Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM

413 posts, read 437,468 times

Advertisements

I'm black I remember going to Lehman for summer school around that time 2000/2001 and I remember hearing alot about the tension or beef between Albanians and Blacks/Latinos everybody was always kind of on guard I would have thought alot of that stuff died down by now.....we heard that Albanians where racist and all that just like I'm sure they heard stuff about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 04:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,875 times
Default Bull****

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreatness555 View Post
Oh I agree 100%. I live among many Albanians in Belmont, they aren't the greatest 'neighbors' their extremely loud and just love to start trouble. I was robbed at knife-point by some Albanians on Hughes Avenue, a block thats known for mostly Puerto Ricans. It's like Albanians can move in anywhere, they could care less about how ghetto/dangerous, theyre willing to go toe-to-toe with any group and thats it. An Albanian guy owns a pizza shop around the corner from me, I was talking to him one night and he said when people try to rob the store he won't call the cops, he'll reach under the counter for his rifle or 45 caliber gun, and that the robbers 'don't know what their getting themselves into' I laughed with him of course and though in my head, this guys insane. I also noticed they have a nice collection of bats in the back of the shop, don't know what thats for. nice people though
What the Greek dude is saying is total bull**** that no one is buying anymore. This is a very old fashion propaganda that even the greeks themselves are sick and tired from. Truth of the matter is, Albania went through tough times during Hoxha's Communist state, but Greeks failed horribly to show good to show some humanity and offer help and lowpaying jobs to their neighbors, but rather showed xenophobia and hate. Greeks have proven to be lazy and xenophobic. The entire Europe was pouring money to this parasitic nation and the still cannot stand on their feet. Albanians plaid a major role in fight for Greece's independence from Ottomans and if it wasn't for some European nations Albanian Language would have been an official language in Greece. A lot of Albanians that I know have very bad memories while they lived and worked in Greece.

For the one who said that the guy with pizzeria doesn't call the cops but handles the criminals by himself, my respond to you is: "Are you stupid? This is something to be proud of" Do you really believe that cops will save your ass? Because they never saved mine.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff008 View Post
What the Greek dude is saying is total bull**** that no one is buying anymore. This is a very old fashion propaganda that even the greeks themselves are sick and tired from. Truth of the matter is, Albania went through tough times during Hoxha's Communist state, but Greeks failed horribly to show good to show some humanity and offer help and lowpaying jobs to their neighbors, but rather showed xenophobia and hate. Greeks have proven to be lazy and xenophobic. The entire Europe was pouring money to this parasitic nation and the still cannot stand on their feet. Albanians plaid a major role in fight for Greece's independence from Ottomans and if it wasn't for some European nations Albanian Language would have been an official language in Greece. A lot of Albanians that I know have very bad memories while they lived and worked in Greece.

For the one who said that the guy with pizzeria doesn't call the cops but handles the criminals by himself, my respond to you is: "Are you stupid? This is something to be proud of" Do you really believe that cops will save your ass? Because they never saved mine.
The Greeks have been screwing Albania up the butt for centuries my friend. Greeks always screw people up the Butt with their tricks and out smarting everyone else and pitting powers against one another until its time for them to attack. I don't know much about the Balkan Penninsual but I know a lot about Greece which I revere greatly as a Westerner and indeed the father of all Western Civlization.

However I do agree Albania and its peoples which have been in Europe the longest besides the Basques of Spain and France pretty rough. Greece is a shadow of its former self. Greece bankrupt its self into oblivion. Over the ages Greece screwed over Albania and even to some extent Italy across the Adriatic. Turkey might be Albania best friend especially since Albanians are mostly Muslim and retain many aspects of Turkish culture since the Ottoman days. It was real sad that prior to the economic crash plenty of Albanians worked in construction, low wages jobs and as sex workers in Greece as well Italy. Greece and Italy is so washed up in debt that plenty of Albanians headed back home because their is no money to be made in the neighboring EU countries. As for why Europe is bailing Greece? Beats me. Maybe Europe owes a huge indemnity to Greece since its the father of Western Civilization.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:27 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The Greeks have been screwing Albania up the butt for centuries my friend. Greeks always screw people up the Butt with their tricks and out smarting everyone else and pitting powers against one another until its time for them to attack. I don't know much about the Balkan Penninsual but I know a lot about Greece which I revere greatly as a Westerner and indeed the father of all Western Civlization.

However I do agree Albania and its peoples which have been in Europe the longest besides the Basques of Spain and France pretty rough. Greece is a shadow of its former self. Greece bankrupt its self into oblivion. Over the ages Greece screwed over Albania and even to some extent Italy across the Adriatic. Turkey might be Albania best friend especially since Albanians are mostly Muslim and retain many aspects of Turkish culture since the Ottoman days. It was real sad that prior to the economic crash plenty of Albanians worked in construction, low wages jobs and as sex workers in Greece as well Italy. Greece and Italy is so washed up in debt that plenty of Albanians headed back home because their is no money to be made in the neighboring EU countries. As for why Europe is bailing Greece? Beats me. Maybe Europe owes a huge indemnity to Greece since its the father of Western Civilization.
That's called traditional Greek style loving. But more seriously Greece or should i say Hellas had their glory days 500-350 years B.C.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:04 PM

725 posts, read 804,916 times
I was once chased by some Albanians outside my neighborhood. They asked to see my ipod so I just ran instead of giving it to them. There were 5 vs me so I ran for a few blocks. No big deal. I'm white. They also did the same thing to Latinos later on that day I heard. Albanians are also into drug dealing and are the new mafia in my area supposedly.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW001 View Post
I was once chased by some Albanians outside my neighborhood. They asked to see my ipod so I just ran instead of giving it to them. There were 5 vs me so I ran for a few blocks. No big deal. I'm white. They also did the same thing to Latinos later on that day I heard. Albanians are also into drug dealing and are the new mafia in my area supposedly.
What area is this? There's a good number of them in my neigjborhood. Midwood.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
How you guys know if they be Albanian or not? Like no offense but all Yugo languages sound the same to me. Who knows it might be some Slovaks or Vengrs causing trouble in the Bronx

Old 03-29-2014, 10:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
How you guys know if they be Albaniannot? Like no offense but all Yugo languages sound the same to me. Who knows it might be some Slovaks or Vengrs causing trouble in the Bronx
Albanians are not Slavic or part of no slavic race. They are also not related to other groups such as Greeks, Italians and Turks even those countries once fought and ruled over Albania during the middle ages. Slavic languages are regional base such as Balkan sounds different from Baltic slavs as well as Russians. It's like how English is related to German but both sound different. Another good example would he Spanish and Feench are related but sound different.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:08 PM

725 posts, read 804,916 times
Default Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
What area is this? There's a good number of them in my neigjborhood. Midwood.

Riverdale. Supposedly they own some of the local store front food businesses and have back room gambling and etc. I just heard this from a knowledgable long time resident so I don't know if it's true.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:00 AM

186 posts, read 351,799 times
RAEONEPS IRISH HOODS HOLDING DYCKMAN,RIVERDALE FOR 25 YEARSR.I.P CCEEEEEPOCT DESTPS STILL HOLDING DYCKMAN DOWN 25 YEARS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City