Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Future View Post
@BD2
I didt get a PJ vibe form the photos, and the website looked pretty good - I liked what they had to say about keeping a sense of community - I thin kit was all the past posts about geing "away from WP road" and Dont EVER go past Allerton" Not by you specificalay, just other posters general consensus - no that being close to Coop City & Edenwald helps any - I dont know 3 bd room for 95K - seems too good to be true - and yes if this wsa on the UES or CPW Id drop dear cause id br 1.5M or better.

I did however find this place and we DO have the 10% down + a few K on top of that
1475 Thieriot Avenue #2M, Bronx NY - Trulia

looks good - has an elevator and I beleive it is in the Archer Coop - what I read about Archer seemed good too... am I wrong
I think the building on Thieriot is pretty decent but I've never been inside.Thieriot is right next to but not actually part of Parkchester.It's just outside the Parkchester complex.I think the building is smaller and a little quieter than a typical Parkchester building and it's co op whereas Parkchester is condo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 05:10 PM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Well if the RE ever gets back to us I'll let you know! -
The listing says the area is Park Versailles - never heard of it. But that will hopefully work in my favor.

The pix of the onside always look good, so i take the w/ a grain of salt - but I like the sq footage - its a true 2 bedroom and it has an elevator.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Well if the RE ever gets back to us I'll let you know! -
The listing says the area is Park Versailles - never heard of it. But that will hopefully work in my favor.

The pix of the onside always look good, so i take the w/ a grain of salt - but I like the sq footage - its a true 2 bedroom and it has an elevator.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Park Versailles is an old Bronx neighborhood name so Thieriot Ave is in Park Versailles.The whole Eastern part of the old neighborhood of Park Versailles and another neighborhood called Westchester Heights were leveled and developed into Park(from Park Versailles)chester(from Westchester Heights) =Parkchester.

I love the fact that Park Versailles is a Bronx neighborhood.It's really funny.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I'm bumping this thread because I need to hear the truth about this listing.
I am finding out that everything in my price range is either in a hell hole/ or in the middle of nowhere.

814 Tilden Street #4J, Bronx NY - Trulia

Ok folks, whats the deal with this area/ Is that a HUGE project across from the building? If the mgmt is asking for income requirements in the 80K - whats the story??
Article in today's NYT about this exact area:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/re.../20living.html

Old 02-20-2011, 12:01 PM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Thanks BD - I'm glad to see the area is coming up - but I'm no Laura Ingles - I prefer to move into an established area- Im WAY too sensitive....I had my heart set on Bronxdale - but now Im all about Park Versailles!

Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
I'm bumping this thread because I need to hear the truth about this listing.
I am finding out that everything in my price range is either in a hell hole/ or in the middle of nowhere.

814 Tilden Street #4J, Bronx NY - Trulia

Ok folks, whats the deal with this area/ Is that a HUGE project across from the building? If the mgmt is asking for income requirements in the 80K - whats the story??
$95K for 3 BRs and 2 bath!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
$95K for 3 BRs and 2 bath!
I bump this up. You got a 3BR for $95K, in this city. From the pics, the unit looks good (now, of course, one has to do the inspection).

While I understand that that building is down the block from Gun Hill PJ's, I will dare say that that neighborhood is not as bad as people think, at least not Brownsville-East New York bad.

One has a 3BR at that price, and is near the subway. By the way, MTA is running the 5 trains express to and from Gun Hill Road, which makes that property more valuable!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
That has me scratching my head...95K for a NICE 3 bedroom apartment according to the pictures. Even in crapola parts of town that is an intriguing deal.
There is no mention of the MAINTENANCE amount...it could be very high?

The 80K-100K income range lkead me to believe that there is a government program involved, otherwise there is no need fot a TOP income requirement.

Earlier poster's reply about the building being a Michell Lama buyout may be onto something. Usually the maintenance fees will soar when a ML co-op goes private.

Looking a bit deeper it seems that only 177 coop units in the BRONX have ever left ML of Limited Dividend programs. That sounds like only a single building.

I checked out the SURREY COOPS and the website says that they take no money from state cityy or federal, although they are surrounded by Mitchell Lama housing. The 95K price is legit (70-95K based on condition) and the floor plan is AMAZING.
http://www.surreycoop.com/Surrey_FloorPlans.pdf

Hmmm, what is it they say about deals that look too good to be true?

Last edited by Kefir King; 11-26-2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,239 times
@ Vic Future, I own, live and am selling a co-op on that exact block that you posted a link about.....(Thieriot Ave). It's a 1 bedroom and I'm asking $90,000 negotiable. It's a top floor, corner unit, with the best neighbors anyone can ask for living on that floor. If you, or anybody else is interested.......call Anthony at (347) 414-0167.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Wakefield varies on a block by block basis. It depends on where you look. Same with Williamsburg. Typically the trouble spots are near White Plains Road, I would avoid living on those streets due to the level of drug activity. Archer St on the other hand is terrible, very poor and run down corridor just outside of Parkchester. Lots of drug activity in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City