U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 11:17 AM

65 posts, read 426,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Mmm kay. A savage bunch, huh? Countless Irish-Americans, like the Kennedys, Reagan and Obama, wow, really primitive people. That St. Patrick's Day Parade, what a bloodbath! All those cops, teachers, and fire-fighters, what a bunch of crazy hoodlums!

Gosh! The Irish -- what are we gonna do with 'em.

MrG, if the Irish aren't white, please, go out to the beach and see Irish people in their swimsuits. The color of their legs will blind you it's so white.

Just curious, who DO you like? Or are you just an equal-opportunity h8er?
Lol, I was obviously joking. I honestly never heard of that gang he was talking about, I wouldn't be suprised if they were around though, because I know some Irish-American sections of the Bronx have been there for a long, long time, (I've lived in NY all of my life, I'm a 3rd generation NYer of Italian descent), and they get caught up in crime as well, think about it, Irish have been here longer then anybody else, and some still live in poorer communities, some may start street gangs, just like any other ethnic group would. I love Irish-Americans, I was honestly kidding, I meant to put a rolling-eyes thing at the end of it and a sarcasam thing. My brother-in-law is 100% Irish-American, and hes just like an Italian LOL. Irish never get enough credit IMO, I really apologize, I was trying to make light of the other posters comment.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 01:01 PM

8,830 posts, read 21,380,047 times
So far it seems from most of the posts on this thread that it's not that Albanians have a problem with black or hispanic people but that some black and hispanic people have problems with Albanians.

As one who lives in the middle of the biggest of all Albanian neighborhoods I can say that all I see are very decent,respectful,hard working people who don't seem to cause any trouble at all.I have never seen any evidence of Albanian gangs and i don't see Albanian kids hanging out causing any trouble.
As a South Bronx teacher I can say that the Albanian kids are hardworking and totally respectful and are never the one's who cause trouble in my school.And the Albanian parents are very involved and concerned with what is going on with their kids.
Who cares if Albanian girls only date Albanian boys but Albanian boys will date black or hispanic girls but only marry Albanian girls.That's just ridiculous to even care about things like that.
The Albanians are an amazingly disciplined and successful group.They start business,buy apartment buildings,keep their kids in line and work hard to keep their neighborhoods up.
That's how i see it and I'm not Albanian,believe me.
Maybe there is some resentment on the part of some others that the Albanians have been so successful in such a short period of time ?
A lot of the criticism sounds like schoolyard BS to me.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 PM

YouTube - A.B.I. Iz Back

There are two albanian gangs in the bronx ABI which stands for Albanian Boys Inc. (which is in shown the video above) and TBA which stands for The Bloody Albos from what ive read ABI is more American albanians and TBA is more of albanians straight from Kosovo theyre both huge in the Bronx and founded in the Bronx, theyre also in other states and Albania now. Theyre Allied together

Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 PM

YouTube - Unikkatil - E Premte (2007)

This is TBA

Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
So far it seems from most of the posts on this thread that it's not that Albanians have a problem with black or hispanic people but that some black and hispanic people have problems with Albanians.

As one who lives in the middle of the biggest of all Albanian neighborhoods I can say that all I see are very decent,respectful,hard working people who don't seem to cause any trouble at all.I have never seen any evidence of Albanian gangs and i don't see Albanian kids hanging out causing any trouble.
As a South Bronx teacher I can say that the Albanian kids are hardworking and totally respectful and are never the one's who cause trouble in my school.And the Albanian parents are very involved and concerned with what is going on with their kids.
Who cares if Albanian girls only date Albanian boys but Albanian boys will date black or hispanic girls but only marry Albanian girls.That's just ridiculous to even care about things like that.
The Albanians are an amazingly disciplined and successful group.They start business,buy apartment buildings,keep their kids in line and work hard to keep their neighborhoods up.
That's how i see it and I'm not Albanian,believe me.
Maybe there is some resentment on the part of some others that the Albanians have been so successful in such a short period of time ?
A lot of the criticism sounds like schoolyard BS to me.
I agree and Albanians are the type who arent scared of much and wont back down. I know many some of the poorer ones are a bit wilder then blacks/hispanics though. Tough ppl

Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 PM

281 posts, read 1,125,501 times
I don't know what the gang scene is in the Bronx or Lehman HS,but I do know that the Albanians as a group are able to take care of themselves in NYC. I would think the Albanians would have no choice but to organize (form a gang or gangs) in order to battle the skells who more than likely initiated the problem with threats of robbery an intimidation.I have met a few Albanians and they are big, crazy,smart and connected in their own way.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM

224 posts, read 1,014,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
I don't know what the gang scene is in the Bronx or Lehman HS,but I do know that the Albanians as a group are able to take care of themselves in NYC. I would think the Albanians would have no choice but to organize (form a gang or gangs) in order to battle the skells who more than likely initiated the problem with threats of robbery an intimidation.I have met a few Albanians and they are big, crazy,smart and connected in their own way.
Yeah thats true, but I went to school with some as well, when theres large groups of them, they tend to try a 'hostile take over' of schools and neighorhoods.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM

8,749 posts, read 16,687,315 times
And what group doesn't have a history of such High School shenanigans coolchris? Albanians are following the same path as every other newbie group in NYC..why are you instigating a problem?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 PM

224 posts, read 1,014,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
And what group doesn't have a history of such High School shenanigans coolchris? Albanians are following the same path as every other newbie group in NYC..why are you instigating a problem?
"Newbie group" i like that, I might use that.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM

8,749 posts, read 16,687,315 times
It has been patented and trademarked...everytime you use it you have to pay me $100 bucks. Please send the check payable to "SobroGuy". Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or