U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 31,195 times

Advertisements

Hi NYC, I thought I was getting an apartment as well. I received the letter a month ago I call the nycha office every Monday and they tell me I am still on the waiting list for a interview. The computer selects the date and it's based on when the application was received and priority. I guess we will have to sit tight and wait :-). What have they told you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 PM

44 posts, read 179,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulla2 View Post
I received a letter from housing regarding 2 bedroom apartments available in a certain development and if I was interested to mail it back with the names of the occupants. I called to check the status and they tell me I am on the waiting list for an interview. This is very deceiving why would I be placed on a waiting list for a interview if they are available wouldn't they just schedule one once my respone was received. Does anyone know how this all works????? HELP :-)

how long after your interview were you told you was approved?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 AM

66 posts, read 263,222 times
Hey chulla, I received a letter from them, I have a interview set for oct 26. Did you have an interview yet?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 759 times
I live with my mom I have twins we live in a two bedroom but it's for disabled I would love my own apartment for my daughters who are both disabled they need their own room will they let me transfer or do I have to reapply with nycha

Old 08-19-2013, 03:59 AM

3 posts, read 2,273 times
NYCHA does not grant two bedroom apartment for same gender single-parent child. In their policy it is explained that as long as the parent is single the two can share the bedroom indefinitely or until the parent legally remarries and adds the new spouse to the lease. In some cases if there is criminalized discord between the parent and child housing might take into consideration an emergency transfer within the complex or grant an out of complex emergency transfer order issued by a housing court judge. I've heard rumors that NYCHA has a tenant program where a 16 year old can apply for their own apartment and by the time they turn 18 they should be ready for the young tenant can move in. I do not know the accuracy of such information because at the moment there hasn't been any need to research the rumor. If any of you know about that program, please guide me to the link, thank you.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:25 AM

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycha/downlo...r_summer05.pdf

Old 08-19-2013, 04:38 AM

NYCHA OCCUPANCY STANDARDS
The present apartment size.

1 person = Studio

Husband and Wife = 1

2 Persons same sex (regardless of age) = 1

Mother and son = 2

Father and daughter = 2

3 Persons = 2

4 Persons (same sex) = 2

Parent one sex and 3 children opposite sex = 3

Mother, 2 daughters, and 1 son = 3

Father, 2 sons, and 1 daughter = 3

Husband and wife, one female child, one male child = 3

Household with 5 or 6 members of any gender combination = 3

Household with 7 or 8 members of any gender combination = 4

Household with 9 or 10 members of any gender combination = 5

Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 522 times
I received same letter I was told they don't know how long because the computer picks the person off waiting list then I explained to them my lease is bout to be up if I could get expedite they said it could take years I went in person they smerked at me like I was crazy and told me I needed to follow instruction on site anyway the brochure state 123 steps more like 123 or6 years

Old 04-11-2016, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 308 times
Default Help!

Hello, Im in some kind of situation im currently pregnant w|a little boy. Im on my mothers lease in a two bedroom apartment whom i currently share a room with my little sister whose 19 and not on my mothers lease why ? i have no clue im guessing my mother doesnt trust noone BUT ME ... anywho Me and my boyfriend who is the childs father is staying in his mother living room as we speak because i do not have my own space and its tooooo much partying going on such as loud music and alot of smoking which i dont want my child around. me and my boyfriend are working but cant afford nothing else but the projects no shame in my game i always say i live in the projects BUT i am not the projects .. im 24 and my boyfriend is 27 any ideas or suggests!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City