Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM

894 posts, read 2,370,410 times

Advertisements

Is this gonna turn out to be another la type situation? In staten island it's already getting crazy to a point where Latinos and blacks are fighting jut because a person is Latino or black... In my neighborhood a Latino guy got killed after a Spanish only party turned violent because some black dudes went inside

Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 PM

876 posts, read 2,136,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
Is this gonna turn out to be another la type situation? In staten island it's already getting crazy to a point where Latinos and blacks are fighting jut because a person is Latino or black... In my neighborhood a Latino guy got killed after a Spanish only party turned violent because some black dudes went inside
I would like to know if these situations the hate crime laws are used. I am under the impression that hate crime laws are only used when a white does a crime against another race.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 PM

5,720 posts, read 19,982,107 times
Quote:
Happens all over the city.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,331,890 times
Was the fight involving a woman or women?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,329,305 times
Quote:
latinos and blacks have no type of racial tension in nyc

i think the main targets are mainly Mexicans, and Mexicans arent only targeted by blacks , but they are targeted by their own latino people also.

i remember last year reading a story in the dailynews about a group of dominicans who walk in the streets of the bronx and jump random mexicans.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,747,739 times
I notice a lot of the Latinos in the city are darker. Some are even black. Where are these black latinos coming from?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 AM

and also in nyc black and latino are the same thing beside mexican.

when you walk the streets of nyc what differences do you see from a black , Dominican , rican , Honduran , Ecuadorian??

i prey nyc isn't hit with this so called black and Latino war because their is not a war and the war of black and Latinos in nyc was something of the past when we all met for the first time.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I notice a lot of the Latinos in the city are darker. Some are even black. Where are these black latinos coming from?
a lot of second and third generation puerto ricans are mixed with black.

a lot of darker dominicans tend to migrate to america.

as for Panamanians , i noticed 90 percent of them are black like black americans but if you go to the country youll notice the complete opposite.

also i noticed that alot of blacks from panama , Guatemala , and costa rica have west indian heritage mainly Jamaican.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 AM

966 posts, read 2,435,028 times
I don't know, but it could be that college students are somewhat different. I say this because as a Black college professor, I have experienced very little of this tension between myself and my Dominican. Puerto Rican, and South American (Peruvian, Ecuadorian) students and colleagues. I have, in the past, witnessed serious tensions and divisions between Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. This is my NYC experience. I have been on a leave of absence in Madison, WI, where the tensions and hostility between Blacks and Mexicans is off the charts. Have things changed in NYC so much in a year? I doubt that. I certainly hope not but would sure be open to more discussion here on this thread. What's going on, people? Has NYC jumped on the LA and Houston bandwagon?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
I don't know, but it could be that college students are somewhat different. I say this because as a Black college professor, I have experienced very little of this tension between myself and my Dominican. Puerto Rican, and South American (Peruvian, Ecuadorian) students and colleagues. I have, in the past, witnessed serious tensions and divisions between Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. This is my NYC experience. I have been on a leave of absence in Madison, WI, where the tensions and hostility between Blacks and Mexicans is off the charts. Have things changed in NYC so much in a year? I doubt that. I certainly hope not but would sure be open to more discussion here on this thread. What's going on, people? Has NYC jumped on the LA and Houston bandwagon?
nyc has no where near jumped the bandwagon...but i thought in houstan blacks and mexicans were very cool with eachother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City