U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM

116 posts, read 293,841 times

Advertisements

Windsor Terrace is a good suggestion. Particularly as you get further down Prospect Park Southwest Also try Kensington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 12:13 PM

10 posts, read 17,637 times
Knh39, how safe is Clinton Hill at night? I get out of class pretty late and would have to walk home by myself a lot. I've heard mixed reviews, and I've never been to that area.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM

Also, I've noticed more apts in my price range around prospect heights but east of Classon... Is that area also nice or is it more dangerous? Windsor Terrace seems like a great option! Thanks for all your suggestions...

Old 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM

242 posts, read 1,001,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocaknows View Post
Knh39, how safe is Clinton Hill at night? I get out of class pretty late and would have to walk home by myself a lot. I've heard mixed reviews, and I've never been to that area.
I feel really safe- I'm a grad student and I regularly get off the subway at around 10 pm. I also walk my dog in the area right around my house right before bed (at midnight usually) and I always feel fine. The neighborhood is a nice mix of students (Pratt and St. Josephs are both right in the area), and families. I currently live on the border of Fort Greene and Clinton Hill and I love the area immediately surrounding me- have never felt unsafe. My boyfriend also used to live on Franklin and Myrtle and I was super comfortable with his area too. I feel slightly less comfortable around classon and lafayette and south from there. The area south of there feels more deserted at night to me which makes me a bit uncomfortable, and the projects on classon and lafayette are known to be kinda rough.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM

242 posts, read 1,001,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocaknows View Post
Also, I've noticed more apts in my price range around prospect heights but east of Classon... Is that area also nice or is it more dangerous? Windsor Terrace seems like a great option! Thanks for all your suggestions...
I like that area too- there are some really pretty houses over there and Vanderbilt south of Atlantic has a ton of restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:53 PM

Thanks, knh39. That´ll be useful info for the apt hunt next week!

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM

244 posts, read 577,414 times
Sorry (not really) to say this, but, . .
as I'm typing this, there are 2 dogs barking their heads off outside my window
and I just want to kill them, . . no, . . kill the owners.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,695 times
i just got back from nyc apartment hunting with a dog friendly area in mind. hoboken NJ was by far the best place i found for dogs. i have never seen so many people walking dogs in my life. several dog runs along the river, lots of areas with grass, and you can get a decent sized 1 bedroom from 1500-1600. also, the commute via path, bus, or ferry is not bad at all... 15 minutes to get to pretty much anywhere in nyc from my experience this last week.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM

244 posts, read 577,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeNYCdude View Post
hoboken NJ was by far the best place i found for dogs.
Thanks for the warning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or