U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:47 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,331,014 times

Advertisements

I feel a need to respond to the violence encompassing the Port Richmond area of Staten Island, an area not considered to be among the better ones.

There have been several incidents of violence against Hispanics illegals and NOT ILLEGALS, that have saddened me. And most of the violence have been committed by one specific race group. The same race group that caused havoc against the Hispanics in Plainfield, New Jersey, and that went on for several years, until Geraldo Rivera publicized it on his show, and forced the police to intervene and take action against this group.

As a professional working in Plainfield, New Jersey, I saw victims of good families being brought to the Emergency Room in comas. There was a family of four, the father was hit with a bat, and rendered unconscious for over three months. The attacked happened in front of his wife, who was also attacked, when she tried to help her husband, and their two small-children. This people were BORN AMERICANS, established for many years in their community, and excellent citizens. He became a quadraplegic, unable to support his family................This incident teared me away.

What has always baffled me is the amount of time that took to bring the perpetrators to justice, while the attacks with bats continued.................and nothing was done by the police to stop them...........these incidents went on for several years............

I just hope that the local Staten Island Police get on top of this issue, and bring the perpetrators to justice, as SOON AS POSSIBLE................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,851,772 times
I hope so too. I live near that area and have heard gunshots more than once. But what you may also not realize is that there are also a lot of attacks on Non-hispanics, many who have lived there for decades. I wonder why THAT is never reported in the papers????

There is also extensive Gang activity there, which is hindering the police. Non hispanics from outside the area don't even go into the area to shop anymore. I miss shopping there, but dare not go.

I'm afraid it will get much worse before it will get better.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:35 PM

2,899 posts, read 8,304,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I feel a need to respond to the violence encompassing the Port Richmond area of Staten Island, an area not considered to be among the better ones.

There have been several incidents of violence against Hispanics illegals and NOT ILLEGALS, that have saddened me. And most of the violence have been committed by one specific race group. The same race group that caused havoc against the Hispanics in Plainfield, New Jersey, and that went on for several years, until Geraldo Rivera publicized it on his show, and forced the police to intervene and take action against this group.

As a professional working in Plainfield, New Jersey, I saw victims of good families being brought to the Emergency Room in comas. There was a family of four, the father was hit with a bat, and rendered unconscious for over three months. The attacked happened in front of his wife, who was also attacked, when she tried to help her husband, and their two small-children. This people were BORN AMERICANS, established for many years in their community, and excellent citizens. He became a quadraplegic, unable to support his family................This incident teared me away.

What has always baffled me is the amount of time that took to bring the perpetrators to justice, while the attacks with bats continued.................and nothing was done by the police to stop them...........these incidents went on for several years............

I just hope that the local Staten Island Police get on top of this issue, and bring the perpetrators to justice, as SOON AS POSSIBLE................
Hmmmm...just curious how you feel about the incidents occurring in places other than Staten Island---which are not instigated by "one specific race group"----wink, wink, hint, hint. If you're going to say a thing, then be bold and honest to speak outright.

I'd also wonder how you feel regarding the fact that immigration, specifically the hispanic kind, both legal and illegal competes with "one specific race group" more than others.

I just hope our politicians wake up and begin to act in the interest of our citizens before the interest of non-citizens!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Hmmmm...just curious how you feel about the incidents occurring in places other than Staten Island---which are not instigated by "one specific race group"----wink, wink, hint, hint. If you're going to say a thing, then be bold and honest to speak outright.

I'd also wonder how you feel regarding the fact that immigration, specifically the hispanic kind, both legal and illegal competes with "one specific race group" more than others.

I just hope our politicians wake up and begin to act in the interest of our citizens before the interest of non-citizens!!!
I am for the good guys----always. I believe in what is correct, something that has gotten lost in our present society.............To answer your questions: What happens in the WORLD where one innocent person is taken advantage of, and hurt in any possible way, upsets me deeply, but I cannot put the world on my shoulders...........therefore, I chose this particular subject, because it is something I have been familiar with in my professional endeavors, and something that is happening here in New York, unfortunately........too often.

One is not allowed to be BOLD AND HONEST in this forum. Believe me, I can tell it like it is........however, I do not wish this thread to be closed, because the message has to be brought across into the open, for the violence to stop.

I am just wondering how HISPANIC LEGAL immigration competes with one race group more than others? Please........."If you are going to say a thing, be bold and honest and speak outright!!!!!!"..........but not too honest because I do not want the thread CLOSED!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
I am for the good guys----always. I believe in what is correct, something that has gotten lost in our present society.............To answer your questions: What happens in the WORLD where one innocent person is taken advantage of, and hurt in any possible way, upsets me deeply, but I cannot put the world on my shoulders...........therefore, I chose this particular subject, because it is something I have been familiar with in my professional endeavors, and something that is happening here in New York, unfortunately........too often.

One is not allowed to be BOLD AND HONEST in this forum. Believe me, I can tell it like it is........however, I do not wish this thread to be closed, because the message has to be brought across into the open, for the violence to stop.

I am just wondering how HISPANIC LEGAL immigration competes with one race group more than others? Please........."If you are going to say a thing, be bold and honest and speak outright!!!!!!"..........but not too honest because I do not want the thread CLOSED!!!!!!!!!
Tell me, are you just as 'sad' when a white or black is attacked by a Hispanic?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Tell me, are you just as 'sad' when a white or black is attacked by a Hispanic?
Please, read the first sentence to my reply to JColtrone, and you would get my answer.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM

615 posts, read 419,998 times
More proof the "melting pot" and "diversity" are a pile of crap. The powers that be want everyone to water down their culture, and adopt a trashy MTV type culture. The blacks are probably used to dealing with Hispanics like Puerto Ricans who've basically adopted the Black American culture, while Mexicans haven't, atleast not yet.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:08 PM

1,810 posts, read 6,199,279 times
Violence in society had been going on since the caveman days, there is very little that you and I can do to stop it. There will be always be hate amongst the various races and between rich and poor. How many kids do you have already Latina7? just wondering....

I despise the rich with a passion but I will not resort to violence obviously,I will celebrate when I read about something bad happening to any rich person because they deserve it for having it too good in life.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 PM

19,136 posts, read 32,666,756 times
racial issues have always been prevalent on staten island, whether its between black and hispanic, or caucasian and black, etc. thats why its my least favorite borough to be honest. i am partial to the mall however.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Violence in society had been going on since the caveman days, there is very little that you and I can do to stop it. There will be always be hate amongst the various races and between rich and poor. How many kids do you have already Latina7? just wondering....

I despise the rich with a passion but I will not resort to violence obviously,I will celebrate when I read about something bad happening to any rich person because they deserve it for having it too good in life.
I have only two children, by choice, because I wanted to EDUCATED them......one like me, is a doctor, and the other one is a barrister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or