Guess what the guy that was attractive and not so successful in life easily spoke to women and got numbers, the successful unattractive guy had a very hard time. In NYC its all about sex appeal, attraction and desirability when it comes to getting women and women can remain like that well into her late 30s here in this city. NYC is the female version of a male sexed driven LA and Miami.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:04 AM

526 posts, read 455,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Some one repped me. I don't know who it was but I agree here with you. I just wanna say is that women in NYC do not have time or take time to get to know someone, just get to the point and that's it, again this is not the best option either. I just went out with a friends of mines, one guy is attractive and not successful in life while the other guy is successful and unattractive. Guess what the guy that was attractive and not so successful in life easily spoke to women and got numbers, the successful unattractive guy had a very hard time. In NYC its all about sex appeal, attraction and desirability when it comes to getting women and women can remain like that well into her late 30s here in this city. NYC is the female version of a male sexed driven LA and Miami.
Odd, my impression was that it was the other way round.

Maybe it's your sampling standards.

For attractive women, success/money >>>> looks. For ugly women/BBWs, looks >> success.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:09 AM

20,144 posts, read 26,425,454 times
Gotta love the juxtaposition of
1. Just go up to a woman and talk to her
and
2. The viral documentary of the streetwalker ignoring every response FOR 10 HOURS!

There is only one good answer to the old original question: the women must be eating the men. It works for black widows and praying mantises.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,742 posts, read 39,635,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
What New York women? The majority of women living in this city are recent transplants from other American cities, excluding first and second generation immigrants of course.
The bolded are the majority. Of New York City residents:

49% were born in New York State
11% in another US State
37% another country
4% a US territory (mostly Puerto Rico)

most women are not transplants, though there aren't any census numbers on second generation immigrants.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:55 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,067,308 times
more chics for the big fish to use and manipulate.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 PM

420 posts, read 783,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The bolded are the majority. Of New York City residents:

49% were born in New York State
11% in another US State
37% another country
4% a US territory (mostly Puerto Rico)

most women are not transplants, though there aren't any census numbers on second generation immigrants.
Agree. Most people in NYC aren't young transplants, in fact they make up a small percentage of the city population and many within a year or two are moved out to another (usually lower COL) city anyway.... that also makes NYC dating somewhat difficult for 20-30 something's since young people are a bit transient especially in this economy.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:48 AM

14 posts, read 9,847 times
There are more women that work and visit Manhattan but don't necessarily live here. Women like to shop more and NYC is the fashion capital of the world so that is probably why you saw more women. Its probably like 51.5 to 48.5 % population wise in Manhattan but its not a HUGE difference. Go down by Wall Street and there are a lot of businessmen ( and businesswomen too ) but I don't think you'd see that much of a gap way downtown but especially by Garment District, SoHo, TriBeCa ( fashion related neighborhoods ) you'll see more women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or