U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM

6,836 posts, read 13,500,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post
I was reading some articles and heard from a few friends of mine of both races/ethnicities that there is problems between the two groups in the neighborhoods and high schools. Here is what I came across online;

The Bronx is home to roughly 26,000 Albanians, and their numbers have swelled in recent years with the flight of ethnic Albanians from the wars in the former Yugoslavia. Some Albanian students said the administration was quick to blame them, rather than black and Hispanic students, for any problems among ethnic groups. Most of those suspended and arrested, they said, were Albanians.

Although neither Columbus nor Lehman is besieged by violence, there are gang flare-ups outside the schools, the majority of them escalating from small misunderstandings. In the most recent one, which took place six weeks ago outside Lehman, the Bloods, who claim the colors red and black as their own, spotted a teen-ager outside the school wearing a red and black Albanian flag as a bandanna.

It became a matter of honor: Blood pride versus the sort of ethnic identification that led young Albanian-Americans to Kosovo to battle Serbs. The fight engulfed about 15 students. One of them, an African-American Blood member, was badly beaten and hospitalized.

Mr. Leder said another brawl began on Dec. 13 when a couple of Albanian students, whom the administrators did not identify, tried to yank a silver pendant from the neck of a Hispanic student. Several fights broke out in the hallways, involving Albanian, black and Hispanic students. Some Lehman students said both sides agreed to meet later to fight outside the school, where the arrests took place.

''They're a bunch of racists, all of them,'' said John, a 19-year-old Albanian and Lehman senior who did not want his last name published for fear of retribution. ''The kids think because we're white we're not going to fight back, but where we are from we have to fight to survive. And the principal's with them because they're on the football and basketball team.''

The Albanian students said they were simply coming to the aid of friends. ''We stick together,'' said Ylli Mujaj, a 15-year-old freshman. ''We give as good as we get.''

Some black and Hispanic students at Lehman said it was not that the Albanians were pushed away, but rather that they chose to stand apart. ''The Albanians think they're better than everyone else,'' said Tina Feliciano, a 17-year-old Lehman student who was standing with her friends in front of the White Castle. ''They want to be the only group left in this school and they are trying to take over.''

''We don't bother nobody,'' said an Albanian student, who is in his fifth year at Lehman. ''We just like to have fun. But if they do bother us, we go after them. If we have to, we fight them, we aren't scared at all.''

Historically, there have been several incidents in the neighborhoods of the two schools. In two separate bias incidents in 2002, black and Hispanic children en route to local high schools were accosted by Albanian teen-agers who identified themselves as members of A.B.I. and tried to paint them white, investigators said. In another incident, which took place outside Columbus four years ago, two teen-agers were hospitalized after a brawl between Albanian youths and members of the Zulu Nation street gang.

thoughts?
the last time i checked most white people stereotypically speaking hated albanians because they thought that Albanians tried to hard to act black/latino or loved black/latino.

and i thought that same thing stood for the bronx to.

here in brooklyn Albanians all get along with blacks , love listening to rap music and dressing urban.

and albanian women love dating interracial with blacks and hispanics.

well from my point of view anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post

YouTube - A.B.I Crew - Na Jem A.B.I [Video]

Thats one of the Albanian gangs in the Bronx that they are talking about "ABI".
so their racist but are rapping and dressing urban? makes plenty of sense to me

Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitout View Post
Albanians have problems with everybody, not just Blacks/Hispanics. Take a look at Europe, wherever there are Albanians there are trouble aka criminal activities and plain violence. They don't possess the ability of integration/assimilation but instead they tend to form "ghettos" of their own people in the neighborhood.
i dont stereotype people but what your saying kind of makes sense, because most white people i notice seem to have issues with albanians.

i remember seeing online that this blogger wrote "albanians are white on the outside but black on the inside" hahah , crazy stuff.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM

