Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 08:33 PM

9 posts, read 21,409 times

Advertisements

thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM

82 posts, read 192,046 times
Thumbs up Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
Alrighty, Ill make sure Ill let you know every single detail!! Oh by the way our application number is 2531

Wow 2531 !! Thats crazy man !! lol *Sigh* I didn't receive a letter yet , did they say anything about if they are still sending out letters or not? Could I call them and see if my application was logged in yet?? Or is that not allowed lol I want to know so bad!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:29 PM

45 posts, read 161,380 times
Hmm..... I'm pretty sure that they will send out letters over time as they go through the interview process and weed people out. If they just sent everyone at once, they would most likely get a flood of 10,000 trying to call setting up appointments lol.

I dont know if you read my post one one of these pages asking about the Preference thing. But since my gf already lives in that area, we were able to get the 50% preference, which is why I made her apply instead of myself. That is probably also the reason why we received a letter so quickly.

I'm going to assume that after they finish with all the people with preference, such as, city workers and disabled then everyone else will fall in line and then start to receive letters in the mail. I dont know how fast these guys are doing interviews but I can imagine they are working fast!!!

Sorry for the long paragraph , But good luck to you and I hope you receive a letter soon!

Edit: oops almost forgot to answer the question lol, I dont think youll be allowed to call, the first thing they ask you for when you call is your Application Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Wow 2531 !! Thats crazy man !! lol *Sigh* I didn't receive a letter yet , did they say anything about if they are still sending out letters or not? Could I call them and see if my application was logged in yet?? Or is that not allowed lol I want to know so bad!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM

Thumbs up Thanks!!

Quote:
Hmm..... I'm pretty sure that they will send out letters over time as they go through the interview process and weed people out. If they just sent everyone at once, they would most likely get a flood of 10,000 trying to call setting up appointments lol.

I dont know if you read my post one one of these pages asking about the Preference thing. But since my gf already lives in that area, we were able to get the 50% preference, which is why I made her apply instead of myself. That is probably also the reason why we received a letter so quickly.

I'm going to assume that after they finish with all the people with preference, such as, city workers and disabled then everyone else will fall in line and then start to receive letters in the mail. I dont know how fast these guys are doing interviews but I can imagine they are working fast!!!

Sorry for the long paragraph , But good luck to you and I hope you receive a letter soon!

Edit: oops almost forgot to answer the question lol, I dont think youll be allowed to call, the first thing they ask you for when you call is your Application Number
Thank you for your response and the paragraph is just fine . I'm glad you took time out to explain that part to me . Lol I guess I was being silly hahahaha! I completely forgot about that peference thing...what you said makes perfect sense I just have to be alittle more patient . Thank you again Wlkjoj I really appreciate and please continue to update me!! I guess its a good thing though because I have to get my birth ceritificate fixed my name was spelled wrong on it hahahaha *in tears*! Boy now that I look at my last post people might think I'm crazy or something mayb I should erase that??

Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your response and the paragraph is just fine . I'm glad you took time out to explain that part to me . Lol I guess I was being silly hahahaha! I completely forgot about that peference thing...what you said makes perfect sense I just have to be alittle more patient . Thank you again Wlkjoj I really appreciate and please continue to update me!! I guess its a good thing though because I have to get my birth ceritificate fixed my name was spelled wrong on it hahahaha *in tears*! Boy now that I look at my last post people might think I'm crazy or something mayb I should erase that??
Haha Yes, Be patient, Imagine how impatient I am, waiting all the way until Tuesday just to be possibly denied lol, However I feel confident I wont. My only worry Is me possibly falling in between the gap of 2 different brackets. And You dont even need your birth certificate so dont wory about that, You can just use your passport instead!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Haha Yes, Be patient, Imagine how impatient I am, waiting all the way until Tuesday just to be possibly denied lol, However I feel confident I wont. My only worry Is me possibly falling in between the gap of 2 different brackets. And You dont even need your birth certificate so dont wory about that, You can just use your passport instead!
Lol I don't have a passport!! I can only imagine your emotions right now those brackets are very odd to me.. I mean there are like three or four brackets of income min-max for each bedroom size based on the amount of people living in the household so say even though I'm in the income range for the apartment size I still may go over or under because of the size of my family..strange stuff lol

Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,376 times
Hey when you go to the interview...can you ask them about when we'll ever find out any REAL information on this development ! SMFH !!! Still haven't been able to find anything

Old 10-29-2010, 09:14 AM

Lmao, I know man, its like they just left everyone in the dark. I doubt the move in will be as scheduled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Hey when you go to the interview...can you ask them about when we'll ever find out any REAL information on this development ! SMFH !!! Still haven't been able to find anything

Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM

Cool hmmm...

Quote:
Lmao, I know man, its like they just left everyone in the dark. I doubt the move in will be as scheduled.
When do you think they would most likely start letting people move in?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:54 PM

Hmm, I don't know, maybe like Summer/Fall, But hey my guess is as good as yours. Maybe they really will start moving people in March. Who knows!

Quote:
When do you think they would most likely start letting people move in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City