U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, New York
3,674 posts, read 5,853,934 times
Reputation: 3553

Advertisements

Well, it wasn't a hate crime at all. That sweet little Mexican boy wasn't attacked for being Mexican,but was buying drugs. He lied about the attack, used the race card, and cost us a fortune in increased police security. Both sides just more scum.

Hate charges dropped against teen accused in alleged Port Richmond bias attack | SILive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2010, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,462 posts, read 8,206,113 times
Reputation: 5491
It seems to me that Mexicans or South Americans are always a target. I do not know why. Maybe is the way they dressed, like maybe they do not dresss how we dress in the states. I never heard a Dominican or a Puerto Rican getting beat up by White people or Black people in NYC. In Queens, someone left a Mexican guy in comma too. It is crazy. I also have heard some Puerto Rican guys and some Black guys beat up a Mexican too. I do not what is going on, but it is happening frequently in Queens, Staten Island, and Long Island.

Last edited by nycricanpapi; 09-16-2010 at 01:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 05:31 AM
 
Location: New York City via Austin via Chicago
939 posts, read 2,714,788 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
It seems to me that Mexicans or South Americans are always a target. I do not know why. Maybe is the way they dressed, like maybe they do not dresss how we dress in the states. I never heard a Dominican or a Puerto Rican getting beat up by White people or Black people in NYC. In Queens, someone left a Mexican guy in comma too. It is crazy. I also have heard some Puerto Rican guys and some Black guys beat up a Mexican too. I do not what is going on, but it is happening frequently in Queens, Staten Island, and Long Island.
Simple, many of the Mexicans/Central Americans are illegal or presumbed illegal. Many do service jobs that pay under the table since many aren't documented. Therefore, they're likely to carry cash on them and unlikely to go to the police due to fear of deportation. These crimes are committed more because they're presumed as easy targets, not solely due to race/ethnicity. Even in Texas, many of the Chicano-Americanized Mexicans target weaker, newer immigrant Mexicans for robberies, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 AM
 
813 posts, read 671,914 times
Reputation: 491
The same thing occurs in many other cities around the country. The majority of interracial crimes involving minorities has blacks victimizing non-black minorities. It is not only Latinos, but also Asians (South Asian and East Asian). In the end, it's not going to benefit the black community as more and more immigrants and their children having different temperament from blacks and Puerto Ricans increase in numbers in the US. They are not going to be receptive to hip hop culture and will remember when blacks attacked their friends or relatives in a brutal manner. Then the white and Jewish liberal representation will not be present to insulate African-Americans if those other minority groups try to retaliate. The best thing for the black community to do is to internally get rid of this "ghetto" elements, because the victimization card will not fly with non-whites that are struggling to make a living in a new country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,367,236 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
It seems to me that Mexicans or South Americans are always a target. I do not know why. Maybe is the way they dressed, like maybe they do not dresss how we dress in the states. I never heard a Dominican or a Puerto Rican getting beat up by White people or Black people in NYC. In Queens, someone left a Mexican guy in comma too. It is crazy. I also have heard some Puerto Rican guys and some Black guys beat up a Mexican too. I do not what is going on, but it is happening frequently in Queens, Staten Island, and Long Island.
thats the thing though puerto ricans and dominicans mentally attack mexicans to. i remember growing up with many ricans and each of them always had something nasty to say about mexicans especially the women lol.

now i have not grown with a lot of dominicans but i hear from ppl that dominicans in the bronx tend to attack mexicans. i even saw a news article on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,367,236 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Well, it wasn't a hate crime at all. That sweet little Mexican boy wasn't attacked for being Mexican,but was buying drugs. He lied about the attack, used the race card, and cost us a fortune in increased police security. Both sides just more scum.

Hate charges dropped against teen accused in alleged Port Richmond bias attack | SILive.com
thats just insane nasty. i cant beleive this story was even close to a drug deal. man if i was that mexican kid i wouldnt even have reported it just knowing that i was really in the drug trade smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,367,236 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The same thing occurs in many other cities around the country. The majority of interracial crimes involving minorities has blacks victimizing non-black minorities. It is not only Latinos, but also Asians (South Asian and East Asian). In the end, it's not going to benefit the black community as more and more immigrants and their children having different temperament from blacks and Puerto Ricans increase in numbers in the US. They are not going to be receptive to hip hop culture and will remember when blacks attacked their friends or relatives in a brutal manner. Then the white and Jewish liberal representation will not be present to insulate African-Americans if those other minority groups try to retaliate. The best thing for the black community to do is to internally get rid of this "ghetto" elements, because the victimization card will not fly with non-whites that are struggling to make a living in a new country.
o yes it will benefit the black community cause the true reality is most youths love the hip hop culture.

and the difference between those youth and you my friend is that they judge people for individuals not race.

thats really retarded to me , i remember when i was young and was jump by whites in my area but did that make me hate all white people???? no i just hated the whites who jumped me , and also because those few whites jump me doesnt make me hate white culture neither.

people need to start leaving race behind and start judging people for the individual that are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, New York
3,674 posts, read 5,853,934 times
Reputation: 3553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
thats just insane nasty. i cant beleive this story was even close to a drug deal. man if i was that mexican kid i wouldnt even have reported it just knowing that i was really in the drug trade smh.
That's what I thought. So many pro-illegals are pushing the 'poor immigrants are being attacked' bull crap.