40 posts, read 194,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
the last time i checked most white people stereotypically speaking hated albanians because they thought that Albanians tried to hard to act black/latino or loved black/latino.

and i thought that same thing stood for the bronx to.

here in brooklyn Albanians all get along with blacks , love listening to rap music and dressing urban.

and albanian women love dating interracial with blacks and hispanics.

well from my point of view anyway.
Lol. Trust me Albanians are very racist people, they think they are better than everybody. I went to school with plenty, they are just like those articles said. They start a lot of problems, I for one have never seen an Albanian girl without an Albanian man, thats against their culture, but I have seen Albanian dudes with other women(they are men what do you expect). Also "urban" isn't black its urban...lol. Most youths from the Bronx dress like that, Irish, Italian, Dominican, Rican, Cambodian, Black, Albanian, Palestinian, Vietnamese, African. They all do, its not a 'black' thing its a city thing, its where they are from, 'the hood' if you were from the hood you would know that too..... You must have Albanians mixed up with Italians because they look similar but they are very different, they shoot guns off at birthday parties for gods sake as part of 'tradition', they are very wrapped in culture, Albanian women almost never would date outside of an Albanian never mind a Black or Hispanic, they aren't very Americanized, many don't speak English, the Albanians in the Bronx come from the war ridden region of Kosovo, that is probably one of the most dangerous places in the world, many Albanians were killed, raped and enslaved. The Bronx is like a resort to them compared to Kosovo.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
so their racist but are rapping and dressing urban? makes plenty of sense to me
Umm.. Don't Dominicans rap and dress urban? I know plenty of racist Dominicans and some are even pretty dark!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
i dont stereotype people but what your saying kind of makes sense, because most white people i notice seem to have issues with albanians.

i remember seeing online that this blogger wrote "albanians are white on the outside but black on the inside" hahah , crazy stuff.
Isn't that the same thing they called Irish people?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM

40,051 posts, read 31,569,719 times
Whatever is happening with the Bronx Albanians, it's not exclusive to that part of the city. As a matter of fact, you can see pretty much the same thing wherever there's an enclave community. The Hasidic Jewish community in Crown Heights is another good example.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:06 PM

943 posts, read 3,950,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxCambo193rd View Post
Lol. Trust me Albanians are very racist people, they think they are better than everybody. I went to school with plenty, they are just like those articles said. They start a lot of problems, I for one have never seen an Albanian girl without an Albanian man, thats against their culture, but I have seen Albanian dudes with other women(they are men what do you expect). Also "urban" isn't black its urban...lol. Most youths from the Bronx dress like that, Irish, Italian, Dominican, Rican, Cambodian, Black, Albanian, Palestinian, Vietnamese, African. They all do, its not a 'black' thing its a city thing, its where they are from, 'the hood' if you were from the hood you would know that too..... You must have Albanians mixed up with Italians because they look similar but they are very different, they shoot guns off at birthday parties for gods sake as part of 'tradition', they are very wrapped in culture, Albanian women almost never would date outside of an Albanian never mind a Black or Hispanic, they aren't very Americanized, many don't speak English, the Albanians in the Bronx come from the war ridden region of Kosovo, that is probably one of the most dangerous places in the world, many Albanians were killed, raped and enslaved. The Bronx is like a resort to them compared to Kosovo.
I was chomping at the bit waiting to respond to this thread, but I must admit it is great when someone covers all of the bases and saves me the time. Great post.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:58 PM

84 posts, read 308,943 times
Haha, well I heard everyone in the Bronx is at least a little 'hood. Especially the Italians and Albanians.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxCambo193rd View Post
come on dude i think you know what i mean by urban clothing. italains and irish don't dress similar to blacks , but Albanians do , the music video posted shows it.

but your right its a city thing , but certain ethnic groups arent similar to others when it comes to fashion.

and also hear in brooklyn a lot of albanian girls date black and latino men, but when it comes marriage they better find a Albanian man quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or