U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2011, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hey guys, I'm just gonna copy and paste from the riverplace II thread, so hopefully you guys could answer my questions .

I've been told as well that if you are "boarding" in someones apartment, they don't go any further than the living room ( which is where we'll say we stay). We'll have an air mattress there, some clothing and stuff. We actually do rent a small Manhattan mini storage, so we could always say all our stuff is in there.
Well, so far everything is going great. We went to the interview Monday May 9th, and already Friday May 13th, they faxed the employment verification to my wife's job for them to fill out which they promptly returned. My employment is checked instantly thru "theworknumber.com". The landlord inquiry is going to be sent directly to my aunt so she could fill out instead of the actual landlord of the building. The gentleman was kind enough say he'd rather send it to my aunt since we are boarding in her apartment rather than bring any problems to her by sending it directly to the landlord. They also called me from creditview asking about how much I have in my checkings and saving as of today and how long I had the accounts.
Which actually brings me to another question that hopefully you guys could answer. Do they check your bank account history further than the 6 months than that of the statements you bring in? Or are they simply verifying that the 6 months statements you bring coincide with the banks records? I'm just worried that even AFTER we were qualified at the interview, that they would come up with some way to add more to our income which would blow us out of the water. We barely made the $39,600 maximum. We totaled $39,485 with all assets and income!
Thanks and sorry for the long post lol
They add 2% to your income if your assets total over $5,000. you need to have less then that in your bank account, GOOD LUCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 08:06 PM

270 posts, read 446,631 times
Hey...thanks for the response ...I do know about the 2%..but I did already pass the interview ...they already looked at my 6 months bank statements ..I just wanna know..if after the interview do they somehow go into your bank account and look even further than 6 months..to discover More potential assests

Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
Hey...thanks for the response ...I do know about the 2%..but I did already pass the interview ...they already looked at my 6 months bank statements ..I just wanna know..if after the interview do they somehow go into your bank account and look even further than 6 months..to discover More potential assests
No, I don't think they go back but what they do is they will ask you for more bank statments from the month that you went to the interview till the month that you are about to get the apartment.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:26 PM

ahh ok, that helps alot. Thank you for your help. They did mention that they might ask for more pay stubs later on and I guess bank statements. The interviewer was kind enough to even mention that we should keep our hours to the minimum from now on during the process. Which I will do!

Old 05-15-2011, 02:37 PM

I also happy to say that my aunt also received the landlord verification letter yesterday ( Saturday the 14th). She's going to promptly return it. So hopefully ,all the verifications they needed ie: Employment, Landlord, Banks and criminal records checks) all check out quickly and they can proceed further to the next step very soon.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 AM

17 posts, read 33,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayDownOn42nd View Post
I had my home visit March 3rd. Around the first week of April they asked for additional bank statements - my initial interview was in December so they wanted their information current. Then they called in late April to set an appointment to view apartments - so a total of about seven weeks after the home visit. Things may move a bit more quickly now since the building is almost complete. I know the wait is excruciating, but if you're lucky enough to get in, it's well worth the wait. Good luck to you.

Had home visit about 3 weeks ago.... he spoke out loud during my visit as he wrote "nice and neat, clean, organized and decorated nicely..." I am so hopeful that any day now I will hear something.... a phone call.... a letter..... They had said if I PASSED the home inspection the next step would be viewing an apartment. I am pretty sure by his comments out loud, that I must have passed? Excitedly waiting!!!!!! So happy to hear what you have posted WAYDOWNON42nd!!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 PM

Great news, much luck on that, seems like everything's going in the right direction. We just went to our interview last Monday ( the 9th) so, we are still a slight ways from knowing any good news yet. Although I am very confident things will go good, its just the excitement and nervousness in waiting and hoping! As I said before these people are moving extremely fast in the processing. I think 2 or 3 days after our interview they promptly set all their verifications in motion. I believe the sooner everything checks out the sooner we can go to the next step, being the Home interview. Once I get to that point, I'll feel even more confident.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM

540 posts, read 953,986 times
Sooo...as you guys know I received my letter from Related back in late January regarding my application..but they immediately rejected me stating they didn't think I made enough to qualify. However being that i've gone through the housing lottery before...and I know how they calculate income..I calculated myself and I DO indeed qualify..so I appealed their decision...AND..today I received a call from one of their reps calling me to verify my new address so they can contact me.

I cant tell if this is good or bad..as I wont know anything for sure until I receive something in the mail. But im praying im at LEAST granted an interview !

Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Very nice Jkid, at least it's one step in the right direction , opposed to being disqualified all together.

Today, I received a call from my interviewer , saying that all verifications have been done and tomorrow , the managers will be in the office , for approval..so that they can move on to the next step which would be a home interview. I'm so surprised at how fast they have been working. I went to the interview ( i will say again!! lol) on Monday May 9th, and now 9 days later (Wednesday the 18th) they told me everything has been verified ( ie: employment,income, credit, landlord, criminal check, and banks).
He said after the Home interview, that we would then be called in for a FINAL CERTIFICATION interview, in which we would bring more pay stubs I guess so that they can re-calculate our income, to make sure we are still making the same ( which we are). I've been waiting so long for this opportunity, I'm really praying we get this apartment. After 4 lottery interviews in 2010, in which every one was denied on the spot, due to one thing or the other..I finally feel like this is the one.
On other news, I went to the NYCHA interview in DEC 2010 as well, and It wasn't until TODAY as well that we heard that we have been certified. After about 6 months of being in the dark as to whether or not the NYCHA apartment would finalize , we finally got word. They said that they still haven't sent our application to the development, but once they do, we'll either get a call or mail.

PS: On a side note I also have a question about 80/20 buildings.
After we are living in this bldg, how exactly does it work for the future? For example: If we stay under the maximum income range that was needed to be approved for the apartment, in this case $39,600 for a 2 bedroom and a rent of $819, would the RENT stay the same every year or will it continue to go up no matter what? Also if our income goes DOWN, does the rent go down? and if our income goes up, but not drastically does rent go up accordingly? Whats the policy if a person later on needs to be removed from the lease ( no plans of that , but just wondering), what do they do.
Its alot of questions but I would like to better understand how it all works, Thanks in advanced to anyone who takes time to read this and answer it

PSS: I am aware and have heard of some places ( like rp2) saying that you can't make more than 170% of your income, but what I'm trying to find out about is how the rent if affected in the future..is it always stabilized at the advertized amount ? I dont "think" riverplace II is an 80/20 bldg , but I DO KNOW the bldg I'm currently trying to get approved for is 80/20 The main site for this bldg is www.gair2.com

Last edited by emulator; 05-18-2011 at 06:33 PM..

Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 PM

17 posts, read 33,497 times
Got a phone call this week to see how FAST I could come by and view an apartment!! I viewed it that day! A very nice lady greeted me and showed me around the whole complex. AMAZING! It seems like a resort! Doggy day care on site $500 for the year. The Mclub includes the gym, pool, computer lab, barbque grills, access to game rooms and more for $1000 per year. The apartment for low income had beige carpets, white appliances, including a microwave, washer/dryer and dishwasher. No doors where the washer/dryer closet but you could add easy enough. I was shown a beautiful one bedroom and the view was gorgeous, nothing was blocking I am so excited because my current apartment is in the dark 24/7 due to it not getting any sunlight from surrounding buildings. So I am feeling like this is some kind of strange dream and can hardly believe they are having me move forward?!?! I am supposed to come in and bring final paperwork, sign papers and such before I am 100% guaranteed I am getting it and I am working on getting that stuff ASAP!! Good luck everyone and thanks for keeping us informed with all the good updates and such!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City