This is just a case of one criminal against another. All should be arrested for the drug deal, the kid should had extra charges for lying and filing a false report and if he's illegal, send him back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 821,626 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
Simple, many of the Mexicans/Central Americans are illegal or presumbed illegal. Many do service jobs that pay under the table since many aren't documented. Therefore, they're likely to carry cash on them and unlikely to go to the police due to fear of deportation. These crimes are committed more because they're presumed as easy targets, not solely due to race/ethnicity. Even in Texas, many of the Chicano-Americanized Mexicans target weaker, newer immigrant Mexicans for robberies, etc.

Ehh, that's pretty much the gist of it. I think you have to omit anything having to do with Arizona or even the Mexican's legal status from the reasoning though. In cases such as these anyway. Trust me, very very few black teenagers care that they've entered their country, state, city, borough, neighborhood, building, block, etc... illegally. They know that they carry cash, are largely harmless (look at the majority of the targets, they're middle-aged) and almost never report the crimes. Mexicans are seen as human ATM machines. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a black or Puerto Rican kid talk about needing money and following it with "I'll just go rob a Mexican" (I even met a black dude in his mid-20's who said he used to shoot Mexicans in the leg in a park in Port Richmond just cause). It's been going on for as long as I can remember. You can't be fooled into thinking there is absolutely NO animosity though, these blacks don't want Mexicans in their neighborhood anymore than they'd want Asians or Indians there. And it's not really for gang or drug control reasons, they don't feel threatened by the newcomers in that aspect, they just feel like the only thing they have - their neighborhood, is being infiltrated. I was born in late 1988. Supposedly that's around the time Mexicans began coming to the neighborhood. I grew up around largely blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans. All through school I had Mexican classmates as I did Puerto Rican and black ones. Good luck driving through the neighborhood and finding blacks or Puerto Ricans hanging out with Mexicans though. It doesn't happen almost AT ALL. I can't explain it, I have nothing against any group but I feel like the overall disposition of the neighborhood is that the Mexicans shouldn't be here, even though the people mainly pushing that attitude were born after the Mexicans began arriving. They say it's always hardest on the newcomers. On the West Coast blacks coexist with Mexicans (the gang warfare doesn't count) because they're taught that that's who they share their urban space with, a lot like how blacks and Puerto Ricans/Dominicans get along in most cases in NYC. If Puerto Ricans began to arrive in LA would they face similar obstacles to the ones Mexicans face in NYC? It's possible.

And that revelation that that Mexican was actually buying weed is such a joke. He went on all them TV stations, said he was doing it to stop the attacks, was hailed as a hero and now this? And then STILL has the nerve to say it was a bias attack after the fact? I was a little suspicious when he said they called him a "wet_back" (I've never heard a black person show knowledge of that term) but gave him the benefit of the doubt. And that Terry Troia lady is the WORST! She talked about what a great kid this dude was from jump and then faced with the real story, with the perfect opportunity to say something like "Well, we're relieved to see this wasn't a bias attack, after all" she instead says it still was?! She lives to fan the flames, get a life. What if these tensions would have exploded because of this kid's lies? Makes me ill.

Btw, this post looks crazy long, lol. Smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY $$$
6,836 posts, read 12,367,236 times
Reputation: 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortRichmonder View Post
Ehh, that's pretty much the gist of it. I think you have to omit anything having to do with Arizona or even the Mexican's legal status from the reasoning though. In cases such as these anyway. Trust me, very very few black teenagers care that they've entered their country, state, city, borough, neighborhood, building, block, etc... illegally. They know that they carry cash, are largely harmless (look at the majority of the targets, they're middle-aged) and almost never report the crimes. Mexicans are seen as human ATM machines. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a black or Puerto Rican kid talk about needing money and following it with "I'll just go rob a Mexican" (I even met a black dude in his mid-20's who said he used to shoot Mexicans in the leg in a park in Port Richmond just cause). It's been going on for as long as I can remember. You can't be fooled into thinking there is absolutely NO animosity though, these blacks don't want Mexicans in their neighborhood anymore than they'd want Asians or Indians there. And it's not really for gang or drug control reasons, they don't feel threatened by the newcomers in that aspect, they just feel like the only thing they have - their neighborhood, is being infiltrated. I was born in late 1988. Supposedly that's around the time Mexicans began coming to the neighborhood. I grew up around largely blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans. All through school I had Mexican classmates as I did Puerto Rican and black ones. Good luck driving through the neighborhood and finding blacks or Puerto Ricans hanging out with Mexicans though. It doesn't happen almost AT ALL. I can't explain it, I have nothing against any group but I feel like the overall disposition of the neighborhood is that the Mexicans shouldn't be here, even though the people mainly pushing that attitude were born after the Mexicans began arriving. They say it's always hardest on the newcomers. On the West Coast blacks coexist with Mexicans (the gang warfare doesn't count) because they're taught that that's who they share their urban space with, a lot like how blacks and Puerto Ricans/Dominicans get along in most cases in NYC. If Puerto Ricans began to arrive in LA would they face similar obstacles to the ones Mexicans face in NYC? It's possible.

And that revelation that that Mexican was actually buying weed is such a joke. He went on all them TV stations, said he was doing it to stop the attacks, was hailed as a hero and now this? And then STILL has the nerve to say it was a bias attack after the fact? I was a little suspicious when he said they called him a "wet_back" (I've never heard a black person show knowledge of that term) but gave him the benefit of the doubt. And that Terry Troia lady is the WORST! She talked about what a great kid this dude was from jump and then faced with the real story, with the perfect opportunity to say something like "Well, we're relieved to see this wasn't a bias attack, after all" she instead says it still was?! She lives to fan the flames, get a life. What if these tensions would have exploded because of this kid's lies? Makes me ill.

Btw, this post looks crazy long, lol. Smh.
the kid is an idiot if i were a drug dealer and attacked i would of ran away and not reported squash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top