U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM

6,836 posts, read 13,500,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Whatever is happening with the Bronx Albanians, it's not exclusive to that part of the city. As a matter of fact, you can see pretty much the same thing wherever there's an enclave community. The Hasidic Jewish community in Crown Heights is another good example.
the jewish community in crown heights is pretty stable. the jews there aren't crazy.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 PM

594 posts, read 1,482,363 times
Based on my experiences with Albanians I'd have to say that they probably are being racist. When I lived in Boston I worked with a bunch of Albanians and they used to talk so much trash about people of other races and whenever something happened to them it was always discrimination "because they're Albanian"...nobody cares if you're Albanian, most people hear you talk and think you're Russian, so shut up with that!!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM

3,035 posts, read 3,879,472 times
There's a decent amount of Albanians in Bedford Park, and I haven't noticed any tensions (but I'm not in high school). They seem very family oriented, and tend to keep to themselves. I see lots of Albanian women at the playground, but there's only one Albanian woman I speak to regularly, although the other women seem nice enough. They look after their children well (which unfortunately I can't say for everyone).

Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 AM

355 posts, read 818,907 times
Don't kids in high school always seperate pretty much based on race/ethnicity? And therefore if you live in an even blue collar area or even regular middle class area this means fighting alongside your group?

Not to sound bad but kids fight in high school. Its just a sad fact. I didnt go to a bad/ghetto high school at all graduated 05, but it had over 3,000 kids. It was in Indianapolis so we only had blacks whites and mexican but it was 40 % black 50% white and 10% hispanic. We all got along in school but everytime there was a party or something we all got along for a while but when a fight started between and it was black vs white you would automatically side next to "your" group.

As recently as 1996 I think, there was a full blown race riot at the same school. Although I have to be honest I see it getting alot better in my area now. And the fights were definatley between the more ghetto/white trash kids in school. The good kids minded their business.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 PM

224 posts, read 1,014,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
come on dude i think you know what i mean by urban clothing. italains and irish don't dress similar to blacks , but Albanians do , the music video posted shows it.

but your right its a city thing , but certain ethnic groups arent similar to others when it comes to fashion.

and also hear in brooklyn a lot of albanian girls date black and latino men, but when it comes marriage they better find a Albanian man quick.
Italians and Irish don't dress like that? i'm 100% irish, born, raised and live in washington heights and i dressed like that when i was younger, blue yankee fitted, celtic cross chain, baggy jeans, air force ones, matching shirts. i don't consider dressing black and i would never say that, i say dressing nice or 'fresh' not black. like BronxCambo said its more of city thing. did you ever see how guidos dress btw?
I also got a few tattoos that I DEEPLY regret getting...but u cant take tattoos away lol =P

Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM

63,257 posts, read 88,759,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitout View Post
Albanians have problems with everybody, not just Blacks/Hispanics. Take a look at Europe, wherever there are Albanians there are trouble aka criminal activities and plain violence. They don't possess the ability of integration/assimilation but instead they tend to form "ghettos" of their own people in the neighborhood.
I've heard this about Serbs too, but keep in mind that a Bosnian(which we have quite a few in this part of the state) told me this.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Also did anyone hear of this gang? The Irish Hoods? I found details on them:

A vicious Irish-american gang based in NYC, mainly in the Bronx and Upper Manhattan, also founds in areas of Brooklyn, Queens and Yonkers, NY. Some suggest they are an off-shoot of the violent Westies gang, and sometimes are called the 'Lil Westies'. They are usually seen wearing dark green and many members have tattoos of the Shamrock, Celtic Cross, or sayings in Gaelic . They're main rivals are Most Black gangs, and The Trinitarios and they are allied with numerous Mexican, Italian and Albanian gangs throughout the Bronx. They do roll deep, usually 10 or more, and they also attack on random with their signature 'Stomping out' and they also attack with baseball bats and switch-blades, most members also carry 9 millies. they are a primarily young gang with many members still in High School. There are an estimated 500something Irish Hood members in the NY area, they are known as one of the most unpredictable, violent gangs around and they're heavy in the Woodlawn, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Van Cortlandt, Riverdale, and parts of Pelham Pkwy areas of the Bronx, Yonkers and Northern Manhattan.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Irish Hood member
Attached Thumbnails
Is there problems between the Albanians and Blacks/Hispanics in the Bronx?-127-1-.jpg  

Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM

They were established in the 1980s as a "Bronx version" of the Westies. They only had 70 members until the 90s then more and more started joining rapidly during the 90s and early 2000k. Most members are Irish-American with a small Italian minority. There are over 500 Irish Hoods in the bronx, manhattan, yonkers and queens. They were started to protect their 'blocks' now they sell drugs, commit murder, jump people, offer protection for money, sell fire-arms and i read that 5 members of IH were arrested a few weeks ago for viciously gang-raping a rival Trinitario gang members MOTHER and slicing her throat in an attempt to scare the trinitarios. They aren't one of those 'good guy' gangs, they are animals just like any other gang member. the days of the Fordham Baldies are long gone I could see. Raping someones mother...despicable. they should be sentenced to life in prison. dirtbags.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 PM

40 posts, read 194,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post
They were established in the 1980s as a "Bronx version" of the Westies. They only had 70 members until the 90s then more and more started joining rapidly during the 90s and early 2000k. Most members are Irish-American with a small Italian minority. There are over 500 Irish Hoods in the bronx, manhattan, yonkers and queens. They were started to protect their 'blocks' now they sell drugs, commit murder, jump people, offer protection for money, sell fire-arms and i read that 5 members of IH were arrested a few weeks ago for viciously gang-raping a rival Trinitario gang members MOTHER and slicing her throat in an attempt to scare the trinitarios. They aren't one of those 'good guy' gangs, they are animals just like any other gang member. the days of the Fordham Baldies are long gone I could see. Raping someones mother...despicable. they should be sentenced to life in prison. dirtbags.
Yup, I remember when that whole beef started. It was over green they both wear green and they started a brutal war over it. Irish Hoods probably have more weight in the North Bronx but in the rest of the Bronx they dont have nothing compared to the Trinitarios. I heard about the Irish Hoods, they are some bad dudes, I heard theyre affiliated with MS-13. But theyve been going at with Trinitarios for a long time and Trinitarios have over 1000 members in just NYC, Irish Hoods have 500. Both of them are animals, I know for a fact, I was jumped by the Trinis before they are all sick thugs with no regard for life and belong locked up with the key thrown away. My friend used to live in Bainbridge a big Irish Hood location he said when he went down a certain block he got the worst stares ever and he was Rican, he said one night he got off the train 2 Irish Hoods with masks attacked him and stomped him out and even after he gave them his wallet, and he said he would give them anything just let him go, he has a daughter and one of these punks still pulled out a blade and was going to stab him, he was so lucky that a cop came down the street, they jetted out of there. but not without bruising his lung, breaking his nose and smashing his head on the pavement. he had to be hospitalized. all of these dudes of animals and need to put be in jail. by the way heres the Trinitarios Gangland special on the History channel, it shows just how brutal they are and what we're dealing with.

YouTube - Gangland : Machete Slaughter (Trinitario) Part 1 of 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or