Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 PM

461 posts, read 2,000,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
I'm sure you know at least one person who grew up in the ghetto, got an education and left.
I was joking...but honestly for every success story, there's like 50 ghetto horror stories. Sad but true. The city doesn't need these ghetto kind of people intiminating decent classy people from moving to the Bronx, Brooklyn or other boroughs. One of the main reasons why white people who have money are afraid to move to the Bronx is because it is too "ethnic" with a sub-culture of ghetto street life. If that isn't intiminating, then I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
What a fantastic post. Yes. Bloomberg for life. Or even better - 4 years of Giuliani, 4 years of Bloomberg, ad infinitum.

There's no need for a ghetto in a city that aspires to be a true World City. Gentrify the hell out of the entire city, not just Manhattan. Ah, dreams.
I dont understand the mentally of people like this. Giuliani cleaned the streets of nyc making it safe for families to come and move it. What is wrong with that? I never met a black or hispanic person who had anything nice to say about giuliani. Think of it logically, what kind of people live in the getto? The answer is people who are on the government dime, criminals, or hipsters who think they are cool until they get mugged and run home to mommy. What is wrong with making nyc safe for everyone? What is wrong with increasing the standard of living of everyone in nyc? I saw a thread where people were remembering the good old days of the 70s when times square was full of crack hoes and drug deals. Why would anyone want to go back to that. I have been to east ny recently it is still the getto but no one tried to mug or kill me. East ny now is safe during the day but still dangerous at night. 20 years ago it was dangerous in the day and at night. Giuliani and bloomberg were both great mayors and our next mayor will suck by comparison unless he is wiemer who sucks on his own dont need to compare him to anyone for him to suck. I personally have a lot of disagreements with bloomberg especially when it comes to this mosque but in all he has been very good. He is a conservative when it comes to ecomonics and a liberal when it comes to social issues. I can live with the social issues but we need someone who isnt going to tax and spend us into the ground. Weimer will tax and spend us into the ground if he becomes mayor.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
I know people here are going to say...well where are we suppose to put these ghetto people? Quite honestly, I don't care...as long as it is not in my backyard and my backyard specifically is the Bronx. Send them upstate to newburgh or something, just stay away from the 5 boroughs!
Actually I had a plan gather all the getto people from manhattan, brooklyn, queens and staten island and ship them to the bronx. Rename the bronx to gansta land and put video cameras all over the place and make a realitiy tv show.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:57 PM

447 posts, read 1,564,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
What a fantastic post. Yes. Bloomberg for life. Or even better - 4 years of Giuliani, 4 years of Bloomberg, ad infinitum.

There's no need for a ghetto in a city that aspires to be a true World City. Gentrify the hell out of the entire city, not just Manhattan. Ah, dreams.
You don't understand, do you?
You need an underclass to do your low paying work, without it the city would decline very fast.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I dont understand the mentally of people like this. Giuliani cleaned the streets of nyc making it safe for families to come and move it. What is wrong with that? I never met a black or hispanic person who had anything nice to say about giuliani. Think of it logically, what kind of people live in the getto? The answer is people who are on the government dime, criminals, or hipsters who think they are cool until they get mugged and run home to mommy. What is wrong with making nyc safe for everyone? What is wrong with increasing the standard of living of everyone in nyc? I saw a thread where people were remembering the good old days of the 70s when times square was full of crack hoes and drug deals. Why would anyone want to go back to that. I have been to east ny recently it is still the getto but no one tried to mug or kill me. East ny now is safe during the day but still dangerous at night. 20 years ago it was dangerous in the day and at night. Giuliani and bloomberg were both great mayors and our next mayor will suck by comparison unless he is wiemer who sucks on his own dont need to compare him to anyone for him to suck. I personally have a lot of disagreements with bloomberg especially when it comes to this mosque but in all he has been very good. He is a conservative when it comes to ecomonics and a liberal when it comes to social issues. I can live with the social issues but we need someone who isnt going to tax and spend us into the ground. Weimer will tax and spend us into the ground if he becomes mayor.

You people are ignorant.
You think only people in the ghetto are criminals?
I hope you know several influential people come from a ghetto.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,860,382 times
Quote:
I never met a black or hispanic person who had anything nice to say about giuliani.
I have no idea how many Black or Latin people you have met. I would think quite a few since you live in NYC. But I have also met quite a few that voted for Guiliani, and that thinks he was good mayor, and decent guy. You are lumping all Black and Latin people together. You don't know all Black and Latin people. Black and Latin people have different political views just like every other group.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
You don't understand, do you?
You need an underclass to do your low paying work, without it the city would decline very fast.
This guy is on your side. He was being saracastic. And no we dont need an underclass to do your low paying work. Many people who take these low playing jobs are kids right out of high school or right after college looking for other jobs or finding themselves. You usually dont see 40 or 50 year olds with these low paying jobs and if you do that doesnt mean they are from the getto. Infact many in the getto dont have jobs and dont want them. Why work for mcdonalds when you can get pretty much the same if not more from the government. By the way anyone go to mcdonalds recently? I was there today and most of the people working there are under 30. At least the one I was in. Not including manager and assistant manager which was over 30.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
This guy is on your side. He was being saracastic. And no we dont need an underclass to do your low paying work. Many people who take these low playing jobs are kids right out of high school or right after college looking for other jobs or finding themselves. You usually dont see 40 or 50 year olds with these low paying jobs and if you do that doesnt mean they are from the getto. Infact many in the getto dont have jobs and dont want them. Why work for mcdonalds when you can get pretty much the same if not more from the government. By the way anyone go to mcdonalds recently? I was there today and most of the people working there are under 30. At least the one I was in. Not including manager and assistant manager which was over 30.
Do you know how much money welfare is? Its only a few hundred bucks depending how many people live with you. Also, you HAVE to work to recieve welfare. Its not an option, and in case you didn't know, welfare is not permanent. Ignorant.

Do you think high school students man the subways? Do they pick up garbage,drive taxi cabs, drive the buses, or work for the fire department?
No. Its the lower middle class who does that. Mcdonalds is usually younger college students.

Do you think these rich yuppies or trust fund hipsters work for the police department? Teach in the public schools? NO.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:14 PM

461 posts, read 2,000,503 times
Quote:
Actually I had a plan gather all the getto people from manhattan, brooklyn, queens and staten island and ship them to the bronx. Rename the bronx to gansta land and put video cameras all over the place and make a realitiy tv show.
NOOOOOOO....not the Bronx! Don't say that. Just as bad as you want the other boroughs to clean up, I want the Bronx even worst. Believe me the potential is there but don't encourage dumping ghetto people in the Bronx...we have enough as is. We don't need more. If fact I want those low-lives out my borough so we can finally have a family friendly environment to raise our kids. If Harlem is slowly doing it...why not the Bronx. Harlem was nasty back in the day and look at the gentrified areas now. Night and day!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
I was joking...but honestly for every success story, there's like 50 ghetto horror stories. Sad but true. The city doesn't need these ghetto kind of people intiminating decent classy people from moving to the Bronx, Brooklyn or other boroughs. One of the main reasons why white people who have money are afraid to move to the Bronx is because it is too "ethnic" with a sub-culture of ghetto street life. If that isn't intiminating, then I don't know what is.
Victorfox, your posts always intrigue me. I wonder what you look like?

Probably a cutie with a dark side. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City