U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 13,089 times
A little annoyed that people pull out chairs and 5 -6 at a time to park themselves and chill outside this specific building/door. And it doesn't help the front door is open 85% of the time (or at least 85% of the time I'm coming and going).

Pathmark, NYSC, Deals, Duane Reade, Chase, etc is all around me which I love. 1 more block is the A train which I take to work in midtown.

I don't know anyone in Harlem, and of course I hear the usual "don't trust anyone" "watch your back at night" "don't wear anything flashy", so I keep to myself and just come and go.

The actual 1 bedroom is gorgeous, which is why I took it. But I didn't know the block was so hot (shame on me for not realizing the projects is on the next block). The one issue I see may be asking chicks to come through....and then they see 10 dudes just chillin in front of my wide open intercomm door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM

902 posts, read 769,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1YearLease View Post
A little annoyed that people pull out chairs and 5 -6 at a time to park themselves and chill outside this specific building/door. And it doesn't help the front door is open 85% of the time (or at least 85% of the time I'm coming and going).

Pathmark, NYSC, Deals, Duane Reade, Chase, etc is all around me which I love. 1 more block is the A train which I take to work in midtown.

I don't know anyone in Harlem, and of course I hear the usual "don't trust anyone" "watch your back at night" "don't wear anything flashy", so I keep to myself and just come and go.

The actual 1 bedroom is gorgeous, which is why I took it. But I didn't know the block was so hot (shame on me for not realizing the projects is on the next block). The one issue I see may be asking chicks to come through....and then they see 10 dudes just chillin in front of my wide open intercomm door.
Epic fail. How much did they hook you for, $1600?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 PM

3,836 posts, read 2,504,708 times
Quote:

If you don't like people hanging out, find out where they live and write to their landlord(s). Emphasis on WRITE. This gives the landlords something to use.

If they are tenants in your building, start writing right away.
If your door is left open, you should have started already.

A landlord who makes a fuss at tenants for doing this will be accused of "harassment." They need tenant complaints, in writing, sent certified mail, return receipt.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM

902 posts, read 769,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
If you don't like people hanging out, find out where they live and write to their landlord(s). Emphasis on WRITE. This gives the landlords something to use.

A landlord who makes a fuss at tenants for doing this will be accused of "harassment." They need tenant complaints, in writing, sent certified mail, return receipt.
You can also contact Help me Howard at Pix 11

Old 08-14-2013, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 914 times
I Live in Harlem and **** do get real. 129th lenox!!!!!, Lincoln projects!!!!, st nick, 137th, 140th Lenox threw 145th!!!!, Wagner, Foster Taft, Drew Ham, Manhattan ave. The whole Lenox and 5th ave. And believe me every place i named is not 2 far from each other which means alot of beef, fights, shoot outs!!! Alot of young and older teens in many cliques and gangs ex. G-F aka Good Fellaz, 140th aka 40 wolves, Ygz, Ybz, L.O.E, Blood/crip are rising rapidly and when the rest get out of jail its gonna be crowed with gangs. Stay on the east side!!!! By next summer Harlem gonna rise in murder rates. Im talkin from experience and me bein apart of 1 of thos gangs.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM

20 posts, read 13,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
Epic fail. How much did they hook you for, $1600?
RENT is $1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post

Thanks bro. Although I have no idea how I would find out where they live?

Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 PM

10,144 posts, read 18,017,918 times
Quote:
RENT is $1,400

I don't suggest ruffling any feathers.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 PM

611 posts, read 472,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Shine View Post
I Live in Harlem and **** do get real. 129th lenox!!!!!, Lincoln projects!!!!, st nick, 137th, 140th Lenox threw 145th!!!!, Wagner, Foster Taft, Drew Ham, Manhattan ave. The whole Lenox and 5th ave. And believe me every place i named is not 2 far from each other which means alot of beef, fights, shoot outs!!! Alot of young and older teens in many cliques and gangs ex. G-F aka Good Fellaz, 140th aka 40 wolves, Ygz, Ybz, L.O.E, Blood/crip are rising rapidly and when the rest get out of jail its gonna be crowed with gangs. Stay on the east side!!!! By next summer Harlem gonna rise in murder rates. Im talkin from experience and me bein apart of 1 of thos gangs.
kill yourself pls

Old 08-15-2013, 11:16 AM

334 posts, read 551,178 times
Quote:
RENT is $1,400

Please don't tell me ur paying $1400 for 1 bedroom in a basic apartment building in the hood. a I would hope if u moved over there u would at least live in a luxury bldg but that cant be the case when u said u got 10 guys outside of ur bldg with the door wide open. u really got urself robbed. u realize prob ur whole bldg is getting almost free to free rent while u pay out 1400 ?

Old 08-15-2013, 03:02 PM

268 posts, read 125,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
Please don't tell me ur paying $1400 for 1 bedroom in a basic apartment building in the hood. a I would hope if u moved over there u would at least live in a luxury bldg but that cant be the case when u said u got 10 guys outside of ur bldg with the door wide open. u really got urself robbed. u realize prob ur whole bldg is getting almost free to free rent while u pay out 1400 ?
Wouldn't the owner be under water if they weren't collecting rent from at least some of the tenants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City