U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 07:19 AM

51 posts, read 108,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbro View Post
You're planning on walking around NYC for a day in August and don't want to get sweaty? Good luck!

Make sure you check NJ Transit schedules, because the late trains are few and far between. Depending on where you're staying in Ocean Grove, you'll use either the Asbury Park or Bradley Beach station. The trip is about 1 3/4 hours on an spartan commuter train.
Thanks for the tips Carbro! Generally it has been oppressively hot there (like many areas in this most recent heat wave) but recently the temps have dropped considerably. Partly cloudy and 76 right now on Jersey Shore, with a high of 79. Perfect day for the outdoor wedding we are attending in a couple hours.

40% chance of thunderstorms on Monday (our NYC trip) with a high of 81 so far, so it might turn out pretty good!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM

Trip was great! Weather was perfect and we got a LOT of stuff checked off the itinerary. Couldn't have done it all without the tour guide. Pics later today...

Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM

Pics as promised. If anyone would like a larger size let me know.

Basically we took the ferry from NJ, went to the Top of The Rock, lunch at John's Pizza, went to Brighton Beach, Coney Island, Wall St., Ground Zero, Cathedral, Library, Central Park, Times Square, Fifth Ave, and much, much more. We packed in a lot for one day!

Arriving via Seastreak ferry from NJ.....Pier 11 Wall St.:

Central Park:

Top of The Rock overlooking Central Park:

City shot:

Empire State Building from Top of The Rock:

Leaving NJ on Ferry:

Statue of Liberty:

NYC Public Library:

One World Trade Center building in progress:

View of city from Central Park:

Time Square:

Last edited by reako; 08-04-2010 at 04:19 PM..

Old 08-06-2010, 11:56 AM

177 posts, read 349,139 times
Wow that is just fantastic how you got around so completely! And the pictures are Wonderful!! I'm so glad you had such a nice time and good weather for getting around in.
ya' did it!

Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 567 times
Default Need Help for a One-Day School Trip to NYC

I have similar questions for a school group. I have about a hundred middle-schoolers from NJ and the school would like to bring them into NYC for a one-day trip without losing any kids or having any of the teachers lose their minds. There must be companies that organize that kind of thing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM

13 posts, read 42,744 times
Really nice pictures!!!! I can't wait to move back to NJ in March.. I really miss the city!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City